IR5 entry from India for parents

My parents went for expired IR5 visa interview but did not had an updated PCC (PCC is taking a lot more time right now), so they were asked to schedule a drop box appointment once they receive PCC. I am trying to schedule a drop box appt - 221g/pending document submission at Visa Application Center (VAC) - IV Follow up Appointment but there are no slots available. US consulate is sending a generic response. Any advise?
Did you guys get a letter from embassy asking to schedule for an interview? Or did you picked an available appointment from the website and with that your parents were able to attend?

It's on 29th July. Thank you.
Just to confirm that you took an appointment based on the letter from your congressman correct? I posted a request to my local congressman on Friday, but didn’t get any response or acknowledgment yet. I don’t know how much they would understand on this immigration process.

IR-5 Renewal: My mother’s IR5 was renewed yesterday. They asked for new PCC, DS-260 confirmation, Consulate appointment letter, 2x2 photos, consular fees, her original birth certificate, marriage certificate. Medical report was already submitted to consulate electronically by the clinic. Was also asked reason for not travelling before (flight cancellations) and if have been to US before. Few days before the interview I had emailed support@usatraveldocs to update DS-260. They opened (make it editable) DS-260, I updated and resubmitted.
In the past, whenever I contacted support about IR5 renewal, I only received generic message (about IR1, IR2 visas but not IR5) and never received any explicit email/message asking to schedule consulate appointment. After waiting for a long time, I proactively selected a consulate appointment to renew expired visa and looked around for approved medical clinic to do the exam. Clinic in Mumbai initially told me that the case was not open to do medical and submit report electronically to the consulate. Called clinic in Surat, they were OK doing medical and were going to provide sealed envelope to be taken to the interview. Checked back with clinic in Mumbai, they were ok doing medical after explaining that Surat clinic was willing to do it.

Cosulate officer didn’t asked for letter from Mumbai consulate?On what letter hospital did medical and send electronically?

My parent's IR-IV visa expired on 11th April 2020. they were unable to use it before 11th April 2020 as there were travel restrictions because of COVID-19 outbreak.

They have interview for below class and category on 4th August at Mumbai.
Visa Category : Embassy/Consulate Appointments
Visa Class: Expired Visa/Waiver Received/Oath/Reinterviews(IR5)

My question is : Do I need to book an appointment for a bio-metric/fingerprint test before this interview ?
Will they allow entry without fingerprint as I see they always check that before entering into promises for interview ?

My parent's IR-IV visa expired on 11th April 2020. they were unable to use it before 11th April 2020 as there were travel restrictions because of COVID-19 outbreak.

My question is : Do I need to book an appointment for a bio-metric/fingerprint test before this interview ?
Will they allow entry without fingerprint as I see they always check that before entering into promises for interview ?
Did you got letter from consulate to schedule an appointment?

Cosulate officer didn’t asked for letter from Mumbai consulate?On what letter hospital did medical and send electronically?
Medical clinic asked for consulate appointment confirmation.
Consulate staff checked for appointment confirmation but not asked by the officer.

You do not need to redo bio-metric/fingerprint for renewal of expired IR-5 visa. That is done only the first time.
Make sure you get medical done before August 4th consulate appointment.

Hello sriram, congratulations! did you guys a letter from consulate to go ahead and schedule? My mother’s visa got expired in April’ 2020. Any email, call says the same standard answer- wait till consulate will communicate. I went ahead and scheduled an appt in aug but wondering is it worth to try as my mom has to travel from hyd to Mumbai and if they ask for communication letter at the entrance. Which letter did your mom show for medical and at the consulate entrance. I just have the appt confirmation letter. TIA for any reply.
I scheduled for an appointment for interview in Mumbai. You need to have an appointment scheduled to get medical check scheduled. Once medical was done, they handed the results in a sealed envelope to her a day later. She went to interview with medical, DS260 confirmation (which we couldn't update before interview as it was locked from 2019 Nov), new PCC (didn't know it had 2 year validity back in April'21 when they got it) and copy of interview appointment printout. Many here were pointing out that the DS260 needs to be updated but it wasn't an issue for my mom and they never made it an issue at the embassy prior to interview or during interview.

Is ir5 entry banned under new proclamation? Is anyone traveled recently on ir5 visa? I read that airlines are not booking tickets for ir5 visa travelers, and not even giving refunds so very confusing...so what's the point in getting ir5 visa?please update if someone has more information

Is ir5 entry banned under new proclamation? Is anyone traveled recently on ir5 visa? I read that airlines are not booking tickets for ir5 visa travelers, and not even giving refunds so very confusing...so what's the point in getting ir5 visa?please update if someone has more information
There is an automatic exemption on the ban (NIE) for immigrant visa holders.

These three categories of travelers are automatically considered for National Interest Exception (NIE) at the Port of Entry and do not require advance approval of a NIE from an embassy or consulate.
- immigrants of all categories…..

Which airlines are refusing to book IR-5 visa holders? Is it because of 'Air Bubble' agreement and not immigrant visa?
Here is directly from US CBP:

1627217603971.png

hello,my parents just got IR5 Visa from india, can they enter in the usa without any issue ? asking because new covid-19 rules by CDC, anyone had enter without an issue at port of entry or flying from home country. booked united , British airways, Emirates they all cancel my parents flight because of ban on IR5 visa,i already lost $3k in flight cancellation ,idk what to do .

Well I found it In other forum

hello,my parents just got IR5 Visa from india, can they enter in the usa without any issue ? asking because new covid-19 rules by CDC, anyone had enter without an issue at port of entry or flying from home country. booked united , British airways, Emirates they all cancel my parents flight because of ban on IR5 visa,i already lost $3k in flight cancellation ,idk what to do .

Well I found it In other forum
United did not allow them to fly from India to USA? Why?