Immigration Voice Is For Everyone In The EB Greencard Process: All Stages

k...whatever....

I am pretty sure legal immigration is the last in q for legislation to happen. Unless it is of national interest. That is my personal opinion. Maybe IV can do something. I will check back with you in two years wherever I am...then we can talk.

Till then if you want money to be sponsored, your tone has to be a little different, again not for me but for your own org's sake. You are hurting IV in a lot of ways.

Believe me if someone wants to know about IV, they are going to check this thread and reading your comments, they will turn away.

Last edited by a moderator:
k...whatever....

I am pretty sure legal immigration is the last in q for legislation to happen. Unless it is of national interest. That is my personal opinion. Maybe IV can do something. I will check back with you in two years wherever I am...then we can talk.

Till then if you want money to be sponsored, your tone has to be a little different, again not for me but for your own org's sake. You are hurting IV in a lot of ways.

Believe me if someone wants to know about IV, they are going to check this thread and reading your comments, they will turn away.
its been my concern all along.........IV is a good org........but why do they not learn a bit of diplomacy...

they need to learn that to gain support they will have to put up with all kinds of questions, which may sound BS to them, and they may not have patience to deal with them......but they have to deal with it diplomatically without offending anyone...

i hope people from IV get this message........i understand that they have sacrificed their last year for this cause.....but whats the point if they still lose support because of bad mouth..

here is one more cause for IV for which i am willing to bury the hatchet and jump in:

NAME CHECK issue (disclaimer: this is the only thing holding me from getting my GC, hence the interest :)

Can IV as a org get an audience with a officer/director of USCIS....to whom we can suggest that they can pay FBI more so that they can expedite the name check such that it gets completed in a reasonable time of 6 months.....

can IV get an audience with FBI officer/director to talk about the same

i am 100% sure that the bottleneck is resources....since FBI is getting overloaded with security check from everywhere....

and from what i have heard uscis pays a measly $4 per case........if they were to pay $400 or even $1000 .......which can make our immigration cases a higher priority.....because they can hire more people with this new revenue.
and i am sure.......those stuck in name check...dont mind forking upto $5k to expedite it..

BTW i forgot to mention.....that i can post this same thread on IV if they can remove the ban on my IP address

Ban IP Address....that is it. This is the height of hatred.

This is the most ridiculous org I have ever heard of. If someone is criticising them whether good or bad, it should be taken as a constructive one.

I am afraid they might post similar attitude on congress fellows. Ban this congress man and that congress man this senator that senator.

Grow up kids.

Bunch of losers sitting on their ass bitching about an org. that is working really hard for everyone....Goodness!! i am glad no one from IV core is responding any longer.
This sure reminds me of the 'Friends' episode where Ross and Brad Pitt form a similar og. to bitch about Rachel!!! Amusing!

Bunch of losers sitting on their ass bitching about an org. that is working really hard for everyone....Goodness!! i am glad no one from IV core is responding any longer.
This sure reminds me of the 'Friends' episode where Ross and Brad Pitt form a similar og. to bitch about Rachel!!! Amusing!

I don't know why some of the guys keep referring others as "losers". Do they know that others have really didn't achieve anything and only they have achieved something by joining some organization. The concept is ridiculous. We should respect others. It is a different story if they are with our opinion or not. (This is equally true for people who are opposing IV too).

GPLearn and others,

Guys we know that reaction and statements from pro - IV people are very strong. They believe in famous statement:

"You can only be with us or you are terrorist."

Unfortunately, it is not applicable everywhere in life.

I don't know why some of the guys keep referring others as "losers". Do they know that others have really didn't achieve anything and only they have achieved something by joining some organization. The concept is ridiculous. We should respect others. It is a different story if they are with our opinion or not. (This is equally true for people who are opposing IV too).

GPLearn and others,

Guys we know that reaction and statements from pro - IV people are very strong. They believe in famous statement:

"You can only be with us or you are terrorist."

Unfortunately, it is not applicable everywhere in life.
as gc_retrogress said, they are a bunch of dumb kids who are taking the fastest road to reducing membership with their attitude.
someone should advise them to take a page from the marketing books of the american companies they work for

My friend, I certainly don't watch "Friends": never had time for that with my studies as a Ph.D. student and now with my full-time career (plus spouse +baby), and more importantly, this is precisely why I think IV (core and supporters) is made up of kids who watch TV shows like Friends (guessing this show is somewhat like "Seinfeld" which was the rage amongst the kids when I came to the US) :)

Also, no one wants any response from IV here. One of them has already been banned thankfully. I come here to see what ppl outside of IV think and know.

Hey boreal. I do not want to undermine the efforts put by IV. If they are working hard, then it is noteworthy.

What I wanted to point out is, why can't you take criticism? You want money, support but when someone asks a simple question why do you call them lazy loosers etc?

Are you not one of us? Waiting to immigrate. If you think all immigrants are of lesser mortals if they are not from IV, then you are wrong, IV is wrong.

That is all I wanted to convey. Good luck to IV and all of us.

Moderator: Is there any reason why this should be a sticky thread anymore? I don't think the original poster (berkeleybee) would mind if this is made non-sticky; I doubt she is with that org anymore. I don't want to start a war here and I don't want to say anything negative about IV anymore (there are quite a few IV devotees here, I know), but on the other hand, we need more important issues to be sticky threads.

This site is thankfully not run by IV but by Attorney Khanna. AILA is doing very effective work for those of us who are stuck in retrogression. AILA has a website urging people to send faxes; let's put that on the first sticky thread in this column.

On IV, you will find their leader himself ridiculing AILA and many well-known immigration attorneys, who are trying their level best to get us out of this mess. Does this help our cause? I don't think so, and that is the reason why I request the moderator to make this a non-sticky thread.

BTW: Since it is you who are belittling ppl like me who left IV, let me tell you this: I contributed dollars, hours, and time, and I also wrote hundreds of emails and made several phone calls --- AND never once used offensive language. I know you will never pay attention to this minor detail, and will keep saying ppl were banned from IV because they used bad language and that they were the ones who were not contributing etc. Nycgal (gcwhenever) or khodalmd never used bad language either. They were making many contributions too.

One of my friend just informed me that many IV members are using my name with bad words and projecting that I did damage to IV!
My dear IV friends,
Please show me any single post where I used bad word for IV, IV core or IV members. I had difference of opinion with IV's strategy (Single interim agenda of I 485 filing without priority date) and I expressed my views in civilized and humble manner. Things didn't work out and I left IV. I don't know why people at IV forum using bad word for my name. I believe, I contributed much more than average person in all fronts during my association with IV. I never never raised the question of integrity. I don't know why they use cheap words like looser!

This site is thankfully not run by IV but by Attorney Khanna. AILA is doing very effective work for those of us who are stuck in retrogression. AILA has a website urging people to send faxes; let's put that on the first sticky thread in this column.

On IV, you will find their leader himself ridiculing AILA and many well-known immigration attorneys, who are trying their level best to get us out of this mess. Does this help our cause? I don't think so, and that is the reason why I request the moderator to make this a non-sticky thread.

BTW: Since it is you who are belittling ppl like me who left IV, let me tell you this: I contributed dollars, hours, and time, and I also wrote hundreds of emails and made several phone calls --- AND never once used offensive language. I know you will never pay attention to this minor detail, and will keep saying ppl were banned from IV because they used bad language and that they were the ones who were not contributing etc. Nycgal (gcwhenever) or khodalmd never used bad language either. They were making many contributions too.

sticky or non-sticky

Please do not impose your enimity with some people over everyone. You should deal with it outside the forum with them directly. Do not make this forum for your own anti IV platform and disregard the pain of all of us suffering from retrogression. Maybe you have a good job, good lawyer, good employer, your wife can work, you have been able to get drivers liscence easily and you have good money. But not everyone suffering from retrogression has that and when someone makes an effort to get us all greencard, we must appreciate it.
What I have heard and seen from your posts is, you did not want others to be able to apply I485 because your own I485 was already filed. You feared that others with earlier priority dates stuck in BEC and I140 stage will get ahead of you. You can give all kinds of logic and it has been debated endlessly. But the point is if you disagree with something, do it gracefully in a mature way rather than hurting the whole community by trying to oppose everything the organization is doing.
If you want to work with AILA please do it. Your efforts with AILA will help everyone too. Nobody is stopping you. But do not try to stop the work other people are doing.
Anyone stuck in the retrogression and BEC mess needs to realise what little representation our JUST cause has on the hill. Americans always ask what is your contribution to this land. Many of us can answer, 10 yrs taxes, patents, service to the underpriviledged, enhanced competitiveness etc etc. The point is our numbers are small but our contribution is huge. Yet our plight is invisible. IV is the organisation fighting for this visibility and making our voice heard on the hill. That alone ought to make us thankful to immigrationvoice.org.
Please stop your anti-IV comments.

First of all, I will give you credit for being polite at least; that is something I cannot do to many of the vocal IV members (core and non-core). Much of what you have heard about me or inferred from my posts is not right. I did not leave because they wanted to file for that 485 provision. I was dismayed with the attitude of one of their core members (everyone knows who he is), and how he dismissed my point of view. That is why I left. Had he been polite, I would never have left. After all, I had spent dollars and so much time (believe me I have like 300+ posts there, used to log in every day, wrote hundreds of emails and made hundreds of phone calls during LD) in helping IV reach their goals.

Anyway, in some ways you are right. I should not be raking up the past here because after all most of us only want our GCs. And there are many nice ppl in IV --- even in the core --- who, like me, desperately need Gcs.

I don't need to say anything about IV anymore. I have left it, and I am not going back there for updates either. So even if this thread continues to be sticky, I should not care about it. Best of luck with your GC (I sincerely mean that).

PS: Are you someone I knew from IV? Your writing style seems definitely familiar.

loser or winner

One of my friend just informed me that many IV members are using my name with bad words and projecting that I did damage to IV!
My dear IV friends,
Please show me any single post where I used bad word for IV, IV core or IV members. I had difference of opinion with IV's strategy (Single interim agenda of I 485 filing without priority date) and I expressed my views in civilized and humble manner. Things didn't work out and I left IV. I don't know why people at IV forum using bad word for my name. I believe, I contributed much more than average person in all fronts during my association with IV. I never never raised the question of integrity. I don't know why they use cheap words like looser!

Khodalmd: I fully understand what you say. You were always very civilized, and I don't believe you were saying anything about the integrity of their members. Nor did I.

So don't take the loser thing seriously. Winners have always received that label. You and nycgal were amongst those making serious contributions, and you know what anyone who calls you a loser is a loser himself/herself.

Am I a loser? I am not very disturbed by someone calling me a loser because I know I am not.

Khodalmd: I fully understand what you say. You were always very civilized, and I don't believe you were saying anything about the integrity of their members. Nor did I.

So don't take the loser thing seriously. Winners have always received that label. You and nycgal were amongst those making serious contributions, and you know what anyone who calls you a loser is a loser himself/herself.

Am I a loser? I am not very disturbed by someone calling me a loser because I know I am not.

IV started banning people who ever said a single word not liked by core group. Why are we talking about them?

i just wish and hope that IV remains cool-headed...

infact i recall when the person who banned my IP had such a bad attitude (he was so proud to be the moderater who can dismiss anyone who will not agree with their idealogy...).

I hope the core members realise that it will take some good attitude to get somewhere.......and it does not matter if they have spend $30k of their own money.....or 1000 hours of their own time.....as long as they behave that they OWN IV its going to hurt the cause...

qp, I understand your anger, and know that you were one of the most active and sincere members on iv.

I remember being disturbed by the attitude there, core and non-core, all the trashing and bashing and banning. If nothing else, it bothered me that I was putting in cash and efforts to a bunch of not-so-smart kids.
But the way that aman kapoor and other core members - logiclife - behaved after I asked for my money back after I was banned, bordered on thuggish behavior.

I am detailing what happened because I see people here who still foolishly and blindly continue to believe in this "non-profit" organization.

As you said, many of us including me had contributed cash and put in work, enrolling members, distributing flyers, writing to media, calling senators, etc.

After I was banned for stating my disagreement with their strategy, and in 100% polite language, I asked them to refund my money which had been contributed in good faith.
aman kapoor promised to refund it (still have that email where he said this, so it can be proved). He asked me for my mailing address so he could mail the check there. Luckily I had the presence of mind to forward a friend's address.
Later, when I never recd the check, I asked him and all the other core members where my money was. No response, on the contrary, later, one core member - logiclife - even indirectly threatened me saying they had all my contact info and could find me anywhere.
This was not only thuggish behavior, but ridiculous and immature, because clearly if he tried anything at all I could slap him with a lawsuit for harrassment so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.
Of course, all the abusive language and insults continued: they are a part of their signature, iv should stand for insulting voice

I thought my case was isolated, but clearly this behavior is across the board, and to many other ex-members.

For me, I have written off my payment to them as a bad, very bad, debt.

Don't know what or if they are going to achieve on the immigration front, but their behavior has encouraged many free riders, and instead of marketing themselves, they have made enemies and reduced their own membership with their attitude.

I actually hope they do achieve something, so I can say at least my money was not spent only on their hotel bills.

But beyond that, like someone else said, why are we talking about them?

qp, I understand your anger, and know that you were one of the most active and sincere members on iv.

I remember being disturbed by the attitude there, core and non-core, all the trashing and bashing and banning. If nothing else, it bothered me that I was putting in cash and efforts to a bunch of not-so-smart kids.
But the way that aman kapoor and other core members - logiclife - behaved after I asked for my money back after I was banned, bordered on thuggish behavior.

I am detailing what happened because I see people here who still foolishly and blindly continue to believe in this "non-profit" organization.

As you said, many of us including me had contributed cash and put in work, enrolling members, distributing flyers, writing to media, calling senators, etc.

After I was banned for stating my disagreement with their strategy, and in 100% polite language, I asked them to refund my money which had been contributed in good faith.
aman kapoor promised to refund it (still have that email where he said this, so it can be proved). He asked me for my mailing address so he could mail the check there. Luckily I had the presence of mind to forward a friend's address.
Later, when I never recd the check, I asked him and all the other core members where my money was. No response, on the contrary, later, one core member - logiclife - even indirectly threatened me saying they had all my contact info and could find me anywhere.
This was not only thuggish behavior, but ridiculous and immature, because clearly if he tried anything at all I could slap him with a lawsuit for harrassment so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.
Of course, all the abusive language and insults continued: they are a part of their signature, iv should stand for insulting voice

I thought my case was isolated, but clearly this behavior is across the board, and to many other ex-members.

For me, I have written off my payment to them as a bad, very bad, debt.

Don't know what or if they are going to achieve on the immigration front, but their behavior has encouraged many free riders, and instead of marketing themselves, they have made enemies and reduced their own membership with their attitude.

I actually hope they do achieve something, so I can say at least my money was not spent only on their hotel bills.

But beyond that, like someone else said, why are we talking about them?

I agree. We should stop talking about them. (I too have written that expense off as a bad debt.)

I am exploring other options to get out of this mess. I am to some extent responsible for my own problems. I could have applied at least 3 yrs before I did; I did not know you could change your job after applying for GC, and at that time, I wanted to change my job. Anyways, let's just try to do whatever we can, or else we will just have to wait our turn... which will take at least 4 more yrs for me. Best of luck with your GC process.