Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

1moreday said:
What forms and documents did you use?

Hi,

I used form I131.
I submited copy of my 485 recepit notice and copy of the letter I got from ins saying my application is transfered to Hardford, copy of my passport, copy of my old AP, copy of my dirver license etc. They ask for all the orignal old AP.

imawaiting said:
Hi Janan

I just wanted to know when your EAD was due to expire mine should expire in September which my case SHOULD be dealt with by then fingers crossed anybody else have same situation. it means another I765 each application and lawyers fee's (new charge for applying for too many EAD's)

TD 06/15/2004 (485 RD 08/xx/2003) Approved 01/26/2005 - edvttores
TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/07/2002) Approved 03/02/2005 - Mike Metal
TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD xx/xx/2002) Approved 12/22/2004 - GPT_AMIT
TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2002) (actual TD Oct 2003) - imwaiting
TD 08/xx/2004 (485 RD 09/xx/2002) - SMT
TD 08/12/2004 (485 RD 07/xx/2002, Third FP 11/2004) - GSSR
TD 08/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/2002) - janannwill
TD 10/xx/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2004) - greenie05
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - pibo
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - Anindya
TD 11/16/2004 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3) - FH_MIET
TD 12/16/2004 (485 RD 10/01/2002 EB1) - AHHA2005_7
TD 12/27/2004 (485 RD 10/20/2003 - Transfer CSC) - akmount

my 3rd EAD will expire on Aug. thinking about applying by end of may

imawaiting, you may just apply for EAD by yourself. You can save the lawyer's fee that way. I just applied in dec and got my card in feb, so I can answer any questions that you may have.
pibo

hi imawaiting,

Even I renewd 2 times my EAd without lawyer. 3rd time also I am going to do that.

smt

EAD will expire May 19, 2005. Renewed them via efiling on line on March 1st. Called 800 # a week later and schedule appointment to do biometrics. Did biometrics april 12th. Checked status on april 22 and see that case was approved. I have not received anything by mail as yet. I wish I485 was this easy.

Went to Hartford

Guys, I went to hartford today. They told me now that it takes 18 months. My case is not given to any officer yet! One officer was kind of weird and she said 18 months, when our officer asked her about the time. Also, they said that the interview process/scheduleing is something that they do not know a lot about as they are only a information center!!!

Do not know what to say. I saw a lot of people in the interview room 421. so, they are still scheduling interview. I saw some indians too. I don't know if they come to this site or not. In that case we would have an idea about their TD. I asked a european about his date. He did not understand much english. After few minutes, I could understand that either his application/TD (don't know what that was) was oct, 04!!!!

So my hartford visit was not very fruitful.

pibo

pibo said:
Guys, I went to hartford today. They told me now that it takes 18 months. My case is not given to any officer yet! One officer was kind of weird and she said 18 months, when our officer asked her about the time. Also, they said that the interview process/scheduleing is something that they do not know a lot about as they are only a information center!!!

Do not know what to say. I saw a lot of people in the interview room 421. so, they are still scheduling interview. I saw some indians too. I don't know if they come to this site or not. In that case we would have an idea about their TD. I asked a european about his date. He did not understand much english. After few minutes, I could understand that either his application/TD (don't know what that was) was oct, 04!!!!

So my hartford visit was not very fruitful.

pibo

Hey pibo... i heard the same 18-month story when I went there about a month ago.

basically they do not know anything! I was wondering if I could go towards the interview room and ask few more people specially indians about their transfer dates. Because the person whom I asked was european and the case may not be job related. Let's see when the aug people get their interview.

pibo

They replied "they are a completely different office from us, we are just the information center".

I even asked that the published date on the web is june, which suggests that it is taking ~9 months, but their answer was 18 month.

pibo said:
They replied "they are a completely different office from us, we are just the information center".

I even asked that the published date on the web is june, which suggests that it is taking ~9 months, but their answer was 18 month.

The processing dates are for normal I-485 filed at local office, not for transferred cases. there are no specific information on transferred cases on the CIS website.

Any visited Hartford Office Recently?

Folks,

During our visit to Hartford office last week (4/25/05) we noticed there were quite a few people questioning about the Interview and appeaing for the Interview. I am not sure whether they are already part iof this forum or not. However, if anyone of you happened to read this post who has visited "Infamous" Hartford USCIS office last week, please do share your experience regarding App Transfer date / wait time/ Interview date etc.

It would certainly help fellow memebers ( :D )of this forum who have been patiently waiting (I doubt!!!) forever for the arrival of Harford USCIS Interview letter !!

During our visit we were told the typical response of "18 months from the date of transfer", whereas all other local centers are progressing steadily.
:mad:

Cheers

PIBO

Went to hartford yesterday.

Hi,

Went to Hartford yesterday. Status is the same. they didn't give any other info. They told. They don't know when it is going to happen. Added they have a lot of pending cases. Don't look the date on the net. it is not true. we look at the interview room only one family was there. They are not Indians and didn't able get anything from them

SMT, that date in the internet may be true as there is no pending cases in this forum those are transferred in june. I am very frustrated as you all are and just can't take it anymore.

The day I went there, there were atleast 20 people in the interview room. It may depend on the time you go there. I went in the afternoon.

pibo

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked on the USCIS Website and found that all family based 485 filings sholuld be mailed to Chicago center effective April 1st 2005.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/20050330directmail.pdf
I am not sure whether this has resulted in moving processing Dates at most centers (amazingly all the centers updated their current processing date on April 21st) - which could be a good news for the future cases filed / transferred at local offices.

I still believe that the backlog of 5000 cases are sitting at Hartford and delaying our processing dates. All other centers have moved to atleast September/October 2004 for TD cases.

Anyway whoeve gets the first good news, please do share it here, it will usher new hope in the mind of few unfortune souls !!!

Whew!! I became philanthropic dealing with Hartford USCIS.

Pibo.

pibo said:
I checked on the USCIS Website and found that all family based 485 filings sholuld be mailed to Chicago center effective April 1st 2005.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/20050330directmail.pdf
I am not sure whether this has resulted in moving processing Dates at most centers (amazingly all the centers updated their current processing date on April 21st) - which could be a good news for the future cases filed / transferred at local offices.

I still believe that the backlog of 5000 cases are sitting at Hartford and delaying our processing dates. All other centers have moved to atleast September/October 2004 for TD cases.

Anyway whoeve gets the first good news, please do share it here, it will usher new hope in the mind of few unfortune souls !!!

Whew!! I became philanthropic dealing with Hartford USCIS.

Pibo.

The processing dates for Transferred cases are not available on the USCIS website. those dates are for normal I-485 filed at local offices. There are no specific information on the processing dates for transferred cases.

it is very frustrating because i saw in I-485 forum that many I-485 nowdays are approved in 10 months. but cases which are transferred to Hartford after years of waiting have to be sitting there for another year or more.

TD 06/15/2004 (485 RD 08/xx/2003) Approved 01/26/2005 - edvttores
TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/07/2002) Approved 03/02/2005 - Mike Metal
TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD xx/xx/2002) Approved 12/22/2004 - GPT_AMIT
TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2002) (actual TD Oct 2003) - imwaiting
TD 08/xx/2004 (485 RD 09/xx/2002) - SMT
TD 08/12/2004 (485 RD 07/xx/2002, Third FP 11/2004) - GSSR
TD 08/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/2002) - janannwill
TD 10/xx/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2004) - greenie05
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - pibo
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - Anindya
TD 11/16/2004 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3) - FH_MIET
TD 12/16/2004 (485 RD 10/01/2002 EB1) - AHHA2005_7
TD 12/27/2004 (485 RD 10/20/2003 - Transfer CSC) - akmount

OK if we follow the transfers interviewed already it is ranging in the 7-9 months Aug 04 is just coming up for 8 months so we may start to see interview notices coming through, also we have no July transfer cases so until the 1st aug one comes through we are jsut waiting. I noticed NEW York is on Jul- Sept 04 so we seem to be running alongside all the other local transfers. Unfortunatley making hte trek to HArtofrd seems pointless as they are only giving out longer time frames and upsetting all who have been waiting 4 ever.

First post

Hello Everybody,

I just subscribed for this great forums but I've been quiet reader for many months. So this is my Hartford case (I am not even sure was it transfered case or not)

HISTORY:

1. 4/2004 - I applied for green card based on marriage (and for employment card and travel parole)

2. 6/2004 - did biometrics

3. 7/2004 - got approved for employment and traveling document

4. 3/2005 - got interview; waited 2 hours for it; lasted approximately 45 min. - Everything went well, except immigration officer discovered that US embassy in my country issued me wrong visa. Btw. I used that visa without problem to get in/out USA - so much about Homeland Security. She said that my wife and I are all set, and that visa mistake is not my fault. But visa issue should be checked with her supervisor, since she had no authority to make the decision that everything is ok (I guess). Also, she said that soon (within a week or two) we should get Snail-mail to get my paper/passport stamped and/or get green card. Still waiting on that.

Question asked during interview:
a) Oath.
b) Does my wife have enough money to support us? All bunch of questions about that.
c) She checked all dates in order to be sure that I did not violate my visa status in USA.
d) She wanted to see some photographs, credit card statement, proof of living at my address (e.g. bank statement)...Shortly 40% of all document which were listed at form I-797C, notice of action (invitation for interview). We brought all listed documents and little bit more. But sure thing we missed one paper, transcripts from my ex-school (as a proof of being in school while I was not married). What I learned from my experiences with INS so far is to bring all the documents which I have at home, since I never know what they going to ask for. Furthermore, IO grilled me out to find all little details about my visa status. All in all, it was not too bad. At the end, she did not ask for any additional documents and seemed content and happy with everything.

5. Two weeks later Called 1-800-375-5283 to ask for the status of my case. I was advised to schedule appointment with Infopass.

6. 4/2005 – scheduled appointment thru infopass and waited for 3 hours just to be told that that my immigration officer is not there (I brought my transcripts just in case). Immigration clerk delivered my transcripts on immigration officer desk. Purpouse for meeting was to check the status of my case.

7. 5/2005 - scheduled appointment and waited for 1 hour, I was told by the immigration clerk (guy on the counter) that INS is running background check on me. So my case is pending. He also advised me that I might renew my employment card because (as he said) there is woman with background-check-case-pending over the 19 months :confused:. Purpouse for meeting was, again, to check the status of my case.

QUESTIONS FOR EVERYBODY:

1. Is there official time frame within one's case MUST be resolved by law?
2. How long is that time frame?
3. Do you think that I should renew my employment card since it will expire in 7/2005?
4. Is there any way to check the status of my background check?
5. Any ideas and/or advices what should I do and what actions should I take regarding everything?

Thanks a lot for your help and comments - all help is highly appreciated.

Stamped, or not stamped that is the question. :D

UPDATE:

5/19/05 Applied for renewal of EAD (working permit), submitted application online.

5/25/05 Called 1-800-375-5283 to inquire about my case (to ask why is it delayed). CSR (customer service repres.) sent inquiry to local Hartford office. She was able to do that ONLY after the deadline was met for my case (deadline was around 5/2005 approx. 1 year after the submission of I-485). I believe that calling made things pushed up a bit.

6/1/05 I got the Green Card.

6/5/05 Cancelled application for EAD.

THE END

Big thanks to everybody who directly and indirectly helped me to solve this issue.

Good luck to all.

JKa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there is a thread in 485 issues in vermont where you can email to find out the name check situation. I will find the link for you but it takes a while for them to respond. If your EAD is up in July you better apply now. HArtford is snail slow I know its a $175 but it is better than taking the risk of being without it, you can slways check to see if you can get a refund if your 485 approves before the EAD. I don't think that there is a time frame if you ask me I think they make their rules up as they go along. Sorry I can't be of much help but just when you think you have USCIS figured out they go and change everything.
Good Luck.