July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

I-130 for spouse

I have filed I-130 for my wife (who is in India) based on my LPR. After I became a US Citizen (today:):):)) I upgraded my wife's file to Citizen's spouse.

I-130 filed: Apr 04 2008 (Case is in California Service Center)
Received Date: Apr 07 2008
Notice Date: Apr 14 2008

Oath: Oct 15 2009
I-130 Upgrade: Oct 15 2009

Does anyone know, how long is it taking I-130 to be processed and interview in India?

I was also considering K-3 visa, but it seems there is not much of advantage in terms of time it takes to process from USCIS website's timeline:rolleyes:

Does anyone here have any experience with K-3 visa?

Thanks,
AG

My interview went smooth though there was an accident in federal building on that day. There was chemical odor in elevator which caused 7 people in the building going to hospital. This delayed my appointment 1 hour late. But it was fine because everyone evacuated from the building. Here is news Accident
My interview started with biography questions then questions on application. Then i was asked for relationship evidence. I gave a folder i prepared before. The interviewer asked me if she can keep the folder and some photos from my wedding albums. I agreed. Then she welcome and congratulated me to be PR. She gave me an approval paper and walked us to exit. My wife was mad about taking our wedding photos because she doesnt know which pictures took away so we can reprint and put back to the album. But whatever matter, the interview is most important.
Today i received 2 approval letters I130 and I485

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview went smooth though there was an accident in federal building on that day. There was chemical odor in elevator which caused 7 people in the building going to hospital. This delayed my appointment 1 hour late. But it was fine because everyone evacuated from the building. Here is news Accident
My interview started with biography questions then questions on application. Then i was asked for relationship evidence. I gave a folder i prepared before. The interviewer asked me if she can keep the folder and some photos from my wedding albums. I agreed. Then she welcome and congratulated me to be PR. She gave me an approval paper and walked us to exit. My wife was mad about taking our wedding photos because she doesnt know which pictures took away so we can reprint and put back to the album. But whatever matter, the interview is most important.
Today i received 2 approval letters I130 and I485

Congrats!! - The photos are never that important :p

I have filed I-130 for my wife (who is in India) based on my LPR. After I became a US Citizen (today:):):)) I upgraded my wife's file to Citizen's spouse.

I-130 filed: Apr 04 2008 (Case is in California Service Center)
Received Date: Apr 07 2008
Notice Date: Apr 14 2008

Oath: Oct 15 2009
I-130 Upgrade: Oct 15 2009

Does anyone know, how long is it taking I-130 to be processed and interview in India?

I was also considering K-3 visa, but it seems there is not much of advantage in terms of time it takes to process from USCIS website's timeline:rolleyes:

Does anyone here have any experience with K-3 visa?

Thanks,
AG

AnkurG you should make your own thread, or post it in the Consular processing threads. This one is for adjustment of status for people who filed in July 2009.

Good Luck!.

I have just received 10 years GC today exactly 3 days after "approval notice" update sent by email.
Now i gonna wait for 2 years 9 month to apply USC.

We have our interview scheduled tomorrow (Oct. 20), and honestly I have to admit I'm nervous....
We have prepared and organized all the required documents , but I feel we don't have as many evidences for the proof of our relationship as other people have here.
So far we got:
1. Bank letter for joint account
2. Joint credit card
3. Apartment lease
4. utility bill
5. Photos (wedding ceremony, hanged out with friends...) ** Since all the photos we have are digital, we only picked up 20 pics for printout.

Okay, I guess now the only thing we can do is to calm down and wish for ourselves a smooth interview.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131
NY
July 3, 2009: Package Sent
July 5, 2009: Delivered in Chicago Lockbox
July 10, 2009: Received (NOA) for I-130/I-485/I-765
According to NOAs Received Date: July 5, 2009, Notice Date: July 8, 2009.
July 16, 2009: Received ASC Biometrics appointment( scheduled on 8/8/2009)
July 20, 2009: Received RFE (I-485)
July 22, 2009: sent out RFE with documents
July 24, 2009: Fingerprints/biometrics done (Walk in at Woodside ASC)
July 28, 2009: received CRIS email (RFE response received; case resumed)
July 30, 2009: Infopass appointment regards to emergency travel
July 31, 2009: called Customer Service for expedite request (I-131)
Aug 4, 2009: Expedite request approved (I-131 approved)
Aug 5, 2009: CRIS emails (I-131, I-765 approved; card production ordered)
Aug 8, 2009: AP received in mail
Aug 12,2009: EAD received
Sept 29,2009: Interview letter (scheduled on 10/20)

We have our interview scheduled tomorrow (Oct. 20), and honestly I have to admit I'm nervous....
We have prepared and organized all the required documents , but I feel we don't have as many evidences for the proof of our relationship as other people have here.
So far we got:
2. Joint credit card
3. Apartment lease
4. utility bill
5. Photos (wedding ceremony, hanged out with friends...) ** Since all the photos we have are digital, we only picked up 20 pics for printout.

Okay, I guess now the only thing we can do is to calm down and wish for ourselves a smooth interview.

You totally have enough!! You will be fine!! And good luck!!

Left for Canada 8 days ago and came back to the USA today. Food for thought, it was new to me-- I no longer give my Canadian address and always need to show my green card at customs. Maybe everyone knows this. If YOU FORGET your green card, you are charged $550 at customs... So beware lol.
And once again, from the bottom of my heart, congrats to everyone on this thread!!
-Rachel

I just received a second email saying:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On October 16, 2009, we ordered production of your new card...

I Hope to receive it soon!! :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
So far we got:
2. Joint credit card
3. Apartment lease
4. utility bill

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131
NY
Sept 29,2009: Interview letter (scheduled on 10/20)

Good luck on your interview this morning. Let us know the results!!

Thanks everyone here!
I've done my interview yesterday and no decision made :(
However, I got an email from USCIS this noon about my I485 Application and it said:
Current Status: Card production ordered.
Does that mean they approve my case?
I'm a bit worried, as the online statue of our I-130 showed in the stage of initial review.

I'll post more details about my interview later today :)

it means, you should be getting your green card in mail very soon. I would celebrate if I were you. How did the interview go?

it means, you should be getting your green card in mail very soon. I would celebrate if I were you. How did the interview go?

Jacob, what you said does make me feel better, thanks and wish you good luck for your interview on 11/17!
I guess I could be totally relieved only when I receive the welcome letter and green card:)

my hubby and I both felt it was actually a smooth interview.* We arrived at Garden City field office on time at 1pm, and waited for about one and half hour to have our name called (by then it was about 2:40pm).* There were many couples waiting for interview that day. Our interview lasted about 20 minutes, and we went out the building around 3ish pm.
The officer looked a bit tough in the beginning, but after having more conversations with her, we found actually she is nice and friendly. She did not ask tricky questions, but focused on lots details about how we met each other, when and where we proposed, what did we eat at our proposed dinner? What's my hubby's b-day? Asked my hubby what's my major in school, what's the last time I entered US? Do our parents approve our marriage? When was the last time I see my hubby's mom? Asked me about my hubby's job, his highest level of education. Like other people said, it's more like she wants to hear your story instead of just answering questions, and the story should make sense, as I noticed she often asked why to try to get more details and see the reaction between me and my hubby. For example, my hubby mentioned about how I actually do not want to have a baby. She asked me why? I said, having baby is a very big responsibility. She commented, 'then, marriage isn't?' I spent couple minutes explaining the differences, and she seemed finally feel satisfied. There are couple questions we really could not answer, as we don't remember, like what dishes I ordered at the dinner we proposed. My hubby only remembered what he ate, and what I drank, so he just told her honestly he didn't remember, but he also noted he actually remembered what I drank, as it's a special kind of non-alchol drink. Little things like that, but she seemed pretty okay with some names we couldn't recall.
After asking the questions about our marriage, she only asked if there's any documents we want to submit. I asked her if she meant the documents about our marriage, and she said yes. We gave her credit card billing, lease, utility billing, join account letter, and then showed her the photos we had. I felt she was satisfied with the photos we gave her, and she took half of them (we gave 20 pics). Then I asked her if she want to see the cards we wrote to each other, she said she didn't need to. At that moment, I felt she's going to approve our case. but then she started asking me the Yes/No questions. As I had a minor incident many years ago, I told her I was not sure if I should say yes or no, but I could show her court record. She said, let me see, and she took the court paper, filed it with my application, and wants me to explain what happened. Then she kept finishing all the questions. She told me due to the court record, she was unable to approve our case today, and she had to ask her supervisor for approval. I'm kinds worried and asked her if it's going to affect my application, she said she didn't think so, but just need supervisor to approve the case, and will let us know asap. So, we thanks her and left her office.
The next day (today) I kept checking my case status online, just checking but did not expect I would get anything so soon, Around 2pm, I got an email from USCIS saying "Current Status: Card production ordered." I was surprised but happy, even though I'm still a bit worried and have to keep my fingers crossed until I receive the card.
Wish everyone here a good luck!! ;):)

-130/I-485/I-765/I-131
Garden City/NY

Sept 29,2009: Interview letter
Oct 20, 2009: Interview day (no decision made)
Oct 21, 2009: USCIS email: Card production ordered.