JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

You need to send the check for Biometrics along with the packets and the other fees.

As far as part 7. All you need to answer is question # 1. Multiple or one trip?

RE: Single/multiple trip

Thanks for your quick response. I requested a single trip with a letter stating why I am requesting for AP.

Did you file yourselve or had attorney do it for you??

I see you are a very lukcy person, getting things done very fast....great and good luck on ur interview.

Most of the people in this forum filed on their own (no attorney).

I would only recommend to get an attorney if you have a complicated case. Simple AOS through Marriage with an USC, no overstay, like mine. No need to hire a $2000 mail man, like you call it.

WHOM DO I WRITE THE FINGER PRINTING CHECK FOR...DEPT OF HOMELAND OR USCIS...PLEASE LET ME KNOW GUYS!!!!!!!!

You need to send the check for Biometrics along with the packets and the other fees.

As far as part 7. All you need to answer is question # 1. Multiple or one trip?

Errr... what happened? why are you yelling? :rolleyes:

Write the check for $70 to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security

All checks, for that matter should be to the U.S. DHS not U.S. CIS :p

or you can write it to PraetorianXI and I will give you my address ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Help required for Surname issue

hi,

My husband is applying I485 for both of us as the opening has become current for July 2007. My birth certificate has my name mentioned with my "initial". This initial is just a short form of my surname. In my passport, the same initial is mentioned fully as surname. My actual name (i.e) my 'given name' is same in both my passport and birth certificate.

Example: My name in
Birth certificate: Prichel .V

In Passport, it is like
Given name:prichel
Surname/ Lastname: Venkat

My question is, will this difference in how my 'surname' being specified in passport and birth certificate lead to a name check and delay the process??
Should I have to get a new birth certificate with my name changed to be similar to my passport?

Kindly help me here.
Thanks.

I do not think it would be a problem, since the first name, surname initial and DOB match in both documents. Just be sure to include a letter explaining why is this?

Also, do use your full surname, when filing out the forms.

USCIS or DHS?????????

I humbly apologize for making you feel that. I just wanted my request to stand out...didn't mean to yell at anyone at all.
Thanks for the letting me know that the check for FP goes to DHS. But raises another confusion, my fired beloved attorney asked me to write all the other checks (I-485, I-131 and I-765) to USCIS. Now I am totally lost. Does it matter which part of country you live in and/or where the I-140 was filed earlier???? I live in CA and my I-140 was filed from here.
I know I am taking too much of your time, I apologize. I also needed to know if I can send all the entire package to one location, to me, I believe should go to USCIS...please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for your terrific timing to respond!!

Errr... what happened? why are you yelling? :rolleyes:

Write the check for $70 to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security

All checks, for that matter should be to the U.S. DHS not U.S. CIS :p

or you can write it to PraetorianXI and I will give you my address ;)

Ok, stop worrying so much.

First, all checks must be written to be payable to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

If you already wrote them (you have not mailed them right?) then VOID them and write new ones.

Second, USCIS is part of the Dept of Homeland Security.

Third, All forms and checks must be mailed to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox address found in your forms.

got married on valentines day, 02/14/2006

sent i485 to chicago lock box, 07/11/2007
received and confirmed- 07/13/2007
???
???
??

Finally!! I was waiting for my check to be cashed, check my timeline....

GC holder petitioning for Wife (already applied for USC)
DO: Miami.
06/30 - Sent
07/03 - Arrived
07/18 - Called USCIS, informed that application is in the system and it was moved to the California SC.
07/19 - Check Cashed
??/?? - Receipt recieved

Biometrics NOA received

Hello everyone,

Received my biometrics NOA in the mail today, scheduled for 8/7/07

Cheers

That's good... That means they are still moving... You beat the rush before the fee hike...
I hate waiting... Hopefully I'll get smth soon...

hi every one i just filed for my wife on 07/25/2007 . I am a US citizen we have been married for 5 years and all these years she did not had any status ,she came in this country legally on a valid visa 11 years ago .My question is will there be any problem for her just beacuse she did not had any status ,can her application be denied ?

thank you
filed

07/25/2007----> I-130,i-485, G325a (for me and her )

hi every one i just filed for my wife on 07/25/2007 . I am a US citizen we have been married for 5 years and all these years she did not had any status ,she came in this country legally on a valid visa 11 years ago .My question is will there be any problem for her just beacuse she did not had any status ,can her application be denied ?

thank you
filed

07/25/2007----> I-130,i-485, G325a (for me and her )

Her overstay will be forgiven, she needs to prove that she entered legally though (did she send a copy of her I-94 stamp? with her passport?). But the petition can not be denied based on overstay, because she married you (an US Citizen).

Also, checking your timeline. Please tell me you did send an I-864 or I-864EZ also? you needed to send the affidavit of support and I do not see it in your timeline. So i am just wondering.

Nope i did not send I-864 with her application . damn i hope i did not screw it up because it said no where that i had to send i-864 with forms "i-130,i-485,g-325a" and yes Praetorian she does have her i-94 with her passport .any suggestion what should i do with her i864

thank you

Her overstay will be forgiven, she needs to prove that she entered legally though (did she send a copy of her I-94 stamp? with her passport?). But the petition can not be denied based on overstay, because she married you (an US Citizen).

Also, checking your timeline. Please tell me you did send an I-864 or I-864EZ also? you needed to send the affidavit of support and I do not see it in your timeline. So i am just wondering.

Wait for the best (that the application is not denied because of lack on initial evidence) and that you will receive a letter requesting you to send the I-864 to them.

Did you send the I-693? another REQUIRED form (medical examination)?

In the meantime, take a look at the I-864 and I-864EZ and see which suits you best (the one that ends with EZ is easier to fill out, but you need to meet certain criteria).

Here is a link to some info on what you should have sent. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide2

Wait for the best (that the application is not denied because of lack on initial evidence) and that you will receive a letter requesting you to send the I-864 to them.

Did you send the I-693? another REQUIRED form (medical examination)?

In the meantime, take a look at the I-864 and I-864EZ and see which suits you best (the one that ends with EZ is easier to fill out, but you need to meet certain criteria).

Here is a link to some info on what you should have sent. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide2

praetorian first of all i would like to thank you so much.. well i went to fed ex and i got my package from them i am going to enclose -i-864 with it but the i693 which is for medical can i do that later on cause there is not enough time for it

i am going to file i-130, g-325a,i-485, i -864 and i864a with it can i send i693 form later on when the application is approved?

thank you

Received receipts for I-130, I-485 and I-765 with Notice Date of 7/20. The notice also said I will be receiving further correspondence about my Biometrics appointment. Got the receipt for my money orders in the same notice.
*Cheers*

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
07/10/07 USPS package to Chicago lockbox
07/11/07 RD
07/24/07 Receipt Notice for I-130, I-485 & I-765 with ND 07/20/2007