July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

Thanks everyone here!
I've done my interview yesterday and no decision made :(
However, I got an email from USCIS this noon about my I485 Application and it said:
Current Status: Card production ordered.
Does that mean they approve my case?
I'm a bit worried, as the online statue of our I-130 showed in the stage of initial review.

I'll post more details about my interview later today :)

I had a similar experience of Supervisor having to approve the petition. I didn't know the decision on the interview day, but saw the online status change after about a week. I think it might be standard practice in some location.

Green Card Received!!!

Congrats LuckyGal2! You should receive your card next week. I just received mine!! :D

One week and 2 days later it was in the mail!! :D:D:D:D

So this is the moment I've been waiting for so long... I will see you all here in a couple of years removing the condition!

I'll be around to help if you guys have questions I can solve :)

117 Days - it ended! :p

congrats luckygal2! You should receive your card next week. I just received mine!! :d

one week and 2 days later it was in the mail!! :d:d:d:d

so this is the moment i've been waiting for so long... I will see you all here in a couple of years removing the condition!

I'll be around to help if you guys have questions i can solve :)

117 days - it ended! :p

congratulations!

HI FORUM: Here is the record of my timeline.

8/14/2008: Date of marriage
7/22//2009: Sent package to Chicago Lockbox
7/24/2009: Received at Lockbox
8/4/2009: USCIS Mailed out payment receipts for ( i485,i765,g325,i693,i864,i130..)
8/8/2009: Received payment receipts
8/13/2009: Received Biometrics appointment
9/3/2009: Date of Biometrics appointment
9/3/2009: Biometrics done (St louis loc 20 mins)
9/10/2009: Card Production Ordered as per CRIS.
9/14/2009: Card Production Ordered again as per CRIS.
9/16/2009: Card Mailed as per CRIS.
9/17/2009: Scheduled appointment date for Oct 21st 2009
9/18/2009:Rec'd EAD Card in the mail
10/21/2009: Date of appointment.
10/21/2009: Appointment was approved for 2 year conditional greencard and was approved and went great.
10/21/2009: Green Card production ordered as per USCIS via email.
10/22/2009: Welcome letter mailed from USCIS.
10/24/2009: Greed Card Production Ordered again as per USCIS.
10/26/2009: Welcome letter received ( Welcome to the United States) .
10/28/2009: Green Card mailed as per USCIS.

AND THE PRAYING CONTINUES.

AND THE WAITING GAME CONTINUES LOL!

Left for Canada 8 days ago and came back to the USA today. Food for thought, it was new to me-- I no longer give my Canadian address and always need to show my green card at customs. Maybe everyone knows this. If YOU FORGET your green card, you are charged $550 at customs... So beware lol.
Or possibly worse ... if you forget your green card you could be refused entry, or detained for hours or days until they are satisfied that they've verified your permanent resident status by other means.

Or possibly worse ... if you forget your green card you could be refused entry, or detained for hours or days until they are satisfied that they've verified your permanent resident status by other means.

Yes, luckily I had my green card at the time, and always will!

HI FORUM: Here is the record of my timeline.

8/14/2008: Date of marriage
7/22//2009: Sent package to Chicago Lockbox
7/24/2009: Received at Lockbox
8/4/2009: USCIS Mailed out payment receipts for ( i485,i765,g325,i693,i864,i130..)
8/8/2009: Received payment receipts
8/13/2009: Received Biometrics appointment
9/3/2009: Date of Biometrics appointment
9/3/2009: Biometrics done (St louis loc 20 mins)
9/10/2009: Card Production Ordered as per CRIS.
9/14/2009: Card Production Ordered again as per CRIS.
9/16/2009: Card Mailed as per CRIS.
9/17/2009: Scheduled appointment date for Oct 21st 2009
9/18/2009:Rec'd EAD Card in the mail
10/21/2009: Date of appointment.
10/21/2009: Appointment was approved for 2 year conditional greencard and was approved and went great.
10/21/2009: Green Card production ordered as per USCIS via email.
10/22/2009: Welcome letter mailed from USCIS.
10/24/2009: Greed Card Production Ordered again as per USCIS.
10/26/2009: Welcome letter received ( Welcome to the United States) .
10/28/2009: Green Card mailed as per USCIS.
11/02/2009: Green Card arrived in the mailed.. Thank God.

AND THE PRAYING WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT AMEN!

AND THE WAITING GAME CONTINUES LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi July thread, wake up, had to scroll 5 pages to find this thread lol. My Interview is tomorrow, wish me luck!
I am bringing the following with us...

- Wife and the Interview letter etc...
- house lease on both names
- car insurance
- cellphone bill
- bank joint account
- credit card (both names)
- proof of employment
- some of the house utility bills
- picture album and a full copy of the paperwork i have sent to ins.

Does it sound like enough?
Thanks

Jacob_24:

Sounds like you have a complete set of documents to prove that your marriage is genuine. If you have health/dental/accident insurance policies that show both names, you might want to take it with you to an interview.

Stay calm during interview and do not volunteer any information beyond what would be requested by an immigration officer. Good luck! :)

Jacob_24:

Sounds like you have a complete set of documents to prove that your marriage is genuine. If you have health/dental/accident insurance policies that show both names, you might want to take it with you to an interview.

Stay calm during interview and do not volunteer any information beyond what would be requested by an immigration officer. Good luck! :)

Thanks AkaMuzik, we went and did our interview today. It was much better than i expected. Walked into the building around 9am and waited for an hour till IO called us in at 10am. He swore us in, told us to sit down and first went with my wife yes/no questions and some other like date of marriage...etc and then switched to me with the same thing. IO seemed very strict and serious at first, but then seemed very comfortable to talk to, even joked around a bit with us. He asked us if we have any supporting documents for him, so i handed him all the copies of stuff i had ready and asked if he wanted to our scrap book my wife made, but he said he doesn't feel he needs to look at it and asked if we want to , we can take out few pictures from there and submit it along with the rest of the documents. He then went and made copies of our passports and stuff, and told us, I should be receiving an email update shortly about our case. We were in and out of the office in 10 minutes.

Now Im just waiting for an email update from uscis hoping for the good news. Thanks for all of your help from this forum it has definitely helped me and the wife. I will let you guys knows once we know more.

Jacob

Original Docs to NVC or the Interview????????

Hey,

I am sponsoring immidiate relatives for a green card. The case is with NVC now, not at the embassy in their city yet. My attorney asked for some original documents to be sent to him. I am confused because I thought my relatives would have to provide originals at the interview. Plus, I do not want to send originals to NVC, in case they get lost...

Any guidance on this would so greatly appreciated. I could not find anything online to clarify it...

Hi July 2009 filers... does anyone know the time line for when we need to start our 2nd exciting journey? I have been thinking about it the past couple weeks, and thought I would start here. When do we have to file again, etc.

Thanks everyone!!

Hi July 2009 filers... does anyone know the time line for when we need to start our 2nd exciting journey? I have been thinking about it the past couple weeks, and thought I would start here. When do we have to file again, etc.

You mean the I-751 to get a 10-year unconditional green card? You have to file that sometime in the 90-day window before your 2-year card expires.

Hi Everyone... it's been... well.. 7 months since anyone posted on this thread.

Shall we all use this thread to post the 2nd part of our Journey? My two year card expires this September 2011.
Jackolantern said we need to file again within 90 days of our expiry date- which means June 2011 for me (4 more months).

Has anyone else here started filing for their I-751 to get a 10-year unconditional green card?

Thanks everyone!! Talk to you soon!!