IR5 entry from India for parents

So when you updated DS260, your DS260 confirmation # must have changed. Right? But in the appointment you used old DS260#. How did it work out?
Confirmation did not change. 2021 submitted DS-260 (form version 1.4) has the same confirmation number as submitted in 2019 (form version 1.3). Only thing that changed was the 'Completed On' date.

Select Embassy/Consulate appointments, next page will show you the option for expired IR5.
Hello,

it says you have to choose Embassy/Consulate appointments only if you received written notification from the US Embassy or Consulate. Did you get a written notice to schedule appointment for expired IR5?

I had the same question. Looking through the various postings, we keep emailing ustraveldocs about renewal of an expired IR5 visa and once they respond that expired 'IR1/2, CR1/2, IR5' visa holders can get an appointment, you go ahead and schedule an appointment on cgifederal website.

Did anyone on this list get an email directly from NVC or US consulate to schedule an appointment to renew an expired IR5 visa?

Thanks!
i got an online appointment for visa renewal interview IR-5, but have not received any letter from the embassy. Is this renewal interview valid?

i got an online appointment for visa renewal interview IR-5, but have not received any letter from the embassy. Is this renewal interview valid?
On every tag to schedule an appointment,one have to have intimation from consulate

For when did you get the appointment for? When did IR-5 expire?
Next, you may want to call few approved medical clinics (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...upplements_by_Post/BMB-Mumbai.html#physicians) to schedule the medical exam. See if they will send medical report electronically to the consulate or if you can pickup sealed envelop in person?
If medical clinic allows you to schedule the appointment then I think you are good to go with next steps.

On every tag to schedule an appointment,one have to have intimation from consulate

could anybody tell me if this is considered as communication/letter from the embassy in order to schedule an appointment for ir5 visa renewal?

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    134.3 KB · Views: 32
could anybody tell me if this is considered as communication/letter from the embassy in order to schedule an appointment for ir5 visa
Hello,

it says you have to choose Embassy/Consulate appointments only if you received written notification from the US Embassy or Consulate. Did you get a written notice to schedule appointment for expired IR5?
I called the support line and they have informed that unless a communication is sent by the embassy, don’t schedule the appt. I scheduled it and called to check with them if it’s a valid process, any person lifting the phone says the same standard answer. Consulate will send a communication letter to go ahead and schedule, they only we are supposed to schedule. My mother’s IR5 got expired in April,2020. So I don’t know how consulate will figure out and send a letter. When I questioned the same, they say consulate has every detail whose visa got expired and didn’t enter the country. I sent an email also to support@traveldocs. If they confirm something positive to schedule, then we can show this response to prove that we took an appt based on the email.

Are there anyone who attended the Interview without consulate informing but went with scheduled appt confirmation email? In other words, are people getting letter from consulate to go ahead and schedule an appt and only those are scheduling appts and attending interviews? TIA

I called the support line and they have informed that unless a communication is sent by the embassy, don’t schedule the appt. I scheduled it and called to check with them if it’s a valid process, any person lifting the phone says the same standard answer. Consulate will send a communication letter to go ahead and schedule, they only we are supposed to schedule. My mother’s IR5 got expired in April,2020. So I don’t know how consulate will figure out and send a letter. When I questioned the same, they say consulate has every detail whose visa got expired and didn’t enter the country. I sent an email also to support@traveldocs. If they confirm something positive to schedule, then we can show this response to prove that we took an appt based on the email.
Hello, I also got generic reply from the support@traveldocs email so many times. However, I contacted my congressman where I live. They just sent me an approval email to go ahead and schedule for the appointment which I will be using towards communication from consulate for my father.
Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!
1626443324150.png

Hello, I also got generic reply from the support@traveldocs email so many times. However, I contacted my congressman where I live. They just sent me an approval email to go ahead and schedule for the appointment which I will be using towards communication from consulate for my father.
View attachment 2785
Thank you so much! This really helps. How long did it take for this response to come to you via your congressman? I have scheduled an appt without a letter from consulate and was wondering to wait or cancel for others to use.

Thank you so much! This really helps. How long did it take for this response to come to you via your congressman? I have scheduled an appt without a letter from consulate and was wondering to wait or cancel for others to use.
I think every state is different. They haven't allowed us to go to their office but sure I think they already gave you an appointment, I would go ask them directly. They will assign one person as a go to person, you can contact them directly later on. For me, it took around 2/3 weeks. Thank you!

View attachment 2785
When are your interview scheduled for?

Hi folks,

IR5 Visa, my mother documentarily qualified on 09/2020. When should I expect interview to be scheduled at Mumbai consulate?

My mom got her IR5 approved at Mumbai just now.So the DS260 not edited recently was not an issue at all and was not raised at the interview. She was asked for Birth certificate. Then was asked if she plans to work when in US. My mom said just want to spend time with grandkids and am too old to work. The officer said apparently, you're approved. You can spend time with your grandkids. Good luck to you all!
Hello sriram, congratulations! did you guys a letter from consulate to go ahead and schedule? My mother’s visa got expired in April’ 2020. Any email, call says the same standard answer- wait till consulate will communicate. I went ahead and scheduled an appt in aug but wondering is it worth to try as my mom has to travel from hyd to Mumbai and if they ask for communication letter at the entrance. Which letter did your mom show for medical and at the consulate entrance. I just have the confirmation
My mom got her IR5 approved at Mumbai just now.So the DS260 not edited recently was not an issue at all and was not raised at the interview. She was asked for Birth certificate. Then was asked if she plans to work when in US. My mom said just want to spend time with grandkids and am too old to work. The officer said apparently, you're approved. You can spend time with your grandkids. Good luck to you all!
Hello sriram, congratulations! did you guys a letter from consulate to go ahead and schedule? My mother’s visa got expired in April’ 2020. Any email, call says the same standard answer- wait till consulate will communicate. I went ahead and scheduled an appt in aug but wondering is it worth to try as my mom has to travel from hyd to Mumbai and if they ask for communication letter at the entrance. Which letter did your mom show for medical and at the consulate entrance. I just have the appt confirmation letter. TIA for any reply.

My parents went for expired IR5 visa interview but did not had an updated PCC (PCC is taking a lot more time right now), so they were asked to schedule a drop box appointment once they receive PCC. I am trying to schedule a drop box appt - 221g/pending document submission at Visa Application Center (VAC) - IV Follow up Appointment but there are no slots available. US consulate is sending a generic response. Any advise?

Did they keep their passports? And what werr the documents asked for reissuance of expired visa? Did you receive a communication from them to schedule an appointment?
Nope, returned passport, asked to send the passports along with missing documents via dropbox. No communication for scheduling an appointment earlier