July 2011 Filers

We used cashier's check for the $1070 and a USPS money order for the $420. I believe there is no way for me to know if they've encashed it so I could at least determine that they're doing something to my package.

I hear all of the people here who are waiting for the next update on their cases. Glad to know we're here to support each other. :)

So I refiled today (after I got the returned packet), they had started processing everything and had everything I had included with my I-130 including the seperate envelope I sealed my I-130 within the full package but lost the I-130.
Filed USPS since they gave me a P.O. Box number to file at and included a neon green sheet saying please include this on top of your application and we will ensure it receives special attention.
Based on the way everything was arranged they had started processing it, the checks too...so somewhere down the line they lost the I-130 and they had to ask for the I-131 and I-765 back from the office that was further processing them, which is why it took them so long to send my pakage back to me.
I replaced the checks just to be safe and added my I-130 + support docs even though they already had the support in there, sent it USPS overnight (no one else can deliver to P.O. Boxes) and hopefully I'll have good news soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mantikos!

That's why you've been out of action for all of 31 hours. I was wondering where you had gone to.
So I refiled today, they had started processing everything and had everything I had included with my I-130 including the seperate envelope I sealed my I-130 within the full package.
Filed USPS since they gave me a P.O. Box number to file at and included a neon green sheet saying please include this on top of your application and we will ensure it receives special attention.
Based on the way everything was arranged they had started processing it, the checks too...so somewhere down the line they lost the I-130 and they had to ask for the I-131 and I-765 back from the office that was further processing them, which is why it took them so long to send my pakage back to me.
I replaced the checks just to be safe and added my I-130 + support docs even though they already had the support in there, sent it USPS overnight (no one else can deliver to P.O. Boxes) and hopefully I'll have good news soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
ASC: Dallas,TX DO: Irving,TX

06/29/2011 Mailed I-130 and I-485 Concurrent AOS Package
06/30/2011 Delivered by UPS (Next Day Air) - Signed for by CHYBA @ 10:17 am
07/18/2011 Trace initiated to locate package - WTC# issued
07/25/2011 Received case numbers from tier 2 customer service rep (entered into system today per conversation)
07/26/2011 Called again to confirm case # and was informed that it is being rejected because they didn't have my I-130 aka they lost it
07/27/2011 Recieved returned package (they had all the I-130 support just not the form in there, they lost the form!)
07/27/2011 Refiled via USPS overnight to P.O. Box

Mantikos!

That's why you've been out of action for all of 31 hours. I was wondering where you had gone to.

Haha...didn't have much to say...my packet wasn't going anywhere so I made a decision not to visit this forum so I wouldn't be reminded of how ridic this whole situation was...
plus between the sulking, frustration and preparing the I-130 packet again I had my hands full :p

Don't stress minor details. I don't even expect you to get an RFE about that. Have you adopted your husbands last name and dropped your maiden name?

Easier said than done :( and yes I use my husband's last name, but as far as my maiden name spelled wrong, that also means my fathers name was spelled incorrectly :(

Easier said than done :( and yes I use my husband's last name, but as far as my maiden name spelled wrong, that also means my fathers name was spelled incorrectly :(

My case is "worse". My name on my original birth certificate does not have my last name (fathers name), it only has my first and middle names AND misspells my first name. My passport has all three names but misspells my first name in a different way. My drivers license has the exact misspelling in my passport. Only my social security number and educational documents have my correct name.

However the notice of action I received used my correct name. So like I said, don't sweat the small details

My case is "worse". My name on my original birth certificate does not have my last name (fathers name), it only has my first and middle names AND misspells my first name. My passport has all three names but misspells my first name in a different way. My drivers license has the exact misspelling in my passport. Only my social security number and educational documents have my correct name.

However the notice of action I received used my correct name. So like I said, don't sweat the small details

WOw, that is a mess ;( andI know mine is just a minor typo but if does cause a delay you can bet my atty will hear from me..lol

I filed 6/30/11, mail delivered 7/5/11 signed by Nesbit. and I've received nothing yet. just called CS said they can't locate my info in the sys.

Hi treeye!

I hear you. Something seems to be delaying most of the July applications. I checked the timelines of the previous month filers and most of them have their application going faster than we have. :/

I'm still waiting too.

I filed 6/30/11, mail delivered 7/5/11 signed by Nesbit. and I've received nothing yet. just called CS said they can't locate my info in the sys.

Just my theory, but they seem to have lost a lot of forms during the the whole 4th of July weekend, so since you applied the same time that I did, I would be a little worried about that possibility...
Ask them to issue you a service request number for a trace/investigation into the packet (only tier 2 can do that) and ask the petitioner to e-mail the lockbox support e-mail address since they only seem to respond to the I-130 petitioner

I filed mine too.. and havent heard back. waiting till monday if no response I am plannin to call them.

Received NOA today. Initial review has started! Fingers and toes crossed.

Mankitos: what a mess! but so glad you have refiled everything. i am sorry about it. i'll be thinking and praying for your application! (and everyone else's!)

Received NOA today. Initial review has started! Fingers and toes crossed.

Mankitos: what a mess! but so glad you have refiled everything. i am sorry about it. i'll be thinking and praying for your application! (and everyone else's!)

Thank you SLK and I'll do the same for you and everyone else here :)

Great job mantikos. I am thinking you should receive a reply within 3/5 days. Keeping finger crossed and praying for all of us

People here like me who are in waiting mode or anybody who wants some stats for last three months of filing. I came across this site with some good stats. Check it out. USe the filters to check last three months filing to get some idea how the process is going.

www dot trackitt dot com/usa-immigration-trackers/i130-i485

p.s use . for dot cause it wont let me post URL

Just my theory, but they seem to have lost a lot of forms during the the whole 4th of July weekend, so since you applied the same time that I did, I would be a little worried about that possibility...
Ask them to issue you a service request number for a trace/investigation into the packet (only tier 2 can do that) and ask the petitioner to e-mail the lockbox support e-mail address since they only seem to respond to the I-130 petitioner

thanks for the info. I called again today with my husband, they told me that they started processing my application today. I guess I'm happy :)
how to update my timeline?

ps. in addition to Chyba, if u call CS and it's Daniel (G680590)answering the phone, just hang up and redial. she is not gonna help u.