IT finally came !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladybuggy

Registered Users (C)
First of please let me give all of you who have supported me through this ordeal sine September of 06 a BIG THANK YOU.

I got my Oath Letter today !!!!! It is for March 3rd 2008 @ 12.00 PM

I can't express my excitement because I had lost all hope and now. I can't find a word that even would make it up remotely for this letter.

But I also have a question. Actually more than one.

1. On the front it says bring the following: The Letter, The PRC, Any Immigration documents you might have, reentry permit or refuge travel document, if it is for a child bring the child or other. Well should I just take my folder I keep all of my N-400 forms I have recieved with or should I take even more such as Marriage Certificate or whatever. I ask this because there are checkmarks but they are off by 1/4 of an inch and they are printed well not next but aside from the box so I don;t know what I need to bring. I know of the green card and the letter ..

2. On the back you are supposed to fill out all of the questions. Check yes or no. Do I do this NOW or do I do this when I am THERE ?

NCS
KC DO
09-25-06 N-400 Sent
09-27-06 N-400 Rec'd
10-20-06 Rec'd N-400 back from USCIS :eek:
10-20-06 Re-Sent N-400 to USCIS
10-24-06 N-400 #2 Rec'd by USCIS
10-24-06 Priority Date
10-26-06 Check Cashed
11-03-06 NOA Rec'd
11-06-06 FP Notice Rec'd
11-14-06 FP taken
03-27-07 Infopass - Pending Name Check
08-30-07 Interview Notice
11-01-07 Interview/N-652 Rec'd
11-26-07 2nd FP Notice
12-07-07 2nd FP taken
01-08-07 Inquiry filed by USCIS
01-12-08 Rec'd Response - Case is being reviewed
01-18-08 Called IO. Said I'm in queue for Oath. March/April possible Oath. :confused:
02-08-08 Rec'd N-445 to appear for Oath on March 3rd 2008 @ 12.00 PM :D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats,

not that I know, but unless it is just too much, I would bring everything.
I constantly update my stuff, just to stay on top.

I got two binders
- All my originals (from birth cerificate, school, work etc
- One with the INS stuff

That way I have at most two binders with everything and it's current at all times.
It's not only for INS, but also for emergencies. If the house burns, those two binders are all I need.

Congratulations!!! Not only are you finally completing the final step of your journey, but you no longer have to watch the mailbox!

Congrats! :)

Bring Green card and letter
Fill out the answers as close to the ceremony as reasonable (night before, morning before going to ceremony). I would definitely recommend to have it filled out by the time you show up at the ceremony place. You don't want to fill it out under stress and make a mistake ;)

How about signing it ? Sign it there infront of an official or whenever I am done checking the marks ? It says sign at (City and State) that is obvious and then full signature. That part I mean. The morning of sounds good because I can date it march 3rd which is my ceremony day since it says I certify ........ that they are true and correct as of the date of my naturalization oath ceremony.

Never mind ... duh. Here it says you must answer these questions the day you are to apprear for your citizenship oath ceremony ...... you must bring this COMPLETED questionaire with you ....... as well as documents indicated. I just bring everything I took to the Interview with to the Oath Ceremony. Ok, so I can sign it at home .. do I have to get it notarized ?

I just ask because I know being "related" to the Army most of that official stuff can be filled out prior but has to be signed infront of someone official which in this case means an US Immigration Employee

Big Congrats

First of please let me give all of you who have supported me through this ordeal sine September of 06 a BIG THANK YOU.

I got my Oath Letter today !!!!! It is for March 3rd 2008 @ 12.00 PM

I can't express my excitement because I had lost all hope and now. I can't find a word that even would make it up remotely for this letter.

But I also have a question. Actually more than one.

1. On the front it says bring the following: The Letter, The PRC, Any Immigration documents you might have, reentry permit or refuge travel document, if it is for a child bring the child or other. Well should I just take my folder I keep all of my N-400 forms I have recieved with or should I take even more such as Marriage Certificate or whatever. I ask this because there are checkmarks but they are off by 1/4 of an inch and they are printed well not next but aside from the box so I don;t know what I need to bring. I know of the green card and the letter ..

2. On the back you are supposed to fill out all of the questions. Check yes or no. Do I do this NOW or do I do this when I am THERE ?

NCS
KC DO
09-25-06 N-400 Sent
09-27-06 N-400 Rec'd
10-20-06 Rec'd N-400 back from USCIS :eek:
10-20-06 Re-Sent N-400 to USCIS
10-24-06 N-400 #2 Rec'd by USCIS
10-24-06 Priority Date
10-26-06 Check Cashed
11-03-06 NOA Rec'd
11-06-06 FP Notice Rec'd
11-14-06 FP taken
03-27-07 Infopass - Pending Name Check
08-30-07 Interview Notice
11-01-07 Interview/N-652 Rec'd
11-26-07 2nd FP Notice
12-07-07 2nd FP taken
01-08-07 Inquiry filed by USCIS
01-12-08 Rec'd Response - Case is being reviewed
01-18-08 Called IO. Said I'm in queue for Oath. March/April possible Oath. :confused:
02-08-08 Rec'd N-445 to appear for Oath on March 3rd 2008 @ 12.00 PM :D:D:D:D:D:D

Your long wait was worth it. You have been extremely patient. I am very happy for you. Congrats and hoping to see you here on this forum once in a while. Good luck again.

Never mind ... duh. Here it says you must answer these questions the day you are to apprear for your citizenship oath ceremony ...... you must bring this COMPLETED questionaire with you ....... as well as documents indicated. I just bring everything I took to the Interview with to the Oath Ceremony. Ok, so I can sign it at home .. do I have to get it notarized ?

No need to take everything you took to the interview. Documents indicated refer to the Green Card, or any other travel or immigration document you still possess. In most cases it's just the Green Card the only thing you need to take.

No need to notarize your signature. If you want to do it by the book, you might fill out the answers the night before and just sign before you go to the ceremony. I would advise to have this COMPLETED and signed before you arrive to the ceremony, it will help you avoid making some silly mistake.

Relax, the oath ceremony is piece of cake compared with the interview.

My 2 cents.

I agree with Huracan reply. All I took to the Oath Ceremony was the letter, a pen, and the green card.

yay

Told you it will come. Thanks for all who answered LadyBuggy's questions. I had kinda wanted to ask them as well.

Thank you for all the congratulations. I only can say THANK YOU TO ALL who have given me advice and helped me through it. It has been a very long journey and I am glad it is over. You will not see me leave here. I can only give little advice here and there but I owe many of you and I would love to see everyones journey whom I really got to know through here with a happy ending. Like I said. I really have given up several weeks ago. I was done. But not knowing that I am not just a file under a pile of other papers it feels good and I want everyone who has this still ahead of him/her to know it get's done sooner or later. You might feel sometimes it is not and you might hit setbacks but it get's done somehow

HAHA Johnny ... hey when you are waiting for something life changing a fly will wake you up if you would know a fly will deliver something. LOL. Love how you CAPS the TRUCK .. it is not a car. How about we make it a VEHICLE

HAHA Johnny ... hey when you are waiting for something life changing a fly will wake you up if you would know a fly will deliver something. LOL. Love how you CAPS the TRUCK .. it is not a car. How about we make it a VEHICLE

Agree that when we wait for something like life-changing then even a fly would wake us up especially when we would know that a fly would deliver SOMETHING...Huh....

Now, what difference does it make whether it's a TRUCK or a VEHICLE when you already screamed-"IT FINALLY CAME"?? lol...Thanks God, IT eventually came...otherwise..............could have worked IT more harder...I guess...awwww....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you are cracking me up ... really you do. I really wish I could of read the unedited version though, lol. :rolleyes: