JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

Guys I started a new thread for July/August Filers with no receipts yet along with a tracker attachment. So we all can see our timelines in one view please let me know when you get your first receipt in the mail and I will post them. Thank you here is the link to the thread http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=260712

No offense to person who started this thread, like I said just wanted to keep track in one spread sheet.

nicelly put together....lol.

Whom should you write the check?

We researched thro all the USCIS petitions in detail before hiring an attorney. He sent me all the forms to fill ie. I-130/131/485/765/864/693/325 etc and advised us to write a single check on USCIS. We filled the forms and sent them all with a blank check suggesting the lawyer to write the correct name of the beneficiary, since on the USCIS instruction sheets, it is mentioned as "Dept of Homeland security". Subsequently the lawyers office corrected my petitions and sent back the papers to me thro E mail in pdf file. We signed the papers and sent the hard copies to him.

The lawyers office sent the petitions on 7/23 before the fees hike. When the checks were cashed, I got a copy from my bank and noticed the lawyers office had made the checks on "USCIS" and the USCIS Chicago lockbox office had overwritten the check with a stamp to pay to

"US Dept of Homeland security
Citizenship and Immigration services"

Hence it is not a big deal what you write on the check, USCIS will encash the check anyway. Bottom line is read the instruction sheet carefully and act accordingly, if you are not taking the services of an attorney.

Good Luck.

July Filers

new to the thread, but i can say it has been very informative. anyway,filed for adjustment of status through marriage to usc. below is my timeline

sent package 1-485,1-130,1-765,1-864, 1-693 on 7/11/07
received receipt notices 485, 130, 765 on 7/26/07
biometrics=7/28/07
fp=08/21/07
still trying to get used to the terminologies used here. will keep reading experiences and keep posting.

Hey!! Welcome to the forum!!!

So far this is what I have for July people. If anybody wants toupdate their info, please write. I wish I knew how to post it differently, but if anyone knows, let me know and I will do so.

Good luck everyone!

BTW, there is one on the first page - I update that one more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also stated a end of July/August tracker of my own, this is for NEW or Old filers with no receipt date yet. If you are viewing this thread and like me to add you to the spread sheet, please click the link under my signature. I will update your information daily, as long as their's something to update. I will keep track of things from the beginning of our application process to end, when we all receive our welcome letter's.

I have also stated a end of July/August tracker of my own, this is for members with no receipt date yet. If you are viewing this thread and like me to add you to spread sheet please click the link under my signature. Thanks

I also decided to be the only one to have access to the spread sheet so things won't be all over the place. If you see an error please feel free to send a private message, this way we won't unnecessary messages posted on the threads.

Just curious... What's gonna happen to the people on your thread that will get receipts (which they will eventually)? You will delete them from your tracker? Like you said - it's for the members with no receipt date...

No, have you looked at the attachment? That's why I stated end of July/August filers. We have no receipts and not sure when we are getting them. Early July filers have received receipts and even FP appointments.

So to answer your question, No I will not delete the infor.

Ninyte, I'm not trying to take away from what you are doing but the end of July and August filers are in the same boat. We might have to wait at least 3to 4 weeks for some kind of response from immigration.

Hey!! Welcome to the forum!!!

So far this is what I have for July people. If anybody wants toupdate their info, please write. I wish I knew how to post it differently, but if anyone knows, let me know and I will do so.

Good luck everyone!

Hey Ninyte,.. U GUYS ROCK..... well thanks for the table its nicelly put together, , also thanks to TRINI,GIRL she'a also got one going on... I think july filers are going to be the luckiest and most favourable folks with USCIS.. KEEP THE GOOD WORK GOING GUYS.....

Ninyte, I'm not trying to take away from what you are doing but the end of July and August filers are in the same boat. We might have to wait at least 3to 4 weeks for some kind of response from immigration.

I hope you don't have to wait for 3 to 4 weeks. And you are not taking away anything. :)
Like you said - we are all in the same boat (with or without a receipt, still in USCIS hands), so good luck to all.

Yes I must say so myself, I do look forward to seeing the early July filers receive their stuff. Make us late fillers have something to look forward to. Ninyte you rock.ll:D

08/13/2007 - Fingerprint Done.

So, just came back from fingerprinting. Took total 10 minutes + about 45 minutes of wait. It is pretty straightforward, I filled up a one page form (AIW) and went to the reception desk where they asked me for the form, notice for fingerprinting that I had received and some identification. I had my driver's license. The only other thing they asked was some proof to confirm my social security number that I had mentioned on the form. I had my card with me so that worked. They gave me a token, and when my number was caleld I went in, and they took my finger prints. Thats it. So, my only note would be to take some Social security proof if you have a social security number.