JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

Congrats nanoboy01 !!!!!

It just drives me nuts, though, how some districts work faster than others... Now I'm being obsessed with going to the mailbox... Nothing there today either... :mad: Not that I need it THAT bad... It would be nice to plan somewhat...
Anyway, good luck to everyone tomorrow!!!

Ninyte,
We're both waiting for Baltimore office and filed around the same time. I'll be following yours to see any updates.:)

Like you, it's driving me crazy!! The mailman doesn't come till 4:30pm so it's a long wait everyday.

Keep Positive

Wow Nano, that's awesome I hope to get my IL soon too! My husbands birthday is 12-15 so maybe his will be around then as an awesome gift too! lol

Us December borns are very lucky:), so I don't doubt that he will get it soon.

I know what you mean

Congrats nanoboy01 !!!!!

It just drives me nuts, though, how some districts work faster than others... Now I'm being obsessed with going to the mailbox... Nothing there today either... :mad: Not that I need it THAT bad... It would be nice to plan somewhat...
Anyway, good luck to everyone tomorrow!!!

I know it drives me crazy enough when I go to the mail box and I don't see the EAD card. That I really need, but I am patient as usual:)

Hope you get your IL soon though.

Sagitarius

well well capricons in the house...lol.
congratulations..... and good luck preparing for you Big day.:)

Well unless you were referring to yourself, I am a Sagitarius:) Thanks, I have started to get things in order, copying everything that is needed.

:)

A very strange event

Today I got another update that my EAD was ordered on October 22. That is strange since I had gotten an email already saying EAD card was ordered on October 17!!!

I wonder what that could mean and if it actually means a dealay in the production of the EAD card?

My mothers case has been transferred to California service center from Missouri. Does anybody have any experience with this?

A very strange event

Today I got another update that my EAD was ordered on October 22. That is strange since I had gotten an email already saying EAD card was ordered on October 17!!!

I wonder what that could mean and if it actually means a dealay in the production of the EAD card?

We had the same thing: The first LUD said card production ordered on 10/5. Then we got another LUD saying card production ordered on 10/10 :confused:. The next LUD said approval notice mailed on 10/16 but the envelope was postmarked 10/15. The actual EAD arrived on 10/17.

Oh

No, everyone always get more than one updates with card ordered also with different dates. So don't worry

We had the same thing: The first LUD said card production ordered on 10/5. Then we got another LUD saying card production ordered on 10/10 :confused:. The next LUD said approval notice mailed on 10/16 but the envelope was postmarked 10/15. The actual EAD arrived on 10/17.

Oh my goodness I was already worried at that.

Thanks you guys.

Interview results: Cleared with name check pending.

Finally, today was the day and it was like a piece of cake. We arrived at the center 30 mins before Interview time. We were called in after about 45 mins and were greeted by the female interview officer. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible …...

AS soon as we entered, she requested our photo id’s and passports. Then, she asked my wife all the details about her like name, address, work place, SS#, birth place, birth date, father and mother’s first name, marriage date, marriage place, how many years she has been in US, etc. Then she repeated these questions to me. Basically, she was verifying all the details that was filled in the applications. Next she asked for our birth certificates, my letter of employment & pay stubs as I was the sponsor & my wife’s letter of employment. Then she asked us that why don’t we live together and I answered to this question. I told her that my wife just graduated from school and got a job offer right away and we did not wanted to lose this opportunity. I also told that I cannot move with her as I was in H1B status and if I moved, I’ll be out of status. She seemed to be convinced with our answers and asked us when we plan to live together. I told that we are planning a trip to our home country by December and as soon as we come back from there, one of us is planning to quit our job and live together. As evidence of marriage, we showed her our lease agreement, joint bank accounts, utility bills, joint insurance accounts, ticket to India, etc. She spent most of the time in seeing our pictures and asking who our parents were. After that, she was finally convinced and told me that they have to take extra precautions in cases like these and asked for copies of all documents. We already had a different set for her and she seemed to be pleased about that. Then we talked a little bit about Cleveland and how well we are doing in sports nowadays. After this, she asked me the usual questions about arrests, conviction, deportation, etc….. She informed me that the interview was approved but my FBI name check is pending. I asked her how long it normally takes for clearance and she told that in most cases it is 3-6 months from the date of application. Finally, before leaving I asked her if I could still travel on my H1B if I do not get my card by dec and she told that I can travel without any problems as my visa is valid till 2009. She also told that since I am planning to travel in Dec, she won’t take my I-94 from the passport. This was a big relief for me…… Then I asked her if my application is approved while I am out of country, is my H1B status still valid for re-entry and she replied yes without any hesitance….

This is it, she walked us to door and told that everything will be fine and I should be okay. Overall, it went for about 15-20 mins and without any problems.

And now I wait…………..Thanks all for your help

One for the books

The immigration consultant lady that helped my attorney file my paperwork for AOS, told me I will get a conditional green card and not a permanent one even though my husband and I will be married 3 years on 12/3107. My interview as you can see is 12/11/07. What I'm I paying for, I told her she was wrong. I don't think she believed me.

congrats

Interview results: Cleared with name check pending.

Finally, today was the day and it was like a piece of cake. We arrived at the center 30 mins before Interview time. We were called in after about 45 mins and were greeted by the female interview officer. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible …...

AS soon as we entered, she requested our photo id’s and passports. Then, she asked my wife all the details about her like name, address, work place, SS#, birth place, birth date, father and mother’s first name, marriage date, marriage place, how many years she has been in US, etc. Then she repeated these questions to me. Basically, she was verifying all the details that was filled in the applications. Next she asked for our birth certificates, my letter of employment & pay stubs as I was the sponsor & my wife’s letter of employment. Then she asked us that why don’t we live together and I answered to this question. I told her that my wife just graduated from school and got a job offer right away and we did not wanted to lose this opportunity. I also told that I cannot move with her as I was in H1B status and if I moved, I’ll be out of status. She seemed to be convinced with our answers and asked us when we plan to live together. I told that we are planning a trip to our home country by December and as soon as we come back from there, one of us is planning to quit our job and live together. As evidence of marriage, we showed her our lease agreement, joint bank accounts, utility bills, joint insurance accounts, ticket to India, etc. She spent most of the time in seeing our pictures and asking who our parents were. After that, she was finally convinced and told me that they have to take extra precautions in cases like these and asked for copies of all documents. We already had a different set for her and she seemed to be pleased about that. Then we talked a little bit about Cleveland and how well we are doing in sports nowadays. After this, she asked me the usual questions about arrests, conviction, deportation, etc….. She informed me that the interview was approved but my FBI name check is pending. I asked her how long it normally takes for clearance and she told that in most cases it is 3-6 months from the date of application. Finally, before leaving I asked her if I could still travel on my H1B if I do not get my card by dec and she told that I can travel without any problems as my visa is valid till 2009. She also told that since I am planning to travel in Dec, she won’t take my I-94 from the passport. This was a big relief for me…… Then I asked her if my application is approved while I am out of country, is my H1B status still valid for re-entry and she replied yes without any hesitance….

This is it, she walked us to door and told that everything will be fine and I should be okay. Overall, it went for about 15-20 mins and without any problems.

And now I wait…………..Thanks all for your help

Congratulations

What?

The immigration consultant lady that helped my attorney file my paperwork for AOS, told me I will get a conditional green card and not a permanent one even though my husband and I will be married 3 years on 12/3107. My interview as you can see is 12/11/07. What I'm I paying for, I told her she was wrong. I don't think she believed me.

I thought that in cases when couples have been married for more than 2 years that an approval for AOS would automatically mean it was a permanent Green Card?

How can it be that you would not get it?