IR5 entry from India for parents

Please share your parent's travel experience, were they able to travel to US? We recently got the IR5 and want to travel soon. Any info is helpful
We are parents of usa citizen and we got our visa approved today. So now we are planning to travel in 2 weeks. Our daughter Is 2nd year medical student and she is having white coat ceremony on 22nd August so immigrant officer said yeah you will be able to travel before that so that means there should not be any hurdle

Could you also post the letter that you sent to your Congressman. It will help us to reach out to our congressman. Thank you
Hello Meet, it was so generic like "
Hope all is well. I got the email form one of our friends. I need your help regarding my father's immigration issue. My father green card is expired and he wants to renew it as soon as possible but Mumbai embassy is not open. Please advise. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Have a great day". Later on they assigned one person from the department to take care of my case. Please let me know if you have any questions!

How many days it takes passport to arrive after approval?
If you selected 'Premium Delivery' then it should come in 3/4 days via BlueDart. My parent's passport was delayed, may be because of rain and flooding issues in Maharashtra. Here is tracking info to give you sense of when you should get it (consulate interview was on 20th):

1627574788723.png

We are parents of usa citizen and we got our visa approved today. So now we are planning to travel in 2 weeks. Our daughter Is 2nd year medical student and she is having white coat ceremony on 22nd August so immigrant officer said yeah you will be able to travel before that so that means there should not be any hurdle
Which airline is taking IR5 passengers?

Has anyone traveled to U.S. on IR-5 visa? Which airlines are taking passengers. My parents visa was approved yesterday in Mumbai and are looking to travel soon.

Your parents came to USA? How was their trip?
Yes, they traveled in June 28-29 via united MAA-DEL-EWR-CVG. In chennai the airport officials argued about valid visa, i had given my parents this link https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...id-19-travel-restrictions-and-exceptions.html, in the second para, it states immigrant visas are exempt.....officials created drama but let them board in chennai, at delhi, they just checked, no issues,

EWR immigration- they had a 6 hr window but immigration took about 4 hrs...they missed their connection....most of the immigrants that day went though secondary processing....GC received exactly in a month.

Yes, they traveled in June 28-29 via united MAA-DEL-EWR-CVG. In chennai the airport officials argued about valid visa, i had given my parents this link https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...id-19-travel-restrictions-and-exceptions.html, in the second para, it states immigrant visas are exempt.....officials created drama but let them board in chennai, at delhi, they just checked, no issues,

EWR immigration- they had a 6 hr window but immigration took about 4 hrs...they missed their connection....most of the immigrants that day went though secondary processing....GC received exactly in a month.
Also, used united airlines