July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

timeline

hi guys... i just want to give updates on my case, filed I130 last July 31, 2009, i checked uscis website, approval notice was sent September 14, 2009....im now just waiting for what i should do next..

thanks for all the help!

Well knowing me, I would say YES call them. It doesn't hurt?? But I'm sure others on here would just say be patient. Soo why not call them lol???
1-800-375-5283 #1 #2 #3 #1 and then you get a human!!!!

Who knows they might have valid info. For you?

called and told me it's just pending. :mad:

Hello Nightkd,
I also have the same interview date with you. My wife and me are trying our best to compile all the documents that we need for the interview. Good luck with everything. Please update when we've done.

Best,

Good luck!! We're off to the bank later to see if they can put me on the account now!!

Then I'm going to print off a load of our photos for our album, finish scrapbook and so on...

xx

We received some email updates yesterday telling us that the EAD has been ordered and the AP has been approved!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D Yay!

hi guys... i just want to give updates on my case, filed I130 last July 31, 2009, i checked uscis website, approval notice was sent September 14, 2009....im now just waiting for what i should do next..

thanks for all the help!

Hi Andrea, I am from the Philippines too..good luck in your case...your spouse will be here soon.

We received some email updates yesterday telling us that the EAD has been ordered and the AP has been approved!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D Yay!

Good job!!! It feels soo good to have those document in your hand lol!!!
Our journeys are all almost over :):)

5 days for meeeee = interview. Ill try to remember all the questions!

How to avoid the conditional clause if marriage more than 2 years

I have applied as a spouse of a USC and our marriage is more than 2 years old. So theoretically, I should be getting a GC without the 2 year conditional clause. I mentioned this in the cover letter of my application but dont know how to approach it further. When the interview time comes, if they are ready to approve the case, should I then remind them that since our marriage is more than 2 years I need to be getting the 10 year card and not the 2 year one. Any one have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!:)

well i just got an email from the uscis... Happens to be a nice b-day present :))

Receipt Number: MSC09*********

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 17, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

well i just got an email from the uscis... Happens to be a nice b-day present :))

Receipt Number: MSC09*********

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 17, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Good timing!! Right after you called lol.
And Happy Bday from all of us!!

Seems like they're feeling generous for birthdays!! We got our interview letter on DH's birthday!! :p

Good job!!! It feels soo good to have those document in your hand lol!!!
Our journeys are all almost over :):)

5 days for meeeee = interview. Ill try to remember all the questions!

I can't wait! Then I can get me an SS number and drivers license!! Woop!! :D

Good luck! Again! :p I can't believe the interview has come so quickly!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck (as my hubby so reassuringly put it yesterday....:rolleyes:) and that's the only thing I'm nervous about - being nervous! Dumb eh!?

Do they keep you in the same room for the initial interview or split you up and question you separately?

Seems like they're feeling generous for birthdays!! We got our interview letter on DH's birthday!! :p

I can't wait! Then I can get me an SS number and drivers license!! Woop!! :D

Good luck! Again! :p I can't believe the interview has come so quickly!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck (as my hubby so reassuringly put it yesterday....:rolleyes:) and that's the only thing I'm nervous about - being nervous! Dumb eh!?

Do they keep you in the same room for the initial interview or split you up and question you separately?

Nightkd... LOL where in Canada are you from eh?!? I caught you saying eh!! In Alberta we say it a lot.

And they don't split you up for the first interview. From what people have said, they ask you very simple question; where when and how did you get engaged etc etc. If you fail that interview, then you may have a 2nd which they can split you up.

Ps.. Don't be worried. I'm not at all because I know my hubby and I are legit.. And there is noo way they can deny us with all the photos and documents we have!! So what ever happens will obviously happen for a reason, but we need to all walk in with our heads high and be very confident :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Cant wait to apply for the social security, I need it, I feel old already :)

Make sure you visit each site for SSN and Drivers license, before you go. There are specific things you need to bring to each. You need to get your SSN before you drivers license. SSN takes 2 weeks to mail, then when you get your drivers license it takes 30 days in the mail. It may depend on the state, but in Florida, a Canadian can not obtain both a Canadian and American license (as of Nov. 1st 2009). So When I have to re-new my Florid license in 1 year, I need to hand over my Canadian one.

Just some facts for you!

Nightkd... LOL where in Canada are you from eh?!? I caught you saying eh!! In Alberta we say it a lot.

And they don't split you up for the first interview. From what people have said, they ask you very simple question; where when and how did you get engaged etc etc. If you fail that interview, then you may have a 2nd which they can split you up.

Ps.. Don't be worried. I'm not at all because I know my hubby and I are legit.. And there is noo way they can deny us with all the photos and documents we have!! So what ever happens will obviously happen for a reason, but we need to all walk in with our heads high and be very confident :):)

Ha! I've been saying that a lot for the past couple of days.. I was surprised no-one had picked me up on it until now, what with me being British and all!!! I have a couple of friends telling me "Move to Canada! It's so much simpler!!" :rolleyes: Perhaps I'd fit in better there?! :p

Okay... I told DH that I'd rather be split up! He said "I know." Then went on with the "You're going to be a nervous wreck" blah blah! I'm WEIRD like that...I'm anxious about mucking up and him being there to hear me muck up!! :eek:

Alex has been worrying that they'd ask "Where did you get engaged?" He's embarrassed because it was in the car in the car-park at Hobby Lobby!!! :D It was perfect for me though... ;)

I'm just worried about the setting, I used to get nervous about exams at school, LOVED the exam itself, but sitting in a completely silent room with hundreds of other people? :eek: I told you, I'm WEIRD!!! Haha!

I am a little nervous because of the lack of documents. The bank are still being a***s and we get the feeling the women is pleading ignorance in order for us to just go with the monthly fee account...So going to look into some other banks... I'm still putting together a photo album, but truth of the matter is, we don't take that many photos!! I was expecting us to have Thanksgiving, Christmas and so on to add to our photo album... It's just come on so quickly I'm like "WHOA!" I was expecting MONTHS to get all this stuff together, now I have less than a week! Ahhhh!!! But it could all be done after that... No more worrying! Done and DONE!! :D

Make sure you visit each site for SSN and Drivers license, before you go. There are specific things you need to bring to each. You need to get your SSN before you drivers license. SSN takes 2 weeks to mail, then when you get your drivers license it takes 30 days in the mail. It may depend on the state, but in Florida, a Canadian can not obtain both a Canadian and American license (as of Nov. 1st 2009). So When I have to re-new my Florid license in 1 year, I need to hand over my Canadian one.

Just some facts for you!

GA is different from florida you get your DL on the spot , Hey SpanishGirl you should receive your DL very soon even though they say 30 days but it takes less than that .I remember back when I used to live in Royal Palm Beach (Wellington ) FL it only only took two weeks for my room mate to get his DL

Ha! I've been saying that a lot for the past couple of days.. I was surprised no-one had picked me up on it until now, what with me being British and all!!! I have a couple of friends telling me "Move to Canada! It's so much simpler!!" :rolleyes: Perhaps I'd fit in better there?! :p

Okay... I told DH that I'd rather be split up! He said "I know." Then went on with the "You're going to be a nervous wreck" blah blah! I'm WEIRD like that...I'm anxious about mucking up and him being there to hear me muck up!! :eek:

Alex has been worrying that they'd ask "Where did you get engaged?" He's embarrassed because it was in the car in the car-park at Hobby Lobby!!! :D It was perfect for me though... ;)

I'm just worried about the setting, I used to get nervous about exams at school, LOVED the exam itself, but sitting in a completely silent room with hundreds of other people? :eek: I told you, I'm WEIRD!!! Haha!

I am a little nervous because of the lack of documents. The bank are still being a***s and we get the feeling the women is pleading ignorance in order for us to just go with the monthly fee account...So going to look into some other banks... I'm still putting together a photo album, but truth of the matter is, we don't take that many photos!! I was expecting us to have Thanksgiving, Christmas and so on to add to our photo album... It's just come on so quickly I'm like "WHOA!" I was expecting MONTHS to get all this stuff together, now I have less than a week! Ahhhh!!! But it could all be done after that... No more worrying! Done and DONE!! :D

You would llloooovvveeeee CANADA!!! I love the Country so much..and am home sick \ really have realized how amazing the Country is. But I love my husband and see my whole life with him-- so we make sacrifices.

Eh?