IL issued after 10 days of FP!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for clarifying this. I think in most cases there isn't so much difference between PD and NOA date anyway :D

LegalAlien2, good luck for you!

What does "Good for you" - means?
Sometimes I think it means "I don't care, leave me alone." / "whatever" :confused:

I need to vent!

I just talked to an Immigration Officer over the phone and i am told that i still have my fingerprints from last year and they are good until May 2008. so i guess that means i am not getting any Fingerprint notice until May. She said in the meantime my background checking will be done(hopefully). The worst thing she said was that i shouldnt count on anything before 12 months or even 18. DA! i already knew that! My only option is having my husband get his orders to Japan or talking to a military JAG and see what we can do from there. Waiting that long probably will ruin my career plans, i am upset! :(

I need to vent!

I just talked to an Immigration Officer over the phone and i am told that i still have my fingerprints from last year and they are good until May 2008. so i guess that means i am not getting any Fingerprint notice until May. She said in the meantime my background checking will be done(hopefully). The worst thing she said was that i shouldnt count on anything before 12 months or even 18. DA! i already knew that! My only option is having my husband get his orders to Japan or talking to a military JAG and see what we can do from there. Waiting that long probably will ruin my career plans, i am upset! :(

Fingerprints from last year? From when you applied for GC?

Yes, when i went to Charlotte to have my fingerprints taken in order to remove the GC condition. I found it a little bit awkward. Why not everybody else have their fingerprints in the system?

Yes, when i went to Charlotte to have my fingerprints taken in order to remove the GC condition. I found it a little bit awkward. Why not everybody else have their fingerprints in the system?

FPs expire after 12-14 months. Normally, a GC applicant is only eligible to apply for naturalization after 5 years, (3 years for spousal sponsor) so the FP would expire by the time they apply. You'd think it would actually would be a good thing that your FP is still valid in the system as our background check would be completed before May.

I'm not gonna wait for "couple of months", I may wait for a couple of weeks and then I will setup an Infopass. What if my IL was sent along with my wife's but mine is lost in mail ... some people have had FP notices being lost. and here I am waiting for my IL... missing my Interview Date :(

I wish these guys updated their online system so we didn't have to schedule "unnecessary" InfoPass appointments :mad:

Good point. Even if they don't update the useless online system, I wish the NCSC reps at least had the decency to connect callers to IOs, especially callers with a situation similar to yours. The NCSC is almost as useless as the online system. The only time it seems to work is when a HUMAN (as opposed to a ROBOT) operator answers your call.

Bob, i didnt think it in that way. If they complete my background check by May, it will actually benefit me. However, i am going to schedule an infopass after my husband gets home from Iraq and talk to an IO in Charlotte, see if it may help any.

Bob, i didnt think it in that way. If they complete my background check by May, it will actually benefit me. However, i am going to schedule an infopass after my husband gets home from Iraq and talk to an IO in Charlotte, see if it may help any.

Are you currently in the military yourself or just your husband?

My husband is Active Duty Marine and has been gone for almost 5 months now. Hopefully will be back in early April. I just cant wait!

Yes i also want to join and become a pilot but without my citizenship i am just stuck. And i have 1 year to be considered age critical for the military. The cut-off age for pilot is late 27. just a bummer.

Yes i also want to join and become a pilot but without my citizenship i am just stuck. And i have 1 year to be considered age critical for the military. The cut-off age for pilot is late 27. just a bummer.

So you have to be a citizen to be a pilot yet the military is ready to send you to the trenches if you're not?

In order to become an officer in the military, one must be a US citizen. Everybody with a GC can enlist but officers must be citizens. i am just praying that it wont take too long. This has been my dream every since i was kid and i do not want to do anything else with my life.

So you have to be a citizen to be a pilot yet the military is ready to send you to the trenches if you're not?

Yet another paradox...you can be drafted into the military at 18, but you're not allowed to drink a beer until you're 21.

What does "Good for you" - means?
Sometimes I think it means "I don't care, leave me alone." / "whatever" :confused:

It probably could. Or even something worse. The meaning of a sentence often depends on the situation and intonation it is uttered in.

My wishes for LegalAlien2 are sincere, only my grammar is bad.
Actually, I'm quite worried about the English and Civic test :(

Yet another paradox...you can be drafted into the military at 18, but you're not allowed to drink a beer until you're 21.

That was a good one Vorpal. Somehow I have a feeling that you are catching up really quick to my number of posts which gives me that wierd stress. I don't have as much as time anymore to read and write. School is killing more time of my life.