July 2011 Filers

Biometrics notification came in the mail. Time to update that signature again, I don't have any complaints!:)

We received our NOA for i-130 today! Super happy. I am hoping that I have something in the mail waiting for me when I get back to my state of residence next weekend. :)

Is there a NOA for i-485? :D

Just checked my bank account and realized my check for 1490$ got cashed :) Never have I wanted to a check to clear sooner...
Havent received any sms/email/noa notification letter..

We received our NOA for i-130 today! Super happy. I am hoping that I have something in the mail waiting for me when I get back to my state of residence next weekend. :)

Is there a NOA for i-485? :D

Excellent! Yes there is NOA for I-485 too.

6.30 mailed application
7.5 mail delivered, signed by Nesbit
7.26 emailed lockbox inquiring about case
7.28 called 800 number, was told they started processing today and they'll send receipt and cash check next week.
7.29 get email from lockbox that my application was rejected because of a stale check stupid me

What happened? Why is it a stale check?

What happened? Why is it a stale check?

Check presented at the paying bank after a certain period (typically six months) of its payment date. A stale check is not an invalid check, but it may be deemed an 'irregular' bill of exchange. A bank may refuse to honor it unless its drawer reconfirms it payment either by inserting a new payment date or by issuing a new check. Also called stale dated check.

Just checked my bank account and realized my check for 1490$ got cashed :) Never have I wanted to a check to clear sooner...
Havent received any sms/email/noa notification letter..

Hello fitfat 1947!

I haven't received any sms/email either. I actually had to sign up for it through the USCIS website after I received my NOA for i-130. I submitted my package with the sms/email notification slip but for some reason they didn't sign me up for it. :D

No worries. Once you get your NOA, you can go to the USCIS site and register to receive updates. :)

Thanks xingin :).... Hopefully the NOA comes soon. Good luck
Hello fitfat 1947!

I haven't received any sms/email either. I actually had to sign up for it through the USCIS website after I received my NOA for i-130. I submitted my package with the sms/email notification slip but for some reason they didn't sign me up for it. :D

No worries. Once you get your NOA, you can go to the USCIS site and register to receive updates. :)

I'm gonna try it because the location is about five minutes from my office. All I stand to lose is the $15 garage parking fee.:( Complete ripoff

any of you guys gonna do an early walk-in ? or it doesn't really help ?

I'm curious my self to know if an early walk-in helps move the process faster!! I would hate to take off from work to go w/ my hubby for an early walk-in just to get turned away!! :(

I'm curious my self to know if an early walk-in helps move the process faster!! I would hate to take off from work to go w/ my hubby for an early walk-in just to get turned away!! :(

I think it depends on your location. Google for people who have done this at your location before. I tried mine and also looked up the official site for their office and they specifically mention that walk-ins will not be entertained. It may be different for you and could be worth a shot.