January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

Not necessary -

As explained by earlier CP\'ers this is not necessary- put in your salary+ bank acc savings. That should be enough !!

How long does it take to get from Lister Lab to Dr. Vijayalakshmi\'s office ?

How long does it take to get from Lister Lab to Dr. Vijayalakshmi\'s office ? The reason why I ask this is because Lister Lab gives back report after 4:30pm. If one has a 5:00pm appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi, is it possiblle to rush to there from Lister Lab within 20-30 minutes ?

No. 401K is not liquiated like stocks/bonds are. Like Dandelion said, it\'s not even necessary to in

No Title

I am starting off on the 25th and will wind up in Chennai on the 5th. I have taken an appointment on the 5th with Dr. Vijayalakshmi after 4:30 pm. Lister is insisting that they will not give the results before 4:30 pm.

No Title

Other than TestUrLuck who says he has got PCC from Indian police is there anybody else who has or plans to obtain PCC for jan interview.
My lawyer called me just know and "informed" of me of this "new" rule. Lawyer asked me to atleast make an attempt with the consulate. Since I am leaving next week I do not see any possibility of obtaining it. May be I will try at the passport office in Delhi (which issued my passport) and see if I can make any headway.
TestUrLuck can give us some details on the Indian PCC effort.

tanani, Don\'t worry about PCC.

Even if we try, may be we can get one PCC (Either Consulate in US or Local Police Stn.). If PCC requirement is true, One is not sufficient. WE just don\'t have time get two certificate for Jan. Chennai keeps on saying it\'s not required. Just Relax. Be prepared for all the rest of the documentation. Keep in touch with this forum. Good Luck.

Good site for fillable Ds-230 Part 2 forms

Hi all
I am trying a good site which has a fillable Ds-230 Part 2 form. Chennai sent the OF form instead. But i mailed them the DS 230 Part 1 with my P3. So i want to stick to the DS 230 P2 instead. The fillable DS230 P2 form on immihelp.com is very bad...
Can anyone lemme know if there is someother site which has a Ds-230 P2 fillable form.
Thanx
New10

RajSri - What about the appoinment letter?

Did you ask Chennai consulate to send the appointment letter to your chennai add? Will they do it again after having already dispatched it to your US add? I am not sure when I will be receiving my appt letter as I am leaving on 11th. My p4 is being prepared by attorneys.
As regards PCC, I just received email from them saying it is not required \'as of today\'...sounds like they are just being technicall correct...not sure if it means they will require it tomorrow !

No Title

My spouse left to India in the first week of Nov. She had talked to the local police thru her father. She went to my Indian Attorney. I think attorney had to write somekind of letter. After attorney\'s letter police had issued PCC for both of us.

Thanx TL

No Title

Since we send the OF230 Part I with our P3 submission, does the consulate have the PartI with them when we go for the interview or do we have to again take it to them (in addition to the Part II) when we go for the interview?

PCC not required

HI Guys
I got a mail from consulate that PCC not required. Why bother about it when we have mails from them?? Enjoy your break and vacation. My interview is on Jan 29th.

cdevaro and A wait lets be in touch so that we can share the requirements

First of all do you have the list of documents we need?
and how should we get the tax documents and
cdevaro is from chennai, so could you help us find motel near embassy and not too expensive :)

cdevaro I sent a mail to embassy ...

about sending my p4 and interview letter to my local address, but I got a reply they cannot do that and it is not required even if u don\'t get ur appointment letter they told me to take out a printout from net by entering our case number and show it to doc for medical test.

No Title

Does not matter. Just take DS230 PART II with you. It\'s fine with OF-230 PART I and DS-230 PART II.

Thanx TL

sure...let\'s be in touch RajSri and A Wait

My knowledge on the list of docs is from postings on this site and what my attorneys told me. About the tax docs - I have last 3 yrs returns and w2s...hope to get the sailing permit once I get my tickets. Only worried about my birth certi - I only have one affidavit from my parents notarized in chennai saying I was born in Vishakapatnam...let\'s see.
I sure wish I could find some great deals for you guys...I would start with Hotel Ranjith...very close to the consulate and there is a nice bar nearby too !