Indian visa after us citizen

I heard about two people:
one lady in PA, charges $2500 per visa
One guy also in PA, who got visa for two (AS8 category) for $1500 total

Persons of Indian origin: Per requirements of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, if any person of Indian Origin does not want to apply for an Entry, they may apply for a Tourist visa. The Tourist visa, however, is not non convert-able and non extend-able and there will be a stipulation of a gap of at least 2 months between each visit to India on a Tourist visa.

Does that mean, those who are denied Entry,X, visa, can apply for tourist visa?

hi friends I'm new to this thread..
I got US citizenship in April 2010.. i was Asylee too.. i send my passport in 2009 to Houston for re-new as i don't know that time Asylee never get their passport renew..
they never return my passport and send me a letter..do i have to still apply for serender certificate?
please tell me is this is a good time to get Visa..one of my friend From San Fransisco she is in same situation she never get a Visa..
Star215 and Twinkle Twinkle..i saw lot of your posts do u guys know something about my problem? :)
and please do somebody tell me what is Derivative Asylee :) plz plz help me some one i want to go India in October

Hi friends,

I am also new to all this.

I came to USA when i was 15 under my Dad's asylee case. I became citizen few years ago. This is first time i ever applied for the visa and they gave me my passport back with stamp saying ( Visa applied for). I was told by travisia in ny that i should wait or go to the Councel. they took both of my passport ( Inidan and USA) Now they only returned my USA passport. Any advise Plz.

So, what I am hearing from people's experiences is that consulate just keeps their Indian passport & don't issue visas. That's just unfair. Means asylee's can never get visas to visit their family back home. Irony is that the country which is giving asylum (basically a better life) is more tolerant and understanding than the home country.

Check out the newly designed CGI SF website. I also noticed that since outsourcing OCI services to Travisa, the NY jurisdiction seems to have fewer requirements for OCI.

Anyone got visa from SF Office?

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone gets visa from SF office recently or the visa application is still pending due to clearance since 9 months.

Reply would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

I just sent my renunciation application to CGINY. Let's see if they bother me about my passport having expired in 2005...

I will try to apply for OCI after that. I didn't do it simultaneously because I need my passport for the end of the month. Also, since the passport did expire so long ago, they might wonder why I suddenly want OCI to go to India right after getting citizenship when I never renewed my passport for the last 6 years to go to India. This way, they will possibly wonder about the expiration date for the renunciation, but since it's just that, they'll probably let it pass. Then, after a month or so passes, I will submit the OCI application and hopefully it'll be ok. I might not make sense, but I feel better doing it this way.

Also, I think Indians are eligible for 10 year tourist visas again.

Its a good plan...good luck... I also thought of going this way as my previous NP expired in 2006 but because of some other urgency I am letting both Visa application+renounciation stuff go together to a consulate other than SFO...lets see how it goes... Ques: do these consulates care where u work or not ?...any idea as Indian visa form requires this info....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember if the form requires the information. I feel it is optional, no? Otherwise, just say unemployed? I know people are coming to NY and applying here. How are you able to apply at a NON SF consulate? How are you establishing residence there?

Whatever you do dont apply from sf office, if u still go there dont make the mistake of showing ur GC or passport(s) with anything related to asylum on it. i got asylum via parents..citiznshp after nearly 20 years.. applied from ny n got india visa because lost my passport provided police report no GC because got citznshp so no renunciation needed. provide them everything on their list n if they deny argue with them by going in person and talk to a supervisor.. good luck! but again dont apply from sf at all..

So you applied at the NY consulate? What sort of trouble did they give you? I'm asking because I just sent in my application for a surrender certificate, and my passport expired in 05 and I never renewed it.

declined the visa for not giving gc even when provided the lost report for passport notarized.. had to argue that how is it possible to get gc when it was surrendered during citizenship oath? as long as ur expired passport does not mention anything about asylum(code, stamp..) anything you should be okay.if they decline dont give up go back and talk to them and prove your point, talk to person listed on their board of members whatever it takes to make them understand that you've provided everything required listed on application then how could they deny on what basis? there was an article in a punjab newspaper(in usa) where indian consulate confirmed that they will not deny visas for asylees..good luck!!

Got my 5 year entry visa from non-SFO consulate. Consulate took 2 days to process my surrender certificate and Visa application. Very smooth process. No hassle at all.

Congrats ...Singh6. Have a gr8 Indian vacation and do not forget to get your OCI while in India before your 5 years visa expiration.

This is the only way asylees can get visas belonging to SFO consulate. Apply at any other consulate after fulfilling their residence conditions. Get their state ID or utility bill, etc.

Asylees ... please do not apply at SFO consulate. You will never get your Indian visa.

Got my 5 year entry visa from non-SFO consulate. Consulate took 2 days to process my surrender certificate and Visa application. Very smooth process. No hassle at all.