JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

Prayers

The immigration consultant lady that helped my attorney file my paperwork for AOS, told me I will get a conditional green card and not a permanent one even though my husband and I will be married 3 years on 12/3107. My interview as you can see is 12/11/07. What I'm I paying for, I told her she was wrong. I don't think she believed me.

Girl like I said we need to do some serious praying for 12/11/07

Congrats mick123 !!!
I wish you to get your GC before that trip of yours!!! Good luck!!! And thanks for sharing your experience.

mick123,
Congratulations. I have observed most of the interview results since middle of september.. Most of the cases approved with name check pending.

I don't know when they clear all these cases. I would suggest who ever is attending interviews in future ask the interviewer

When did they initiated name check process --- (If they say name check is still pending)
If possible ask the interviewer contact details..

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats mick123, hope you enjoy your staying at home.
Interestingly, just like Lenova I have been observing the July postings and have noticed that most people doing interviews get approved with name pending. It must be because the interviews are scheduled so fast that the name check process cannot be completed.
I will make an infopass appointment to find out when was my name check submitted.

need advice pls

I entered on a Q1 visa(cultural exchange visa) and before the visa expired i changed my status to b2.Eventually, my status expired and currently in the process of adjustment of status-family based(us citizen spouse).Question is if i should apply for a 601 waiver in my case? I tried to find online,but couldn't come up with anything. Could anyone please help me find more information.thanks guys.

Little information

I entered on a Q1 visa(cultural exchange visa) and before the visa expired i changed my status to b2.Eventually, my status expired and currently in the process of adjustment of status-family based(us citizen spouse).Question is if i should apply for a 601 waiver in my case? I tried to find online,but couldn't come up with anything. Could anyone please help me find more information.thanks guys.

I searched and got this bit of informations on this site:

http://www.americanlaw.com/exclude1.html

Which lists some grounds for exclusion

You don't apply for 601 unless it is requested for you to do so.

Congrats mick123, hope you enjoy your staying at home.
Interestingly, just like Lenova I have been observing the July postings and have noticed that most people doing interviews get approved with name pending. It must be because the interviews are scheduled so fast that the name check process cannot be completed.
I will make an infopass appointment to find out when was my name check submitted.

Hey guys,
I did ask that question and the interview officer replied that the file is sent to FBI for name check as soon as they receive the application. I guess FBI might be busy clearing the backlogs......

Question

Hey guys,
I did ask that question and the interview officer replied that the file is sent to FBI for name check as soon as they receive the application. I guess FBI might be busy clearing the backlogs......

Is there a number to call to see if your name check is complete or pending approval?

I tried the 800 number yesterday to find out about name check and the guy on the phone was stupid and totally read some sort of reply to me that didn't even pertain to Name check

Updated my signature.

EAD Approval notice sent, I didn't get an email to tell me though, I noticed when I just signed in to check my cases.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

July filler got GC

I was a J1 visa holder with 2years HRR..The first thing I did in February was to apply for waiver based on no objection which I received a favorable recommendation from DOS in April and the same month I received the approval notice from BCIS.
I filled in form I-130, I-765 and I-485 on July
Received Notice on July 13th
Got finger printed on August 14,
Received EAD on September 13
Went for Interview on October 11
Got approved!!!
Received Welcome notice on the mail on October 15th
GC received on October 17 th
The total number of days from the beginning to the GC received date is 88 days
My DO is New orleans, Lousianna

Congrats

Updated my signature.

EAD Approval notice sent, I didn't get an email to tell me though, I noticed when I just signed in to check my cases.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Hey JnJ*8103

congrats.

I got my approval notice on 10/26. Hopefully I get the card in the mail today. Keep my fingers crossed.

Congrats Nano

Dd you get it today? If not I know for sure you will have it on Monday!

Trini, Girlllll did you get anything?

Congrats Nano

Dd you get it today? If not I know for sure you will have it on Monday!

Trini, Girlllll did you get anything?

All I got today was a letter stating that my interview letter was returned to them and I should get an info pass to find out the date of the interview. Why do you have to go through all that, why cant people call them and they give that info over the phone. Good thing I already have that info. Nothing about my ead