JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

hi,guys. Sent I-485, I-130,I-765,I-864,I-693 and G-325a on Friday,27. RD-Monday, 30 of July. Will keep posting.

Hey everyone,

could you please post your DO? I will try to make a tracker, see how the timeline differs based on DO.

I am worried

I hired a lawyer for my marriage based application she mailed the I485,I130,I765,I864, I693,G325....basically everything on July 26th fedex over night..The problem is she mailed everything to USCIS 75 lower walden st St albans VT 05470. Every one of you have been mailing yours to the chicago lockbox..Why did my lawyer mail it to a different place than you guys..I live in NYC. please reply

All applications for Adjustment of Status filed concurrently with a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative should be mailed to the Chicago Lockbox if by USPS or to the attn of FBASI, at the 427 S. LaSalle address if by private courier.

Maybe your attorney got the hook up in Vermont. In any case, it will be redirected to the Chicago address.

7/16/2007: Mailed Renewal I-765 by USPS to chicago lockbox
7/19/2007: Received Date as per USPS certified mail check
?? : Check not cashed yet
??: No Notice

Please update the tracker with my info from the signature. Mine was sent to Lincoln, NSC on July 20th 2007, ofcourse no receipt number yet.

Lets hope for the best.

Hi guys i field for my wife

Mailed I-130,I-485,G-325a,I-765,I-864 and I-864a to chicago lock box on

07/26/07

recived on 7/27/07 by J.chabiya

check still not cashed

good luck everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
how long does it usually take to bring a spouse to the united states? I did get married in europe. I've heard anywhere from 3-6 months. Please advise if you have any info thanks.

hi everyone

i had my biometrics done today for my i485 and i765.
it was very straight forward and easy. my appointment was for 11am and i got there late ( thanks to my wonderful hubby!) at about 11:15am. i was given a form to fill after which i was called and had my picture taken and my 10 fingers scaned. by 11:30 i was done. it was that simple.
good luck to everyone.
my DO is chicago.

oh i forgot to add that for those of you ladies who have not done you change of name like me, remenber to take your marriage certificate along as a form of id for your married name.

Hey Guys,

The information on the forum has been really helpful. I have my citizenship oath on Aug 22nd and plan to file my wife's AOS as soon as possible after I get my naturalization certificate.

I had a quick question on the I485 application.

For "Part 2 - Application Type", what option would I select. I think it would be option a but would like to confirm the same with anyone who has already filed his/her application.

Thank you in advance for you answers.

-------
Application for wife AOS
Planning on filing in August

Thanks Ninyte.

I would appreciate if someone could also answer the following questions for me.

I-485 QUESTIONS
1. For "Part I - Information About you"
a. For the question "expires on", does it refer to the visa or I-94? My wife is on a student visa and her I-94 says "D/S". What do I enter here?

2. For "Part 3 – Processing Information"
a. What is the visa number? Is this the number that is printed in RED on the visa or the control number? I have seen conflicting information on different forums.

I765 QUESTIONS
1.Question 16 – Eligibility? Could someone please confirm that its should be (c)(9) for a family based green card

Last but not the least, I have read that its recommended to send cover letters with each form. Is there a fixed format? I would appreciate if someone could send me a sample cover letter.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Answers in bold

Thanks Ninyte.

I would appreciate if someone could also answer the following questions for me.

I-485 QUESTIONS
1. For "Part I - Information About you"
a. For the question "expires on", does it refer to the visa or I-94? My wife is on a student visa and her I-94 says "D/S". What do I enter here? Enter "D/S" which means duration of status

2. For "Part 3 – Processing Information"
a. What is the visa number? Is this the number that is printed in RED on the visa or the control number? I have seen conflicting information on different forums. It is the red 9 digit number

I765 QUESTIONS
1.Question 16 – Eligibility? Could someone please confirm that its should be (c)(9) for a family based green card That is correct.

Last but not the least, I have read that its recommended to send cover letters with each form. Is there a fixed format? I would appreciate if someone could send me a sample cover letter. Check the stickies on this forum or the guides at www.visajourney.com

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Whom should you write the check?

We researched thro all the USCIS petitions in detail before hiring an attorney. He sent me all the forms to fill ie. I-130/131/485/765/864/693/325 etc and advised us to write a single check on USCIS. We filled the forms and sent them all with a blank check suggesting the lawyer to write the correct name of the beneficiary, since on the USCIS instruction sheets, it is mentioned as "Dept of Homeland security". Subsequently the lawyers office corrected my petitions and sent back the papers to me thro E mail in pdf file. We signed the papers and sent the hard copies to him.

The lawyers office sent the petitions on 7/23 before the fees hike. When the checks were cashed, I got a copy from my bank and noticed the lawyers office had made the checks on "USCIS" and the USCIS Chicago lockbox office had overwritten the check with a stamp to pay to

"US Dept of Homeland security
Citizenship and Immigration services"

Hence it is not a big deal what you write on the check, USCIS will encash the check anyway. Bottom line is read the instruction sheet carefully and act accordingly, if you are not taking the services of an attorney.

Good Luck

DO: Anchorage, AK

7/23 .. I-130/131/765/485/693/864 all sent by Fedex on 7/23 to chicago lock box
7/25 .. RD
8/10 .. Checks Encashed

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed GC for my dad on 07/23.. Here's my timeline

Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
07/21/07 USPS package to Chicago lockbox.

Waiting to hear from them

Thanks

I send out my application on july 21st and it was received at chicago on the 23rd july. But so far the cheques havent been cashed. Anybody know what the usual time for cashing the cheques?