Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

akmount, you said your case is EB2 category. So, as imawaiting said, visa numbers are still available. Also, is your wife's A # on the interview letter? Sometimes they just put their A# but not name. Third, and most important, take an infopass appt. for Hartford office, go their with your interview letter and previous fingerprint document and tell them that you have an interview, but your fingerprint expired. They will give you fingerprint appt and then go to the finger print office. Go to Hartford and to the interview with your wife. They may be able to pull out the files and do it together.

Finally, Jannanwill and imawaiting, thanks a lot for praying for me. You both are wonderful in helping me. Thanks for the info that EB2 numbers are still available. I will let you know whatever happens.

Extremely Sorry

Pibo,
I did the blunder while typing the most crucial information. Sorry about that. My case is actually EB-3.

Thanks for your expert advises.

So, what are they going to do if there are no visa numbers available? Would they call for interview again or just send the green cards in October directly?

Employer's Tax returns: Also, they have asked for employer's 3 years tax returns and my company seems to be little reluctant to provide me copies of their tax returns. And my attorney is saying "You do not need company's Tax returns at this stage. They were submitted with the RFE response. If required, we can submit the same in sealed envelope to the USCIS on behalf of company". I have no idea what he means by "if required".
What would you suggest?

I-864 Document:The financial sponsor on Form I-864 must be prepared to submit copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years, current employment letter w/ pay stubs.
Question: Do I really need this document for employment based GC?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
akmount said:
Pibo,
I did the blunder while typing the most crucial information. Sorry about that. My case is actually EB-3.

Thanks for your expert advises.

So, what are they going to do if there are no visa numbers available? Would they call for interview again or just send the green cards in October directly?

Employer's Tax returns: Also, they have asked for employer's 3 years tax returns and my company seems to be little reluctant to provide me copies of their tax returns. And my attorney is saying "You do not need company's Tax returns at this stage. They were submitted with the RFE response. If required, we can submit the same in sealed envelope to the USCIS on behalf of company". I have no idea what he means by "if required".
What would you suggest?

I-864 Document:The financial sponsor on Form I-864 must be prepared to submit copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years, current employment letter w/ pay stubs.
Question: Do I really need this document for employment based GC?

Thanks.

we were interviewed in mid August and the officer asked for 2004 personal tax return, employment letter, paystubs so handed them to him (in my opinion these are the documents, to the minimum, you have to prepare for). regarding the company's tax returns we did prepare them but weren't asked for them. what your attorney said seems to make sense but it depends on the officer. good luck.

greenie

pibo said:
akmount, you said your case is EB2 category. So, as imawaiting said, visa numbers are still available. Also, is your wife's A # on the interview letter? Sometimes they just put their A# but not name. Third, and most important, take an infopass appt. for Hartford office, go their with your interview letter and previous fingerprint document and tell them that you have an interview, but your fingerprint expired. They will give you fingerprint appt and then go to the finger print office. Go to Hartford and to the interview with your wife. They may be able to pull out the files and do it together.

Finally, Jannanwill and imawaiting, thanks a lot for praying for me. You both are wonderful in helping me. Thanks for the info that EB2 numbers are still available. I will let you know whatever happens.

yes, pibo, my attorney also said eb2 is still available. you'll get it, don't worry.

greenie

Hi Imawaiting:

Home was great. you could never imagine the joy and emotions that ran through me when I landed. It was very hot but I had so much fun. I'm really hoping for everyone to be free very soon so they can experience the joy I felt. Please take care of your self now and if we don't talk again online please know that I wish you and your family all the very best in life. God bless you all.

akamount:

i had the same two documents on my list. i did not get the three years tax returns from my boss. However I went to the interview and was not asked for it.

The other item would not apply as it is an affivadavit of support. I864.

However try to get the taxes or an IRS transcript from your employer. If you don't get it just hope for the best that you will get an officer that is not hard on you.

Pibo

Your welcome. And I'll continue to pray fro you.
God bless.

Guys, Do you have any idea how frequently the name checks are done? Is it once in the whole 485 process or does it expire after a certain time like the finger print check?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

also, jannanwill, imawaiting and others, did you guys find out when your name check was done? mine was in 2003 and do not know they are still current.

Well pibo it has been 1 week so I am assuming the big day is sometime next week, as far as I have heard your name check is only done once are your fingerprints current? make sure you have W2's and tax returns we submitted 02/03/04. also you can take along MArriage certificates, birth certificates old EAD cards Social Security cards I did, he asked to look at my marriage certificate but he had a copy right under his nose!!!

Good Luck my fingers are crossed. and for everyone else as October approaches Visa availabilty should be out soon. lets hope we can get all the Hartford family a Happy Ending.

Winning interview

i have an EB-3 case pending. My sponsored job is in a different field from my current employment and pays much, much lower salary. I am concerned that during the interview, the officer might give me a hard time, saying why I am accepting a lower-paying job. (My sponsored job pays the amount mentioned in the labor certificate.)
I can tell the officer that I don't want to continue my current job becasue it is highly stressful and not conducive to my health. i want a less stressful job.
Otherwise, I can say I want to do both the jobs. I have w2s from my sponsored job for the past two years.
What's your suggestion? Thanks for your help.

interview over and passport stamped

:D Guys, it is our prayers and god's grace that our interview was done yesterday and passport was stamped before this new horrifying visa bulletin was out. It was very long, hectic and stressful day, but finally we did smile.

The interview time was 9:40 am and we reached hartford around 8:20 am, went inside. THey called us around 11:15am and asked the routine questions. Then the officer said" you know the visa situation, right?". We mentioned that we are EB2. She said that "no, you are EB3". Then the lawyer showed the papers that we are EB2. The officer mentioned that the file was processed as EB3 all thoughout because of any clerical mistake. Then she asked the routine questions and asked for birth certificate, marriage certificate, I-20's, EAD's, AP'S etc. Then she told us to wait outside for visa number. She came back after 45 mins and said to come back after 2 hours as she did not get any confirmations from the visa number office. We were really nervous, and went back after 2 hours. Then again waited there for 45 mins. Finaly, the officer came with our passport stamped. :D

Thanks a lot to you all, specially jannanwill and imawaiting. Now I have a question. Jannan and imawaiting, how long does it take for you to get the green card by mail? also, did you online 485 status changed after 485 approval?

Thanks.

Congratulations

WELL DONE

You have made my day today.. I lift my glass and welcome you to another world one door as now closed and the rest will now open for you. I can imagine the feeling of high right now as JAnnan and myself had experienced I have not yet checked in the visa bulletin situation so I hope it is good for the rest of our Hartford waiters.

Once again Pibo Congratulations to you and your family for some reason I felt you would pull it off..

Your file will now be sent to VSC to create your permanant record you will receive a welcome notice WITHIN a couple of weeks and the card follows a few days after that.
if you need to travel you have your stamp the only thing is when you come back into the USA they take you into the office just to verify it is you. but they do catergorize you American passports are dealt with 1st so you may have a little wait. but your cards will be through soon. Your 485 status is no longer valid on once your case was transferred but you will get a new one on your welcome notice as you are now filed to I181 (I think) Creation of permanant record where you can find the status of your GC process

Thanks SMT. did you get your welcome letter or plastic cards yet? Also, did you wait a lot for your passport stamping? Also, does the stamp has any approval number? Mine does not. I have only the A #.

hey pibo,

heartly congratulations man! you made it! I was following your posts starting from I-140 section.

Enjoy and good luck.

Thanks A Lot. I Hope That The Stamp Is Valid (as Retrogression Happened The Next Day And We Had To Wait For 3.5 Hours For Approval Fopr Visa #).

Pibo will you stop worrying thats it you are complete they would not have stamped you passport if there was no visa # available. my stamp says I551 my alien number and officer signature. I left you a reply already but pasted again if you never read it. your worrying can stop you are all done.

WELL DONE

You have made my day today.. I lift my glass and welcome you to another world one door as now closed and the rest will now open for you. I can imagine the feeling of high right now as JAnnan and myself had experienced I have not yet checked in the visa bulletin situation so I hope it is good for the rest of our Hartford waiters.

Once again Pibo Congratulations to you and your family for some reason I felt you would pull it off..

Your file will now be sent to VSC to create your permanant record you will receive a welcome notice WITHIN a couple of weeks and the card follows a few days after that.
if you need to travel you have your stamp the only thing is when you come back into the USA they take you into the office just to verify it is you. but they do catergorize you American passports are dealt with 1st so you may have a little wait. but your cards will be through soon. Your 485 status is no longer valid on once your case was transferred but you will get a new one on your welcome notice as you are now filed to I181 (I think) Creation of permanant record where you can find the status of your GC process

Imawaiting, thanks. I definitely read your reply. Now jannan, imawaiting, SMT, I have a few questions. Did you go to a different room and gave finger print? Also, did they ask you to bring photos?

For me, when I entered she told me to sign and took finger print of index finger. She did not ask us for photos or any other finger print. Please try to remember the sequence and please reply. Actually, I know that I should stop worrying, but the visa # situation made me crazy :(

Hi Pibo

you have a lot of doubts for someone who has been approved haha
I never took pictures I had to go into another room 421 I think gave my fingerprint and signature no photo the picture that came on my GC was the original photo I sent with the 485 application.
listen you have your approval right there my case was approved June 20 and I never got anything only a verbal approval on June 27th and my paperwork came through July 19th at least you have your stamp that is proof enough.
Like I said don't worry they would not have stamped your passport had there not been a number available for you. you will get your letter soon enough here is a thought goto your Soccial security office and have the conditions removed off your number that will convince you it is all valid.
Stop Fretting and enjoy!!!

Hi Imawaiting, thanks for your reply. Actually I am so used to being sad for the GC situation that somehow I am picking faults for being sad :eek:

I will wait for the welcome letter and the actual card and then go to SSN office probably.

pibo

Oh I know what you mean although we have everything it istill really hasn't sank in even though we travelled out of the country I guess being in the process for so long and the way our whole situation ended up. my hope now is that everyone else pending in Hartford will get theirs I read about the retrogression that is unbelievable.

did someone else have an interview at the end of the month???

Interview this month

Yes, I have interview next week. (EB3).
Don't know how this visa number and retrogression is going to affect my case.