Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Sorry for the late response.

Redragon ... I sent e-mail to the attorney asking if he got a copy of the AOS appointement - no reply. I guess my priority has dropped. The letter I got had a CC to the attorney.

CamSreeni ... I had to give the original I-140.

RDP_2001?

rdp_2001?

What's your interview status? as indxxx interview is over and his dates are close to ur dates..if you haven't received your interview letter yo might want to go to hartford office and find the status...that could speed up....

please let us know your status

Thanks

EAD Renewal

Hi,

I went to Hartford Ins office for my EAD renewal, Which is expiring in Jan'04. But to my surprise..as soon as I gave my application they gave me appointment letter to pick up my EAD on Nov 4th. Looks like they are issuing EAD...in 30 days. If anyone is planning for renew you can think of..but go ther n find out, before you take any decision.

Reg my 485...they said..It should come any time now.

Expecting our approval very soon. With GOD all things are possible.

Hello,
Sorry little late....
I had been to hartford office for AP of my wife and they told me that, as you are applying it your 485 will be delayed. Becuase we have to pick up your file from the queue (something). This is kind of warning they had given and then accepted the AP application.
I do not kow, what they are upto. Mine case transferred on 1st Aug'2003 and till now no interview call.
Camshreeni - Good news as they are saying your will be very soon although your case transferred in Oct'2001.

Good Luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave my 2'nd FP

I called FBI and found that the FP's were processed on the same day i.e 10/16/03 and were sent back to the regional office(i guess VSC).
They said that the local offices will have access to the regional databases i. like VSC ,CSC etc..

Does anybody have any idea how the FP's will be sent to Local Offices...i mean the time length for them to reach local offices...
manually or electronically?

i got my FP on 10/14/03 and were scheduled on 10/17/03..
Had to give my FP out of state(CT) as i am on short term project and could not give them in hartford as ther wasn't much time.

waiting for the interview call.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

We had our finger prints long time back..that is alomost 4 months+...When we enquired at FBI..they told us..it was sent to INS on the same day.

Recently, when we went for EAD renew...when I eqnuired about it..they said..did u gave ur finger prints..we said yes...they said..we are waiting for your finger prints to receive...If someone has any update on this..let us know....

Expecting our 485 Approval very soon.....

Cards Received

On Friday (10/24/03) we received a letter indicating that permanent residency records have been created and to expect the plastic cards in 3 weeks. Yesterday (10/27/03) we received the plastic cards.

Best of luck on your AOS cases!!!

RD: 8/10/2001
TD: 8/5/2002
ID: 8/14/2003

This is not FAir

Its bad enough that you have to spend years in a cupboard at VSC but when they start making progress they go and transfer you to a local office.. to join yet another few years of back log from what I can read it seems that it is taking a year for an interview or approval its like they have transferred your case and all the years you have waited have gone down the pan and they start you as a new application with a 365 day wait and longer in some cases my case was only transferred on oct 31st I was hoping to go to wedding in may but its looking very bleak now!!!
Something needs to be done!!

PD apr 2001
RD June 2002
TD Oct 2003

Anybody transferred to Hartford its seems to have gone quiet in here I need to understand what this means does the RD for 485 at VSC get erased and a whole new RD get established that means we are looking at 365 days from it filed there this is not fair my case is a straight forward EB3 no changing employer or addresses or anything and they transferred it ....... Is there any way we can track what is going on in Hartford USCIS.... anyone..
How long has the wait been for your interview date .. is HArtford receiving alot of transfers will this create an even bigger backlog!!! any ideas

Please anybody what has happened to all those transferred to Hartford any newbies if that is the case then Hartford should be upto current dates!!!!!

As per This website only
I-485 transaferred cases taking 390 days. But I am waiting since last 15 months....

AOS Approved After Interview :)

Hi all,

Just wanted share the good news that my 485 is approved after a very brief Interview on 11/13/03

Interview Details.

Received interview letter on 11/06/03 (Short Notice).
Interview Time : 8.45 am

Went around 8.30 am dropped off the letter as instructed and was called in for interview at exactly 8.45 am.
The Officer took us inside her Cubical and she was sooo polite. She started with our oath's and took the below documents:

FYI : I am using AC 21 portability as i switched my job after 180 days from previous GC sponsoring employer.

She verified Passports for Identification purpose. She verified our current address and Date of births. She verified whether i am working for the same Employer. She asked for New Employer letter after i told her that i am using AC 21 portability.

Documents which officer reviewed:

Employer letter (New Company)
I140 approval
Last years tax return
AP and EAD documents.

She said all our background checks are cleared and hence she is approving the Permanent residency for both of us (Including my wife).
She stamped our passports and afterwards we gave our finger prints for plastic card(I-551).
The Officer was very polite and Courteous.

Thats it guys. It was just 15 minutes Interview for all these years of painful process. :)

All we need is to get to this Interview Point as the Interview is very Simple.

I wanted to thank you all for all the information Xchange on this Portal which was very much helpful to hang on for this long long GC process.

RD 10/22/01
TD 09/24/02
ID 11/13/03

Thanks Again for all your postings and have a Good weekend.

Wish You all the best guys and May God Bless You All.

rdp_2001

I would suggest you to go to hartford INS office and find your 485 status since almost all the cases transferred during Aug, Sept 2001 have received their interview letters.(including me)

According to hartford INS, the current processing time is 14 months right now for the Xferred cases.

Sometimes it could be that they could have sent your interview letter to a wrong address or its lying in the que but havent scheduled for interview yet...etc....

so i would strongly advise to take a day off and find out the status immidiately

All the best !

waiting times

according to the processing times on this website uscis district office HArtford it is stating that the 485 aplications are processing dates with a receipt date of nov 3rd 03 and if you have not heard from them within 30 days you have to contact them so where can the backlog be??????
I am seeing alot of transfers to alot different district offices but nothing to this office another 14months is hell I have already spent 17 months in line waiting patiently at VSC....
this gets unfairer everyday...... I see one thing that makes you happy then hear another that spoils it........................

Re: waiting times

Be patient.
My Priority Date is Oct'98 and my file is currently waiting in Hartford,CT since 10/09/02. My case was orginally filed with Vermont.

Regards,
Maulik
PS: update 12/04/03 Got Interim EAD today. I suggest you go to Hartford office and speak to an agent in person if your case has taken longer than 14 months. The dates mentioned on the website does not mention transfers. It says if you have applied for I-485 with that office on or before 11/3/3, then yes, you should have heard from us since we are processing applications received on that date.

Originally posted by imawaiting
according to the processing times on this website uscis district office HArtford it is stating that the 485 aplications are processing dates with a receipt date of nov 3rd 03 and if you have not heard from them within 30 days you have to contact them so where can the backlog be??????
I am seeing alot of transfers to alot different district offices but nothing to this office another 14months is hell I have already spent 17 months in line waiting patiently at VSC....
this gets unfairer everyday...... I see one thing that makes you happy then hear another that spoils it........................
:eek: