Indian visa after us citizen

The above is in reply only for a US born child of an asylee.

The SFO consulate is asking for SC and Original Indian Passport(with first US visa) or color copy of GC/EAD/I130. Please all asylees do not apply at SFO consulate for Visas or any other service. They give no service for asylees or derivative asylees. You will waste your time and money.

Are they not asking for surrender certificate or indian passport for visa from persons of indian origin?

Standard Reply for Asylees

;)Below is a format of a standard reply from Travisa for asylees who applied for Entry Visa:

Travisa Outsourcing
965 Mission St #110
San Francisco, CA 94103

Dear Applicant _________

Your Visa Applicaion is still under process with the Indian Government. We are giving you your passport back in case you may need it for any travels.

Once we received the clearance if any is given we will contact you and you will be asked to send in your passport back to us for the issuance of the visa. No extra submission fees will be taken.

Thank you for your consideration and we will be in touch as soon as hear anything about your case.

Sincerely

TOT
Travisa Outsourcing Team.

I still don't get why folks are trying hard on this one. You were an asylee and dissed your cop and now you want to go back & your cop is dissing you. Sounds fair to me. I don't blame Indian Govt in denying visas to ex-asylees of Indian origin. Btw my wife is Indian & I am not...another reason we didn't go through the derivative route.

I still don't get why folks are trying hard on this one. You were an asylee and dissed your cop and now you want to go back & your cop is dissing you. Sounds fair to me. I don't blame Indian Govt in denying visas to ex-asylees of Indian origin. Btw my wife is Indian & I am not...another reason we didn't go through the derivative route.

Sir,

Members are here for solution to their questions not for your judgment and remember every member is in different situation. Some members still have their closed family members in India and they want to see them before they die.

SFO - someone was issued visa.. but there are several other uncertainities

Deleted ... It appears that the female who told me about her getting Indian Visa from SFO consulate may have spread some rumuor only .... Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
SFO consulate is making laws of their own without any directions form Indian Govt.

This is for all of our information on this post guys that CG of SFO is acting on her own and making her own policies without any directions of Indian Govt. In one of her recent meetings with public in sunnyvale, she was asked by one of my friends to produce documentation from Indian Govt. which proves that asylum seekers will go through clearences from New Delhi, and she had no answers for that neither any documentations. Two, she is lying to all of us that she is just following the directions of Indian Govt. and implementing these policies, while the truth is she is making her own laws to harrass innocent people. SFO is getting their directions from Wahington DC embasy, where all these laws are not even known, because if you go there and tell them you have lost your indian passport- they ask you to produce notarized affidavit declaring you have lost it, they do not ask for any color copies of green cards, they don't ask for either your first entered Indian passports and moreover you produce affidavit along with application in morning and you will get visa in evening without any problems. And I am not saying this of my own, I have my uncle who lost his passport almost 10 years back and got visa in one day. My question is if Indian Govt. has not laid down these laws then why she is implementing these policies- just to harrass people or something else. If we all unite together and ask SFO, they can not refuse us answers. Guys lets unite together against this ugly discrimination.

I guess we have to pay the price of being born in India, because other US citizen's(naturalized from other countries) don't have to show GC or any other crap to get visa. I am in a similar situation (US Citizen after Asylum) and undecided which process to follow. I do not have a copy of my GC and I gave original GC when I became citizen. If I get a copy of my GC from USCIS, are they going to give me color copy? I do not think so, so why is CGI asking for color copy? Since original is not available, what If I get creative using photoshop and category on GC is not asylee anymore? Any advice people? Again, If I really had to go to India, via another country is always an option. I do not have to go. I just want the option to be able to go when I want. BTW, I did get a visa on US passport last year (six month) but get did not get a chance to go.

I guess we have to pay the price of being born in India, because other US citizen's(naturalized from other countries) don't have to show GC or any other crap to get visa. I am in a similar situation (US Citizen after Asylum) and undecided which process to follow. I do not have a copy of my GC and I gave original GC when I became citizen. If I get a copy of my GC from USCIS, are they going to give me color copy? I do not think so, so why is CGI asking for color copy? Since original is not available, what If I get creative using photoshop and category on GC is not asylee anymore? Any advice people? Again, If I really had to go to India, via another country is always an option. I do not have to go. I just want the option to be able to go when I want. BTW, I did get a visa on US passport last year (six month) but get did not get a chance to go.

Did you ask for six months visa or this is only they gave you?

I had only asked for six month visa. This was about an year ago before they started asking for GC and other stuff.

I ccompletely agree that if we unite and ask, the CG cannot refuse us answers for this discrimination of human rights.

The pen is mightier than the sword. I have written to the CG SFO to stop this discrimination else we will request the state of CA to stop outsourcing jobs to India. It only takes 200 signatures to initiate a ballot. Beleive me - we do not have enough jobs for Californians and this ballot will be a success. But I do not want Indians to suffer for this insane lady of sfo. She will be solely responsible if we are forced to take action of this kind similar to the state of Ohio.

I am in Los Angeles but willing to attend any peaceful protest at the CG SFO along with my family and friends. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. We also need support from Punjabi Organizations in Bay area to help make this protest successful and to demand answers from the CG. Guys this is the time to do something for us and others in the same situation. We have to make a start and people will start joining soon.

Write your ideas and how we can contribute to stop this human rights discrimination.

This is for all of our information on this post guys that CG of SFO is acting on her own and making her own policies without any directions of Indian Govt. In one of her recent meetings with public in sunnyvale, she was asked by one of my friends to produce documentation from Indian Govt. which proves that asylum seekers will go through clearences from New Delhi, and she had no answers for that neither any documentations. Two, she is lying to all of us that she is just following the directions of Indian Govt. and implementing these policies, while the truth is she is making her own laws to harrass innocent people. SFO is getting their directions from Wahington DC embasy, where all these laws are not even known, because if you go there and tell them you have lost your indian passport- they ask you to produce notarized affidavit declaring you have lost it, they do not ask for any color copies of green cards, they don't ask for either your first entered Indian passports and moreover you produce affidavit along with application in morning and you will get visa in evening without any problems. And I am not saying this of my own, I have my uncle who lost his passport almost 10 years back and got visa in one day. My question is if Indian Govt. has not laid down these laws then why she is implementing these policies- just to harrass people or something else. If we all unite together and ask SFO, they can not refuse us answers. Guys lets unite together against this ugly discrimination.

Hi JIm,
Do you think writing to PM of india and CM of Punjab could help, how many peole do you think we need to sign the letter for effectivenesss, or can a case in indian court can be initiated against her for this human rights violation, discrimination and perverting the laws of her own. what is you idea- do you think she has the power to make laws of her own and policies, because I don't think any ambassador could act on her own to make laws without Govt. consent or without any amendment in constitution- because an ambassador is just a Govt. servant which works according to legislature nor does makes ones own legislature. What's your take on this guys of this form- please help us to resolve this issues of human discrimination. Any ideas and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Your close relative in India (Indian Citizen) can file a law suit in any Indian High Court against the SFO consulate and the Consulate General. They have to produce documents in Court that you are unable to visit them. Documents like birth certificates, passports, etc to establish relationship and the denial letter by Travisa.

As soon as this law suit is filed I am pretty sure the consulate general will be recalled to India as she will have to appear in court.

Yes writing to the CM of Punjab and the PM of India will definitely help. The more people writing these complaints the faster the action will be taken.

If you need any help please do not hesitate. You can even send me a private message.

Hi JIm,
Do you think writing to PM of india and CM of Punjab could help, how many peole do you think we need to sign the letter for effectivenesss, or can a case in indian court can be initiated against her for this human rights violation, discrimination and perverting the laws of her own. what is you idea- do you think she has the power to make laws of her own and policies, because I don't think any ambassador could act on her own to make laws without Govt. consent or without any amendment in constitution- because an ambassador is just a Govt. servant which works according to legislature nor does makes ones own legislature. What's your take on this guys of this form- please help us to resolve this issues of human discrimination. Any ideas and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

I agree with you. I am willing to join also with my family if needed. One more suggestion is to hold rally in front of SFO office. No violence but peaceful protest. Let media cover it and the mean lady will have to take the heat.

Reply from us department of homeland security

Below is the reply received in the mail today

Dear Mr. XYZ

On behalf of Secretary Napolitano, thank you for your letter dated September 1, 2010, regarding your concern about the issuance of Visas to US residents of Indian origin. This letter has been assigned case # 882650.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) understands the concern that prompted you to write. We recognize that the issues in your letter are very important to you. USCIS receives a high volume of letters on a daily basis. Some, like yours, are in the form of comments or suggestions. We thank you for your comments as they are very important to us.

Adopting your suggestions might require a change in the law. The responsibilty for enacting new laws or changing existing laws rests with the US Congress. In light of your interest in this subject, you may also wish to contact your US Senator or US Representative directly to explain your perspective.

If you require additional assistance, forms, or filing instructions, we invite you to visit our website at www.uscis.gov, or contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

We trust that this information is helpful.

Sincerely

Felicia Colvin, Supervisor
USCIS

Dear All
Basically this reply from USCIS has given us the lead that we need to contact our US Senator and US Representative. Kindly pick up the phone or write to them. Your help and sincere effort will help lot of asylees in the same situation.

Good news....got 5 yrs entry visa

:cool:

Dear All

This is the best news after a long time. I got my 5 yrs entry visa. The whole process took only 4 days. If you need more info please send me a pvt message.

I will always be supporting this forum to fight the discrimination.

Thanks and Good Luck to All.

Congrats. Have a safe trip back home.

:cool:

Dear All

This is the best news after a long time. I got my 5 yrs entry visa. The whole process took only 4 days. If you need more info please send me a pvt message.

I will always be supporting this forum to fight the discrimination.

Thanks and Good Luck to All.

Jim89, I was trying to PM you, can you clear some of your old messages so you can start accepting PMs. Thanks Bro.