July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

I was told to not have any lotion on my hands, and to make sure yours hands are clean, wash them! Make sure to ask the person when they do them to pay special attention since its your second time. My guys did the photos 2 times for some in case he didn't like the result.

Thanks for the good luck!

Got it sorry I overlooked , did you finally receive your EAD ?

afrank: I think you have the fastest GC time line I have seen. I need to apply for my wife soon(after I become a citizen) and would love to see time line like yours for her GC processing.

My wife received the EAD and interview letters.

sv_raj:

I am in the same position as you. Have my naturalization interview this week in San Jose and hopefully Oath will also be soon.
I have to apply for my wife's GC after I become a citizen. I haven't even filed I-130 yet. She is on H1B.
If you don't mind sharing, can you give me the list of forms, place where you got the medical exam and any obstacles that you had during the application processing.

Thanks in advance..

afrank: I think you have the fastest GC time line I have seen. I need to apply for my wife soon(after I become a citizen) and would love to see time line like yours for her GC processing.

If you have all the paper work needed it should not take long , the key for a fast processing is to make sure that you do not get a RFE therefore make sure that you do everything right from the get go.Please let me know how it goes when you file for your wife and good luck.I can tell you where we went for the medical but are you here in Atlanta ? as far as the forms needed you will need ( I-130,I-485,I-864 make sure that you include your tax papers to make sure that you can support her,I-131 if she's planning to travel while waiting for them to process her file,G-325A you guys each needs to fill them out( 4 pages for your self and 4 pages for her) if its done on your computer once the first page is filled it will automatically fill in the other ones,send the pictures needed).Your application needs to be mailed to the Chicago lock box the address it will be on the forms that you will download from the USCIS website.Please let me know if I have answered your question if not please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
new version of G-325A

To follow up on what afrank said, there's actually a newer version of the G-325A that came out in late July/early August, immi_geek. It is the same as the old version except it's only one page long. Whoever made the form used a font that takes up too much space and now the dates won't fit in the allotted space. Very annoying. I tried to change the font in Adobe Professional but the file is protected and doesn't allow changes. Also tried printing the form, scanning it back in as a PDF and inserting text boxes to make the dates fit but that resulted in a poor quality image of the document. Someone else may have a brilliant solution to this problem but in the end I just hand wrote whatever wouldn't fit into the date boxes, etc. Just another example of why everyone needs to check the USCIS website for the latest versions of each form, fees, addresses, etc.

My advice is to take your time and go over the forms as many times as you can stand without driving yourself and your wife crazy! :p

You can locate your nearest civil surgeon that can fill out the I-693 here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

I made the mistake of having my immunizations done at the civil surgeon's office, who charged me $346 for the shots and the forms, despite being a provider in my health insurance plan (should have just been a $25 co-pay). If you have private health insurance, take your wife to a doctor who's covered and have them do her immunizations, then take that record to the civil surgeon - assuming she needs any of the required shots. If I'd done it that way the civil surgeon would have only charged $175 for filling out the forms and doing the TB test.

We just got our interview letter through!!!! :D:D:D:D I had a weird feeling that we got it through today when I heard the postlady banging our letterbox! It's also my hubby's birthday!!

Excited and nervous now!!

24th of September is interview date!! 10 DAYS! :eek:

Hello Nightkd,
I also have the same interview date with you. My wife and me are trying our best to compile all the documents that we need for the interview. Good luck with everything. Please update when we've done.

Best,

If you have all the paper work needed it should not take long , the key for a fast processing is to make sure that you do not get a RFE therefore make sure that you do everything right from the get go.Please let me know how it goes when you file for your wife and good luck.I can tell you where we went for the medical but are you here in Atlanta ? as far as the forms needed you will need ( I-130,I-485,I-864 make sure that you include your tax papers to make sure that you can support her,I-131 if she's planning to travel while waiting for them to process her file,G-325A you guys each needs to fill them out( 4 pages for your self and 4 pages for her) if its done on your computer once the first page is filled it will automatically fill in the other ones,send the pictures needed).Your application needs to be mailed to the Chicago lock box the address it will be on the forms that you will download from the USCIS website.Please let me know if I have answered your question if not please let me know

afrank
thanks for the information. I am based in San Jose. I will start working on my wife's medical and applications after my naturalization interview this Friday.
Will post more questions when I am blocked..

sag408
Thanks for the clarification on the 325 application. Will make sure I use the updated application forms.

That happened to me when uscis send me my I-765 form back because i didnt check the expiration date of the form. Same form just different day.

Good luck :)

I have 2 copies of advance parole, and my interview is on Sept. 22nd. I just booked a flight to and from Canada for the first week in October. Will I get a stamp on my passport and travel with that, or will I use my advance parole?

And what happens if they don't give me a stamp or decision right away, and they say they will send me a notice within 30 days?!? Either way I am able to go to Canada in October right??

sv_raj:

I am in the same position as you. Have my naturalization interview this week in San Jose and hopefully Oath will also be soon.
I have to apply for my wife's GC after I become a citizen. I haven't even filed I-130 yet. She is on H1B.
If you don't mind sharing, can you give me the list of forms, place where you got the medical exam and any obstacles that you had during the application processing.

Thanks in advance..

Filing I-130 as permanent resident doesn't seem to help much, so you are ok as long as you have everything ready to file as soon as you become a citizen. For medical exam we went to Dr Dhanu Kapoor in Santa Clara. As for forms I used the standard list of forms from INS and this website.

Have you gotten notice of your interview date yet? I didn't see it on your timeline..

I didnt get jack fruit yet. Do you think i should call and curse em out where my ead is? :D If I do, would they be able to tell what's going with my I-765?

Thanks spanishgirl

Well knowing me, I would say YES call them. It doesn't hurt?? But I'm sure others on here would just say be patient. Soo why not call them lol???
1-800-375-5283 #1 #2 #3 #1 and then you get a human!!!!

Who knows they might have valid info. For you?