Iowa SESA Tracker

ANY BODY FROM IOWA HERE

Hello Guys

Is there any body here who live in IOWA , I just need the information about IOWA STATE DIFFERENT AREAS . I may relocate from NEWYORK to IOWA .

Just want to know in which area there are a lot of PAKISTANIES AS WELL INDIANS and as well as how much is the cost of living ?
which area is crime free ? etc etc

Thks a lot

tanveer45@hotmail.com

Guys,
My lawyer sent my paper to IOWA STATE LABOR on 10/17 , When should i expect my case will be completed in IOWA and go to Chicago Federal.

thanks,
SPB999

it was current last month.... looks pending by 2months ....So wait for 2 months before checking to see if forwarded to DOL

Mine was applied on 10/10 .....

val_lc_laborious

PS : Does anyone know how to check for IOWA SESA level status.....phone no would be appreciated

What i Meant was pending for 2 months....Current month being OCtober, cases are now being processsed for Aug...Any idea whether September are being processed......Any idea how long for Aug to complete.....

va_lc_laborious,
I just called the IOWA Dept of labor, and talked to the one of the associates & he told me that now the dates are Current for RIR Permanent Labor Certification. So looks like they are moving quickly.

va_lc_laborious please check with your lawyer whether they received any status on your case from IOWA.

Thanks,
SPB999

Current for RIR Permanent Labor Certification

Not current

Its not current, my LC is pending since 16Sep and I know few LC pending since last week of Aug.

Thanks
Rajeev

Rajeev,
I talked to John Macdonald yesterday afternoon at 515-281-9336 and he only told me that the RIR dates are current now. Please check with your lawyer whether they received any info or not from IOWA.

Might me some cases might get stuck because of some other reasons or problems also.

Rajeev,

check with lawyers to see if your case was sent to Chicago DOL, and also get the case number, so you can track on that site!!

Guys,
Again checked today with IOWA State Labor, dates are now current for RIR Permanent Labor certification.

Thanks,
SPB999

Though it's current, it will take a month to forward your case to DOL. You will come to know about your LC status after 4-6 weeks. Please check my case status in this thread. When I applied for my LC, they told me that it was current.

AKSHAR,
After how many days you received the receipt for ur case from IOWA STATE?

Thanks,
SPB999

You will receive a receipt from SESA, IA within 2-3 weeks.
You will also receive a letter within 4-6 weeks which is saying that your case been forwarded to DOL
or
You can check whether your case has been forwarded to DOL by the following method:
Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A

Hope it helps.
Ashkar.

Hi Ashkar,

Since you are going through the IOWA/Chicago labor certification, I wanted to know your impression of how they are treating the IT professional Labor certifications. I mean are they remanding all the applications or are they only doing selectively. Your response would be greatly appreciated. If others have experience, please post your opinion. Thanks a lot.

There are more approval than denial cases. Chicago DOL is processing cases slowly nowadays. Hope it will change.

Guys,
Iowa state dept of Labor are about to finish processing the RIR appliction for Oct & going to Start Nov , I talked to IOWA SESA Analyst today afternoon.

Is it true that IOWA SESA don't assign case number for RIR cases? When I talked to the Analyst he told me that for RIR case no case nunmber is assigned, only thing is they will send receipt & letter to my lawyer as when it is moved to CHICAGO DOL.

Askhar, is the above thing true about case number?

Thanks,
SPB999

SPB999:
Yes, IOWA SESA won't assign any case numbers. They are not receiving more cases. It seems that more people are applying nowadays for Labor.
Please don't call the Analyst frequently. It's not advisable.

ASHKAR,
I dont call them frequently, I called last week for dates and today for case no as i dont have case no, my lawyer are not that punctual, so i only have to look for my case.

how many days will it take to receive the receipt?

thanks,
spb999