July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

GA is different from florida you get your DL on the spot , Hey SpanishGirl you should receive your DL very soon even though they say 30 days but it takes less than that .I remember back when I used to live in Royal Palm Beach (Wellington ) FL it only only took two weeks for my room mate to get his DL

Perfect thanks for the info!! And small world, you used to live 10 minutes from us! We live on the line of west palm and Royal palm.

Again thx!

my brother's petition was denied because i didn't provide a copy of civil registry of my marriage,i have to appeal but where to get the copy of this? please help me

Bump

I have applied as a spouse of a USC and our marriage is more than 2 years old. So theoretically, I should be getting a GC without the 2 year conditional clause. I mentioned this in the cover letter of my application but dont know how to approach it further. When the interview time comes, if they are ready to approve the case, should I then remind them that since our marriage is more than 2 years I need to be getting the 10 year card and not the 2 year one. Any one have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!:)

Hi!

Just checking to see if anyone has any input on this question. Will not pester with this post again.....just wanted to check if some1 might not have noticed this one.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if anyone in this thread knows how to answer that. You might want to start your own thread. That way people will see it right away:)

Hi!

Just checking to see if anyone has any input on this question. Will not pester with this post again.....just wanted to check if some1 might not have noticed this one.

Thanks!

No need to remind anyone or take any steps beforehand. In fact, I wouldn't even mention it to the IO. If, for some reason, you get a conditional LPR card, that would obviously be incorrect, and you can take actions then.

You would llloooovvveeeee CANADA!!! I love the Country so much..and am home sick \ really have realized how amazing the Country is. But I love my husband and see my whole life with him-- so we make sacrifices.

Eh?

I'd love to visit! I was never really motivated to visit the US or Canada until I came over here to meet Alex :) (Is that a good thing to say in the interview?! :p) but now I'd really like to travel a bit, meet some people I've started getting to know who live in Canada because they all seem so friendly and just generally see some sights! Especially now I've been out of work for such a long time, I'm starting to get bored, want some adventure!!!

I'm really homesick too. I never really appreciated how important my friends and family are... I miss all the towns I used to just wander around and shop with friends in! Silly little things... Can't wait to visit at Christmas, if all goes to plan!!

:D Definitely.

Any photo albums anyone's taking to the interview - do you just fill them with pictures of you together? I've been looking through some of our photos and I was wondering if I should put in some pictures of the stuff we've DONE, or just the pictures of us DOING it? =/

Any photo albums anyone's taking to the interview - do you just fill them with pictures of you together? I've been looking through some of our photos and I was wondering if I should put in some pictures of the stuff we've DONE, or just the pictures of us DOING it? =/

Regardless of what you decide to take with, you can email me the highlighted part of your post. :D ;)

LOL well what do you mean by DOING IT? Joking. Just make the albums real. I have 3 albums of my hubby and I. 1 is us in Vegas with all of our friends, another is us together in Canada with my family, and the third is just random wedding pics (2 lame ones taken at the tax office lol) along with our trips to Orlando, Tampa etc. I would include pics of places, just so it looks like you guys actually go places together. I'm not wearing my ring in like any photos, because I don't take it to places we go.. i'm afraid of loosing it.

:eek: Interview tomorrow!!!!! I am pretty sure I have enough to prove our relationship. Along with 3 large albums, I have every joint account document of house, car banks ETC.... I am thinking I should leave some in the car.. I have like 2 large bags of stuff haha.. My husband says it too much, but I would rather have more than not enough lol.

My husband received his AP approval letter a few weeks ago.

If my husband got his online status updated to 'card production ordered' on his I-765 today, but his I-485 status is still the same online, does that mean both applications were approved, but only the I-485 hasn't been updated yet, or does that still mean we might get an interview?

We have been married four years so I don't really see an interview happening, since we are not newlyweds by any stretch. We just now applied for all this stuff in July of this year. But I am just wondering, because the only thing (i thought) holding back the 765 and the 485 was the fingerprints, and when those were done, the 765 got approved but not the 485; seems weird?

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: Interview tomorrow!!!!! I am pretty sure I have enough to prove our relationship. Along with 3 large albums, I have every joint account document of house, car banks ETC.... I am thinking I should leave some in the car.. I have like 2 large bags of stuff haha.. My husband says it too much, but I would rather have more than not enough lol.
Whatever you bring into the building, make sure it can be carried without a bag or briefcase, because some USCIS offices don't allow you to bring briefcases or bags bigger than a handbag into the building. Carry the most likely documents (birth and marriage certs, rent/mortgage, bank statements, life and/or health insurance, other joint financial stuff) and pictures and leave the rest in the car; if they need something else, you can say it's in the car and go and get the specific thing. And good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband received his AP approval letter a few weeks ago.

If my husband got his online status updated to 'card production ordered' on his I-765 today, but his I-485 status is still the same online, does that mean both applications were approved, but only the I-485 hasn't been updated yet, or does that still mean we might get an interview?
It only means the I-765 is approved, and the I-485 remains pending. It has no bearing on if and when your interview will happen. Although related, the I-765 and I-485 are processed as separate applications with their own timelines. Normally the I-765 is much faster than the I-485.

We have been married four years so I don't really see an interview happening, since we are not newlyweds by any stretch. We just now applied for all this stuff in July of this year. But I am just wondering, because the only thing (i thought) holding back the 765 and the 485 was the fingerprints, and when those were done, the 765 got approved but not the 485; seems weird?

My wife and I have been married for about 4 years and we have an interview. I don't think being called for an interview is based on number of years since marriage. My guess is that they call everyone for an interview just to make it easier for them to adjudicate cases.

LOL well what do you mean by DOING IT? Joking. Just make the albums real. I have 3 albums of my hubby and I. 1 is us in Vegas with all of our friends, another is us together in Canada with my family, and the third is just random wedding pics (2 lame ones taken at the tax office lol) along with our trips to Orlando, Tampa etc. I would include pics of places, just so it looks like you guys actually go places together. I'm not wearing my ring in like any photos, because I don't take it to places we go.. i'm afraid of loosing it.

LOL. We don't have that many pictures though! I'm putting in a lot of stuff, like pictures from his birthday - us together, the cake I made, dinner I cooked etc.. Pics of us out at the fair on Sunday...Pics of us at the zoo...pics of us together at home...wedding pics we took out on our lawn. We don't have any pictures of us WITH people though. I've got pictures from the family reunion I attended with hubby, but none of us together (I have a picture of him in the background as I took a picture of hummingbirds with my arm in the shot??!) and there IS a picture of us at his best friend's birthday/leaving party - we just haven't been able to get hold of it!!! AHHH!!

Good luck for your interview!!! I hope it all goes smoothly and it definitely sounds like you have enough proof!! ;) I agree it's better to have too much than not enough!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you!! :)

xx

Good Luck Spanishgirl on your interview, and please share your experience with us.

PS: Bring a voice recorder lol :)