July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

Medical exam in nJ

Hello All

I will filling for my parents GC soon. They are here on Visitor visa. Can anyone let me know affordable doctor in NJ area for their medical ? They do't have insurance right now.

Thanks

Received SSN in the mail today. It didn't take long at all. Total time from ordering it to receiving it was 1 week! Yay!:D

Hello All

I will filling for my parents GC soon. They are here on Visitor visa. Can anyone let me know affordable doctor in NJ area for their medical ? They do't have insurance right now.

Thanks

My advice, if you want a fast answer, is to go on the USCIS website, see all the approved surgeons in your area, and start calling! I called about 27 clinics before I went for my medical.. I wanted to get the cheapest price. I have also heard that some people went to a private clinic for their shots but then went for their physical at an approved surgeon to get them to complete the form, you just need to supply them with your up-to-date shots etc.

Drivers license took 20 minutes and they mail you the card in 30 days. You need to forfeit your Canadian license after 1 year.. So choose between 1 or the other.
Take: passport, SSN card, and current drivers license.

Drivers license took 20 minutes and they mail you the card in 30 days. You need to forfeit your Canadian license after 1 year.. So choose between 1 or the other.
Take: passport, SSN card, and current drivers license.

The document requirements for driver's license vary from state to state. Some states require a proof of lawful/valid immigration status.

Yes it did.
After you get the GC, go back to the SS office with the GC and request a new card without the employment restriction. Doing that will accomplish 2 goals:
(1) It will let the SSA know you are a permanent resident, so that queries that cross-check the SS database, such as what may be done by DMVs or employers (if they use eVerify), will confirm that you are a permanent resident
(2) If you have a SS card without the employment restriction, you can use the SS card combined with a state ID or driver's license for employment purposes, without having to show your green card. Having that option could be useful if your GC ever gets lost or stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just got our interview letter through!!!! :D:D:D:D I had a weird feeling that we got it through today when I heard the postlady banging our letterbox! It's also my hubby's birthday!!

Excited and nervous now!!

24th of September is interview date!! 10 DAYS! :eek:

Hang in there it should go fast and smooth the ATL DO is not that busy you may end up just like spanish girl get your IL before your EAD.

Is it true that the Atlanta District office gets things done quickly. I have noticed iamthegreatest got his GC done in 3 months flat but have not been able to find anyone else from the Atlanta area to verify if they are truly that fast

Is it true that the Atlanta District office gets things done quickly. I have noticed iamthegreatest got his GC done in 3 months flat but have not been able to find anyone else from the Atlanta area to verify if they are truly that fast

Yes its true see my timeline our application from start to finish took only 2 months .When we went to the ATL DO there was only 10 couples there by the time we left after the interview there was only 2 couples left .By looking at your timeline you should receive your I-765 and I-485 fp letter pretty soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL :D I'm a she... Yes, ATL DO is really fast and I was lucky to have a very nice IO so everything went fine though I did get an RFE but still I got my GC approved in less than 3 months :D:D:D

We just got our interview letter through!!!! :D:D:D:D I had a weird feeling that we got it through today when I heard the postlady banging our letterbox! It's also my hubby's birthday!!

Excited and nervous now!!

24th of September is interview date!! 10 DAYS! :eek:

Mine is 2 days before yours!! Ill let you know how mine went.
By the way congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :D I'm a she... Yes, ATL DO is really fast and I was lucky to have a very nice IO so everything went fine though I did get an RFE but still I got my GC approved in less than 3 months :D:D:D

Sorry about that - making assumptions and all. Its really nice to see people like you and afrank still helping out on this forum even after the process is over :)

Sorry about that - making assumptions and all. Its really nice to see people like you and afrank still helping out on this forum even after the process is over :)

I agree, thanks for all the help!!!

Our July forum is by far the best... He he

it's time for me to join this thread now..

DO is San Jose,CA

mailed AOS package for my wife (canadian citizen, F-1 status) concurrently with 130 and 485: Aug.20,2009

recieved all the NOA's for all four applications within a week.

then got FP letter and went for walk in next morning on 9-4-2009

on 9-14-2009 got another letter saying first FP were unreadable. so need another one.(bad news)..you have any suggestion..? how to get successful FP.
and good luck to spanishgirl and others for your interview.