• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

JULY 15 Re-draw Maybe Cancelled!!!!

Why nerve wrecking...another chance for all who entered...in the past years if you were not selected, it was game over, now you have another shot...always look on the bright side...:)

For the 36 who filed the lawsuit...Good Luck, your names are out there as individuals who have immigration intentions and whenever you applu for a visa you have to disclose it and for some visa's that will mean a denial. Think before you act...

one thing peoples need to keep in mind is that all thoses 36 peoples HAVE A VALID TEMPORARY VISA, either B1 or J1...
Why nerve wrecking...another chance for all who entered...in the past years if you were not selected, it was game over, now you have another shot...always look on the bright side...:)

For the 36 who filed the lawsuit...Good Luck, your names are out there as individuals who have immigration intentions and whenever you applu for a visa you have to disclose it and for some visa's that will mean a denial. Think before you act...

one thing peoples need to keep in mind is that all thoses 36 peoples HAVE A VALID TEMPORARY VISA, either B1 or J1...

What Bentleebee meant to say is if they were to apply for another Visa or maybe re enter the United States then immigration services will see the past immigration intent and most likely deny them since both B1 and J1 visa's are non immigration visa's and are supposed to have no intention of immigration with these visa's.

Bentleebee, I respectfully disagree with you. Generally, during visa applications,it is presumed that an applicant intends to immigrate permanently. However, this presumption is rebuttable--which means the applicant has to prove to the consular that he does not intend to immigrate permanently.

Regarding the 26 people, again I disagree. Everyone who sent forms to KCC on reliance of the notification letter has his/her name out. So it is not just the 36 people. The only problem, I think, is these people (those who have submitted the forms to KCC) have raised "their own standard of proof"-- they will find it to difficult to prove that they do not intend to immigrate permanently.

Bentleebee, I respectfully disagree with you. Generally, during visa applications,it is presumed that an applicant intends to immigrate permanently. However, this presumption is rebuttable--which means the applicant has to prove to the consular that he does not intend to immigrate permanently.

Regarding the 26 people, again I disagree. Everyone who sent forms to KCC on reliance of the notification letter has his/her name out. So it is not just the 36 people. The only problem, I think, is these people (those who have submitted the forms to KCC) have raised "their own standard of proof"-- they will find it to difficult to prove that they do not intend to immigrate permanently.

The thing is though the visa's they are on are non immigrant visa's which mean you must not have intention of immigrating. Immigration visas for for immigrating, non immigration visas are for visiting or staying temporarily and not permanently.

Being on a non immigrant visa and showing immigration intent in or out the country automatically raises a red flag for intentional immigration.

nope, the lottery has no effect on the visitor visa... & I'm sure doss is aware of that... they can't be THAT incompetent so they will probably take care of this...
The thing is though the visa's they are on are non immigrant visa's which mean you must not have intention of immigrating. Immigration visas for for immigrating, non immigration visas are for visiting or staying temporarily and not permanently.

Being on a non immigrant visa and showing immigration intent in or out the country automatically raises a red flag for intentional immigration.

No sweat, little man. We've disclosed our immigrant intent the moment we dropped signed DSP-122+photos into mailbox.

Not exactly. Certain visa classifications are exempt - h1b, h4 (if primary petitioner is h1b), l1, k1, o1. I have h1b and therefore don't care.

Not exactly. Certain visa classifications are exempt - h1b, h4 (if primary petitioner is h1b), l1, k1, o1. I have h1b and therefore don't care.

That's correct since they are 'dual intent' visa's and immigration intent is therefore allowed. People who have visitor visa's (B1 as an example) and so forth will be showing immigration intent on a non immigrant visa and is not allowed. Since visa's such as the B1 the applicant have to prove they are going to be going back home and have STRONG ties with their home country. If they show they intend to immigrate on a NON immigrant visa by filing immigration intent then well it speaks for itself.

ex everything!

pleas this very sad. please USA... my boyfriend leave me because he win fair and square and the US cancel he is very depress and want to make suicide. now he ex winner, ex boyfriend ex everything. please help

your boyfriend is showing you true love...
pleas this very sad. please USA... my boyfriend leave me because he win fair and square and the US cancel he is very depress and want to make suicide. now he ex winner, ex boyfriend ex everything. please help

jayo2k, this is actually not true. some of those 36 people in the lawsuit may have a valid US visa. However Mr White never stated that they are all in the United States.

In the press release he says
"the class includes named individuals living, working, and paying taxes in the United States-"

He did not say that all the named individuals in the class lawsuit are amongst the 22000 who are currently living working and paying taxes in the US.

I personally know this is not true.

well, even if only one is in the usa, it is enough for the class action lawsuit
jayo2k, this is actually not true. some of those 36 people in the lawsuit may have a valid US visa. However Mr White never stated that they are all in the United States.

In the press release he says
"the class includes named individuals living, working, and paying taxes in the United States-"

He did not say that all the named individuals in the class lawsuit are amongst the 22000 who are currently living working and paying taxes in the US.

I personally know this is not true.

well, even if only one is in the usa, it is enough for the class action lawsuit
Jayo2K, it seems u really want this class action lawsuit? But remember, it's not a go come issue! It's gonna take years that u will be saying had I known.... And don't be suprised the results will be released on the 15 July, and DOS will still proceed with the class action lawsuit with this ex 22k winners, then u will know who will lose at the end!

why everybody here think that if the lawsuit is done, the 22k will just wait...? The 22k are put in the drawing as well as the non selectees... & about the lawsuit, someone here said that even one person can proceed the class action... the thing is that if the class action is approoved by a judge, be sure that july 15 won't happen because the judge will put a hold on it since this is the main dispute... at the end, a class action lawsuit = EVERY SINGLE ONG OF US including DOSS lose
Jayo2K, it seems u really want this class action lawsuit? But remember, it's not a go come issue! It's gonna take years that u will be saying had I known.... And don't be suprised the results will be released on the 15 July, and DOS will still proceed with the class action lawsuit with this ex 22k winners, then u will know who will lose at the end!

you know guys, you are all funny, you fight and argue and give explaination and analyse every letter in a word and every word in a sentense, this is coool, are you all politicians?

Can't you take it easy? Are you starving in your actual home and need to eat and the only solution is going to the US? this is crazy ...