IL issued after 10 days of FP!!!!!!!!!

I still have 6 more weeks to kill before I schedule my InfoPass. According to some other members of this forum, no one in NYC with PDs of July or after got ILs. I did, however, see one from 6/24/07. That's about 2 months away from my PD. Here's to hoping that I'll be seeing something soon!

however we think they process case on order basis but I doubt it since they proved it otherwise. There are people out there (not in this forum) which might have received their paper works. Not everybody useing this website. They are way more busy with life and probably don't care about their status anyway.

however we think they process case on order basis but I doubt it since they proved it otherwise. There are people out there (not in this forum) which might have received their paper works. Not everybody useing this website. They are way more busy with life and probably don't care about their status anyway.

I agree. I'm beginning to think that the FIFO principle takes effect not on the priority date, but after the background checks have been passed and the applicant is placed in queue for interview.

I agree. I'm beginning to think that the FIFO principle takes effect not on the priority date, but after the background checks have been passed and the applicant is placed in queue for interview.

I agree that the FIFO rule doesn't apply. But due the opacity of the Name/Background Check procedure, we have no other way but to rely on the PD.

Legal II, you said everything right but the last part. We have no other way but to rely on our luck :d
PD to me is something they give you which keeps you busy for a little time so you can play with it and don't think about anything else.

I agree that the FIFO rule doesn't apply. But due the opacity of the Name/Background Check procedure, we have no other way but to rely on the PD.

I'm all for dropping FIFO, as long as it's in the name of efficiency. For instance, if an applicant with a PD of 10/07 cleared his background checks before the applicant with a PD of 9/07, why not place that applicant in the queue and get him out of the system as soon as possible?

Suresh, I checked the NOA and it says 180 days from PD? How much does it usually say for others?

Really? My notice says "within 248 days of THIS notice"! My PD is 9/17 and the NOA is dated 11/20.
Does anybody have an idea on what basis these days are calculated? And why mine is from the NOA date? I feel so bad now, so left out :(

Good luck for the interview!

Really? My notice says "within 248 days of THIS notice"! My PD is 9/17 and the NOA is dated 11/20.
Does anybody have an idea on what basis these days are calculated? And why mine is from the NOA date? I feel so bad now, so left out :(

Good luck for the interview!

Don't feel bad, mine says "within 540 days". The NOA for Charlotte DO says 730 days.

I'm all for dropping FIFO, as long as it's in the name of efficiency. For instance, if an applicant with a PD of 10/07 cleared his background checks before the applicant with a PD of 9/07, why not place that applicant in the queue and get him out of the system as soon as possible?

Vorpal, So isn't that's what happens now - Probably my wife cleared her background check and so was placed in the line for the interview. Maybe I'm stuck in the check somewhere.... so am still waiting for my IL.

So legalAlien2 what is your surname? You haven't replied. :confused:

Geetha, As somebody said earlier that you ask too many questions! ... and you want answers for them too.... Alright, alright, you got it ... its Gupta:D. I must tell you that you got a pretty good list there:)

Vorpal, So isn't that's what happens now - Probably my wife cleared her background check and so was placed in the line for the interview. Maybe I'm stuck in the check somewhere.... so am still waiting for my IL.

You're right, that's exactly what's happening now. It's too early to schedule an InfoPass to see what's going on with your case, though. I'd suggest waiting at least another couple of months.

You're right, that's exactly what's happening now. It's too early to schedule an InfoPass to see what's going on with your case, though. I'd suggest waiting at least another couple of months.

I'm not gonna wait for "couple of months", I may wait for a couple of weeks and then I will setup an Infopass. What if my IL was sent along with my wife's but mine is lost in mail ... some people have had FP notices being lost. and here I am waiting for my IL... missing my Interview Date :(

I wish these guys updated their online system so we didn't have to schedule "unnecessary" InfoPass appointments :mad:

Thank you for clarifying this. I think in most cases there isn't so much difference between PD and NOA date anyway :D

LegalAlien2, good luck for you!

Actually, due to recent receipting delays there has been a wide time gap between PD and NOA dates.