July 2011 Filers

THESE @#$@#$! they finally responded to my wife's e-mail saying that there wasn't an I-130 included in the package...which means they lost it...which is spectacular because that means they lost all the support for it and all the pics...awesome...took these @#!#! 25 days to discover they lost the I-130....oh goodness!

Hello mantikos!

That's unbelievable! You sent your application in one package, how can they lose it when the forms are there in their office and have no reason to be taken out?
Assemble your application package now and send them today! Today!

Make sure you make a copy of the original I-130 and add it to the I-485 package. VERY IMPORTANT because sometimes the person who evaluates the I-485 package is different from the I-130 package and if the copy of the I-130 is not included, the lazy arse will not bother to check to verify there is an I-130 package.

THESE @#$@#$! they finally responded to my wife's e-mail saying that there wasn't an I-130 included in the package...which means they lost it...which is spectacular because that means they lost all the support for it and all the pics...awesome...took these @#!#! 25 days to discover they lost the I-130....oh goodness!

Oh no, I didn't really do that.

I sent an i-485 packet and an i-130 packet. They're placed in one envelope with a cover letter and list of contents, but I didn't send an extra i-130. Is that really how it should be done?

It is not mandatory. I just like dotting my "i"'s and crossing my "t"'s. I don't want to give these people ANY opportunity to delay my package. Like I said, it may only cause problems if you have a lazy arse evaluator

I sent an i-485 packet and an i-130 packet. They're placed in one envelope with a cover letter and list of contents, but I didn't send an extra i-130. Is that really how it should be done?

Me neither my lawyer didn't tell me to do that oh well

Hello MANTIKOS, according to my political science teacher government is slow, arrogant and times downright incompetent, but that is the best we have . I am sure it was a human error because they lost your package, it is sickening and maddening, but all of us need that card to go on about our lives..... so just like rest of the forum people I am urging you to take a deep breath, get your composure back and then start compiling the package. (I hope I don't have to do that myself, and I don't envy you).
Think positive, because getting mad with them will not bring the result, they are still going to get paid, and we will be stuck without the paper.
I hope you stay with this thread, we started our journey here, let's finish it to the last. I am reassembling my package just to be on the safe side, and I am waiting to see you update your status with RESUBMITTED.
GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEED

Hello Ananga 73, thanks for the advice, the extra copy is a good idea, never heard of it but will do incase I have to resubmit.

Ok, so since it is the I-130 that is missing...I am reprinting everything that goes with it and putting in an extra copy with the I-485 this time...I am going to stay on the July thread and I am going to reapply the day the package is back with me!

As my application is under review by USCIS lockbox, for over payment of $380.00, do I still get a receipt after 30 days? Or they can take it as long as say six month?

Hi All... I am new to this forum but hey I m happy to join my fellow July filers...

My packet received on 18th but still no text/email or no check cashed... lil worried.....

Hi All... I am new to this forum but hey I m happy to join my fellow July filers...

My packet received on 18th but still no text/email or no check cashed... lil worried.....

Welcome to the Forums. If you look at all our timelines you will see it can take from 5 days to 30 days to get the checks cashed. One good thing going for you it was signed by Bush and not by Chyba. Just be patient and it will get cashed and you will be onto the next step in no time.

My husband are living in different states now and so when we sent our package, we have different addresses. I found out that the i-130 receipt will be sent to his address and the rest will be sent to mine. There has been no mail sent to him and I'm spending the summer break here with him so I can't really tell if they've sent anything to my address but I'm hoping I'll get something when I get back next week.

Waiting is such a drag. :D

I get up every morning to check my email and back account to see if the payment has gone through or if there is a notification letter.
Got to work on 'Patience'

Hopefully Bush does something FAST... lol.. I am too anxious because waiting is the hardest part but have no choice.

Welcome to the Forums. If you look at all our timelines you will see it can take from 5 days to 30 days to get the checks cashed. One good thing going for you it was signed by Bush and not by Chyba. Just be patient and it will get cashed and you will be onto the next step in no time.

So folks, here is what happened -- On Friday, the 22nd, I receive a call from our lawyer saying the package was returned to her -- we didn't put the correct amount on one of the checks! ($1010 instead of $1070!) Felt incredibly stupid -- and also wished they had called or emailed us telling us this was the problem so we could have fixed it earlier, instead of wasting 9 days - but I understand that's not their job.

So our lawyer processed a third check for $60 and sent it back the within 2 hours. It was received on Monday, the 25th - and today, 2 days after them receiving it, they cashed the checks. I am beyond relieved! So, my countdown went back to 1 on the 22nd!

Ughhh NOT a Happy camper :( My atty finally emailed me copies of the orignal app. And I noticed my Maiden name is spelled incorrectly.. Its only missing ine letter, but I pray this will not cause a delay.. Has anyone had this issue???

Ughhh NOT a Happy camper :( My atty finally emailed me copies of the orignal app. And I noticed my Maiden name is spelled incorrectly.. Its only missing ine letter, but I pray this will not cause a delay.. Has anyone had this issue???

Don't stress minor details. I don't even expect you to get an RFE about that. Have you adopted your husbands last name and dropped your maiden name?

Who reviewed the package and who wrote the checks? These are the kind of mistakes I expect every competent lawyer to catch. It is not a minor detail. Good to know that you're on track though.

So folks, here is what happened -- On Friday, the 22nd, I receive a call from our lawyer saying the package was returned to her -- we didn't put the correct amount on one of the checks! ($1010 instead of $1070!) Felt incredibly stupid -- and also wished they had called or emailed us telling us this was the problem so we could have fixed it earlier, instead of wasting 9 days - but I understand that's not their job.

So our lawyer processed a third check for $60 and sent it back the within 2 hours. It was received on Monday, the 25th - and today, 2 days after them receiving it, they cashed the checks. I am beyond relieved! So, my countdown went back to 1 on the 22nd!