IR5 entry from India for parents

My parents also received a letter to schedule an appointment. However, there are no slots at the moment. For those who successfully got an appointment, can you please shed some light on at what time of the day you booked the slot and any other tips?

Many thanks!
I booked on July 10th for 28th July OFC and August 4th Mumbai Consulate Interview. It was around 6 AM IST.

Last edited:
My son is a U.S. national by birth

My daughter who is an Indian national is around 22yrs old and is working in Bloomberg L.P. wd package of 25lakh yearly

She has completed her Cfa level – 1 with 93 percentile and is to appear for the level-2 in Nov.2021. I would like to know her chances of getting a tourist visa to U.S.A. / other visa category. My wife and I recently got our IR5 visa renewed

Has anyone traveled to U.S. on IR-5 visa? Which airlines are taking passengers. My parents visa was approved yesterday in Mumbai and are looking to travel soon.
hi can you please tell around when your parents were documentarily qualified. Thank you really appreciate your reply

My mother got her IR5 expired visa renewed.
First PCC from 2019, it wasn’t 2 years completed yet, but we got a new one done.
Medical done from Hyderabad- had to show mumbai appt letter, copy of DS260 and other requested docs in the medical appt email. For DS260, We didn’t had any updates from the last year one. I had to email them at the clinic as my mother didn’t carried with her and wasn’t listed in the docs to carry. Looks like they need DS260 to tie medical report against it.
For the mumbai appt, PCC, medical packet, copy of DS260, passport copy, 2 photos(which were returned back to her) , passport and fees is what they asked for.
Good luck every one!

First PCC from 2019, it wasn’t 2 years completed yet, but we got a new one done.
Medical done from Hyderabad- had to show mumbai appt letter, copy of DS260 and other requested docs in the medical appt email. For DS260, We didn’t had any updates from the last year one. I had to email them at the clinic as my mother didn’t carried with her and wasn’t listed in the docs to carry. Looks like they need DS260 to tie medical report against it.
For the mumbai appt, PCC, medical packet, copy of DS260, passport copy, 2 photos(which were returned back to her) , passport and fees is what they asked for.
Good luck every one!
Did she got intimation from Mumbai consulate?what was date of expiry of her old IR 5 visa ?
My appointment is on 7sept

Good luck every one!
Thank u for this information!

Did she got intimation from Mumbai consulate?what was date of expiry of her old IR 5 visa ?
My appointment is on 7sept
No. I just took the appt. My mom’s visa got expired in April, 2020. Called consulate support and emailed so many times, they are hopeless. Phone call guys always used to say, wait for the consulate communication. For expired visa, why would they communicate. I have questioned them many times. Same standard answer. With the Mumbai appt letter which we get in an email, we used for medical and also at the consulate gate. They don’t check any communication letter.
I was worried, but it went smoothly.

No. I just took the appt. My mom’s visa got expired in April, 2020. Called consulate support and emailed so many times, they are hopeless. Phone call guys always used to say, wait for the consulate communication. For expired visa, why would they communicate. I have questioned them many times. Same standard answer. With the Mumbai appt letter which we get in an email, we used for medical and also at the consulate gate. They don’t check any communication letter.
I was worried, but it went smoothly.
Thank

For IR-5 interview, my wife got 221(g) letter to submit old passport that had non-immigrant visa. Officer explained that visa need to be cancelled before immigrant visa be stamped in current passport.

While taking appointment with 221(g) option, she didn't get VAC options, rather she got calendar. Selecting a date and time on it, she got Mumbai Consulate appointment. Letter does mention 221(g) in it. Is this a valid appointment?

IR5, DQ Jan 2020, IV cancelled in April 2021, trying to reschedule. Got email from consulate that I can use expedite option. In expedite IV option, when I choose Mumbai VAC, it show plenty of dates and appointments, but when I select one, it says no appointment available.

IR5, DQ Jan 2020, IV cancelled in April 2021, trying to reschedule. Got email from consulate that I can use expedite option. In expedite IV option, when I choose Mumbai VAC, it show plenty of dates and appointments, but when I select one, it says no appointment available.
This has happened to me too, keep trying at different day/times and you will get both i.e. VAC and then Consulate calendars for appointment.

This has happened to me too, keep trying at different day/times and you will get both i.e. VAC and then Consulate calendars for appointment.
Thanks! Been trying it for. along time. A lot of dates now show up for sept today but it only lets me try 5 times before blocking the account. So I have to be careful not to click too many times. All dates show 5-8 slots but when I click, it shows no appointment available. Will keep trying.

My account also got locked out for 72 hours multiple times. I was able to try 7-8 times in 24 hours without getting blocked. What I have noticed is that there is no fixed time when appointment becomes available. I got most appointments between 5 am to 10 am IST.

Has anyone done medical at Chennai? Are they open on Saturday? How long does it take to get results? Do you send the results electronically to Mumbai or provide us with a sealed envelope? Thanks.