• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

JULY 15 Re-draw Maybe Cancelled!!!!

I spend 1 month of my income in postage only..yes we are from poor countries and thats the reason we play DV..Now forget about anything else,but DOS wasted my 1 month wage.Dont you guys think we need compensation or a chance to proceed as we were notified???????

I spend 1 month of my income in postage only..yes we are from poor countries and thats the reason we play DV..Now forget about anything else,but DOS wasted my 1 month wage.Dont you guys think we need compensation or a chance to proceed as we were notified???????

First I am very sorry for your situation.

Reading all of you guys it sounds like if you WON a Green Card. That is not TRUE. With this program you have a chance to win the possibility to APPLY for one, which is completely different.

I am saying this because during that application period, you MUST prove to the consulate officer that you are able to maintain yourself for living once in the US, so you either provide sufficient information showing that you have enough MONEY in the the bank to achieve this, or a job in the US.

With either way you should not have any problem spending money in postage....

In other words,....if you can not afford the expenses of the process, how do you think you will be granted with a Green Card?

I think people do not understand what is this about...

I'm still neutral, & i do think they have a chance, but still stay neutral... & yes i was among the 22k
Yes at the start i didn't think "they" had any chance at all... my view changed a bit but still think july 15 will hapen
Kinda noticed that too .. Probably because he was one of "them" from the start..and now he thinks 22k have a shot, even though just a while ago he was saying they don't stand a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played lottery with hope to win,I never said it was guaranteed with green card.But it was stated that we can proceed further,thats the reason we spent money.
When we called DOS and they asked to sent the documents ASAp even if the site was down,GIVE ME 1 REASON THEY SHOULDNOT COMPENSATE FOR MY EXPENSE..i dont even need a green card if its not on their interest,but what I am asking for is the compensation for my loss.
the direct loss,I am not saying i sold house or quit job,But i spent $$$ in postage and no matter how much its still my hard worked money.
DO U HAVE ANY DIFFERENT ANSWERS NOW????

I THINK the confirmation link in email KCC sent (as at then) that went down a few moments yesterday (SATURDAY) help to prove beyond reasonable doubt that KCC is even working on weekend to actualize July 15th. Because the link can’t just got broken & make to work again few moments on a WEEKEND without top level human intervention whatsoever. If its just a server error, i think dvlottery.state.gov (d principal site) also have 2b affected but i check d website that moment & their blah blah regarding DV2012 displayed.

Kinda think KCC are now upgrading/making necessary adjustment to their server in preparedness for July 15th. Because anymore error(s) on their side/site will be a complete calamity & as we all know their time-frame this time is very short considering the heck of work to be done in checking winners for diversify double entries & facial recognition.

This time, their top-hierachy (maybe OIG) will have to proof-test d entire result/data to be made public very much well before July 15th. In a nutshell, no time on DOS side my broda...

This is a video subtitle of a representative from DoS talking about the DV-2012 lottery. Someone who speaks spanish translated what Mr. Hammer said about the July 15th results as follows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh9kkIdnUzY

"He says very little: he cannot comment anything about the topic because there is a lawsuit and that a new draw will take place on July15, and we have the same opportunity to participate. That's all"

So sounds like the results will take place after all guys!!!

"He says very little: he cannot comment anything about the topic because there is a lawsuit and that a new draw will take place on July15, and we have the same opportunity to participate. That's all" QUOTE]
Sincerely, i can’t visualise anything disrupting July 15th re-draw except internal arrangement by the DOS hierarchy. If its so called lawsuit, forget it. With just 18days to July 15th, DOS can appeal if the class suit didn’t favoured its interest & also there are many techniques that can be use to buy time in the court of law & this is not a case that threatens US national interest or its security that could easily be fast-heard in couple of days.

In tricky situation, DOS will also have its hidden agenda...since DOS rep. Says they can’t comment on the law suit this moment but the re-draw will be done for the sake of fairness & equity.

See what Mr. Hammer said above. DOS has repeatedly said (through different spokespersons) that they are heck bend on this re-draw so as to maintain its integrity. So this lawsuit will go way beyond July 15th.

"He says very little: he cannot comment anything about the topic because there is a lawsuit and that a new draw will take place on July15, and we have the same opportunity to participate. That's all" QUOTE]
Sincerely, i can’t visualise anything disrupting July 15th re-draw except internal arrangement by the DOS hierarchy. If its so called lawsuit, forget it. With just 18days to July 15th, DOS can appeal if the class suit didn’t favoured its interest & also there are many techniques that can be use to buy time in the court of law & this is not a case that threatens US national interest or its security that could easily be fast-heard in couple of days.

In tricky situation, DOS will also have its hidden agenda...since DOS rep. Says they can’t comment on the law suit this moment but the re-draw will be done for the sake of fairness & equity.

See what Mr. Hammer said above. DOS has repeatedly said (through different spokespersons) that they are heck bend on this re-draw so as to maintain its integrity. So this lawsuit will go way beyond July 15th.
Good reasoning! Perhaps DoS will do whatever it takes to buy time for the sake of 14 million disadvantaged entrants who were also affected by this situation.

so 22k applied during the first 2 days & all the rest applied after? believe me, more than 50% applied during the first day... & DoS won't say "we are in big trouble folks..." they didn't tell the people who were calling that the results were void, telling them to ship ASAP...
Good reasoning! Perhaps DoS will do whatever it takes to buy time for the sake of 14 million disadvantaged entrants who were also affected by this situation.

If the lawsuit goes way belong july 15, do you know that that means that july 15 winners won't be allowed to proced for the visa & that would put DOS in a very tricky situation since they would have notified twice for nothing... peoples, do not underestimate that lawsuit...

so may 1st non selectees should worry a lot?

I can not say whether someone should worry or not, but anyone who participated in the lottery should be concerned about the lawsuit.

If the winners win on the issue of randomness, then there won't be any redraw but the 22,000 people who had an official notification + the remaining unknown 78,000 will go forward with the next step. However, DoS can appeal.

But any unfavorable decision against DoS has a far-reaching implications.

maybe they will go hard on the 36 plaintiff during the interview lol, but someone who suit DOS in 2002 or 1999 won the lawsuit

in that case, non selectee have more to lose than former selectees because formers can still be picked on july 15 while non selectee... but remember 2 strange statements :

We are whilling to do whatever the OIG review will tell us to do" (something like that from a DOS representative)
One representatived was said to present a plan to fix the issue of the 22k who were affected (which could mean many things)
I can not say whether someone should worry or not, but anyone who participated in the lottery should be concerned about the lawsuit.

If the winners win on the issue of randomness, then there won't be any redraw but the 22,000 people who had an official notification + the remaining unknown 78,000 will go forward with the next step. However, DoS can appeal.

But any unfavorable decision against DoS has a far-reaching implications.

If the lawsuit goes way belong july 15, do you know that that means that july 15 winners won't be allowed to proced for the visa & that would put DOS in a very tricky situation since they would have notified twice for nothing... peoples, do not underestimate that lawsuit...
Are you sure that the winners won't be able to proceed with the visa come July 15th because of the on-going law-suit? This never crossed my mind. This is serious!!! WOW!

well, case accepted = the whole 2012 edition will be put on hold thus restraining july 15 winners to furfill the process... Since the 2012 edition is the issue, that mean it will have to be put on hold until the lawsuit is over whatever the verdict is...
Like let say you steal a phone, a plaintif tells the police... you denie it... the phone will be held as an evidence until a judge decide who own this phone... they won't just take back the phone to give it to the plaintif...
that DV case is on another level but like that, the 2012 edition will be put on hold...

many peoples keep saying the lawsuit does not stand a chance then why in hell DOS felt the need to send not just 1 but 2 lawyers...
Because they know, they may have underestimated the concequences on may 13th
I'm sure some peoples from the KCC might even whishing to lose or come into an agreement (remember one secretary presented a plan to fix the situation of the 22k...) thus a quick resolve instead of seeing the 2012 edition lasting years....
Are you sure that the winners won't be able to proceed with the visa come July 15th because of the on-going law-suit? This never crossed my mind. This is serious!!! WOW!