IT finally came !!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for you two to take this private.

Gets a little of subject, though I am happy for you Ladybuggy.

Congrats, Ladybuggy!! We all have a few things to learn from you - you have been very patient, never a trace of bitterness, very kind and understanding. I am sure you will do well - very well - in your post-citizenship life.

Thank you all. It wasn't easy but it wasn't quite as hard as many of you had it.
Patience is usually my weakness and how I made it through I have no idea but my day has come and I can't wait ! :D

Ol

First of please let me give all of you who have supported me through this ordeal sine September of 06 a BIG THANK YOU.

I got my Oath Letter today !!!!! It is for March 3rd 2008 @ 12.00 PM

I can't express my excitement because I had lost all hope and now. I can't find a word that even would make it up remotely for this letter.

But I also have a question. Actually more than one.

1. On the front it says bring the following: The Letter, The PRC, Any Immigration documents you might have, reentry permit or refuge travel document, if it is for a child bring the child or other. Well should I just take my folder I keep all of my N-400 forms I have recieved with or should I take even more such as Marriage Certificate or whatever. I ask this because there are checkmarks but they are off by 1/4 of an inch and they are printed well not next but aside from the box so I don;t know what I need to bring. I know of the green card and the letter ..

2. On the back you are supposed to fill out all of the questions. Check yes or no. Do I do this NOW or do I do this when I am THERE ?

NCS
KC DO
09-25-06 N-400 Sent
09-27-06 N-400 Rec'd
10-20-06 Rec'd N-400 back from USCIS :eek:
10-20-06 Re-Sent N-400 to USCIS
10-24-06 N-400 #2 Rec'd by USCIS
10-24-06 Priority Date
10-26-06 Check Cashed
11-03-06 NOA Rec'd
11-06-06 FP Notice Rec'd
11-14-06 FP taken
03-27-07 Infopass - Pending Name Check
08-30-07 Interview Notice
11-01-07 Interview/N-652 Rec'd
11-26-07 2nd FP Notice
12-07-07 2nd FP taken
01-08-07 Inquiry filed by USCIS
01-12-08 Rec'd Response - Case is being reviewed
01-18-08 Called IO. Said I'm in queue for Oath. March/April possible Oath. :confused:
02-08-08 Rec'd N-445 to appear for Oath on March 3rd 2008 @ 12.00 PM :D:D:D:D:D:D

CONGRATOLATIONS… Lady Bug.. Please wish your brothers and sisters that still going through this your good luck,,

Oh absolutely. Like I said before I will be still visiting this Forum many many times just like I do now because in a way I owe many of you. The "oldtimers" and the "newcomers".
Best of Luck to all of you and I like to see everyone journey come to an end rather sooner than later

Feb 2008

Seems like more and more number of immigration cases are comming to closures this month. I have already heard 3 cases in my circle that came to closure (2 GC 1 CZ) this month. Seems like immigration department are doing some work now.

I really hope so. Yes mine is almost "over" but many near and dear to me haven't gotten that "golden" Letter yet and it is sad !

No I did not. I wasn't even interested in that. Plus I thought it would make my case even more complicated. I do still have ties to germany such as Family but other than that I have no ties anymore. My heart is here and it stays here. Unless my Husband get's stationed over there once more before he retires I don't think there is a chance we'll ever go back until our kids are grown, lol.

Not sure how much money you lost because of this.
You droped all German benefits, social security etc and this process isn't reversable.

I meet more and more people who wish they wouldn't have done it.

I don't and won't ever get Social Security since I never worked over there. I went to school until I was 18 and when I finished I married and had my kids and never went to work and 2 years later I moved over here. With the german benefits. I was insured under my parents until I married and then I was and still am by the Army and since my Husband retires out of the Army I will continue getting the benefits.

Believe me, I thought long long long and hard about everything and I KNOW what I am doing. If I fall flat face down so be it. You always learn from your mistakes and they make you stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Ceremony Letter: "Full" Signature?

Hi Ladybuggy,

I always enjoy reading most of your comments about this slightly frustrating process of waiting, waiting and waiting for the USCIS to process the N400 Citizenship Application.

I for one, have been fairly lucky (My case took about 7 months and 20 days from start to finish), so I hardly have anything to complain about. (I received my Oath Ceremony Letter today!)

I wanted to ask you: Are we supposed to sign the N-445 in Cursive form (Like we do on our Citizenship Certificate)? Or do we sign in our usual signature on this form?

I'm guessing they mean "Cursive" when they use the word "Full Signature", but I wanted to know what you know? (Don't want to mess up the only proof I have of being approved. Besides one of my colleagues at work told me NOT to lose this Oath Ceremony letter, as they will make you go through a lot of trouble to get another letter and rescheduled for an oath)

Are we supposed to sign the N-445 in Cursive form (Like we do on our Citizenship Certificate)? Or do we sign in our usual signature on this form?

I just looked at mine and I don't see anything that says cursive. It just says full signature and that makes me think your FULL Name as to it appears on your N-400. Like John James Doe. Because you have to sign your Natz Certificate the same way .. here is the link http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html but I think someone else who already signed it should answer that question because now I am curious myself.

Besides one of my colleagues at work told me NOT to lose this Oath Ceremony letter, as they will make you go through a lot of trouble to get another letter and rescheduled for an oath

Yes don't lose it. It is your only proof besides your Name on a sheet of paper from the Immigration worker there that you have an Oath Date and ontop of that you MUST fill out the Page 2 (Backside) before going for the Oath. I will personally do it the morning of and have my father in law drive just in case I don't get pulled over for something, lol.

This is the only Info I can give you and remember those are opinions. I can't say for sure. I wish I could.

When is your Oath. If mine is before yours I can let you know but if yours is before mine then well ... you can let me know.

I also think we are stressing to much over this. The USCIS has made us do things the precised way for so long now we are worried what to do when there is no real explanation, lol

No Offense ... but I am the same way !

I will have a friend drive too. I can't risk a thing, after all this wait. I'm glad i'll be over with next TUE

So yours is before mine. Please let us know how it went about and tell me about the signatures. I am curious myself now.
My Father in Law called me paranoid but if I get a Traffic Ticket on my way there which is an hour away I can't get proof of Payment right away and I screwed my Backpage of the N-445 up because I answered no to Traffic Violations but wham here I got one which could cause another few month of delays and I seriously don't want to risk it or risk ANYTHING at this point, lol. Only "US" can understand .. that is what I told him.