EB3 Atlanta TSC
PD :07/2001
I140/I485 RD 8/26/2004
I140 AD 1/16/2005
FPdone 6/23/2005

LUDS of I 485 6/23/6/24 6/296/30 7/5

still waiting ...................

Identical LUDs after FP as yours.

>>>I-485 approved on 7/8/05 just before midnight...

GA_TX said:
Kusho,

Ignore my question i just saw that your location is Georgia...

Just wanted to wish everybody with a quick approval as I got mine on 7/8 just before midnight..

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU...

Thanks.

Are we seeing any 485 approvals for EB3 for countries like India after July 1st?

Or is it true that since there are no visa numbers available until Oct 1st we will not see any approvals until then?

Last edited by a moderator:
aj2004, I checked with my attorney and she said that as of July 1st there are no more immigration visa numbers available for EB3 category. So we will have to wait till October 1st and see what happens then.

The long wait for unfortunate people like you and me is not over yet.

aj2004 said:
Are we seeing any 485 approvals for EB3 for countries like India after July 1st?

Or is it true that since there are no visa numbers available until Oct 1st we will not see any approvals until then?

Approved!

I want to share this good news with you all - our cases got approved today!! Please see my independant post.

Well, as per chat questions I have copied and pasted the exact Q&A and also the link , it seems nobody of EB3 category should get 485 approved in July but it seems a few people are? who knows or maybe I am not getting it right.

http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch062005_P.html

Chat User : My wife and I have an interview at the local INS office (140 approved and we have EAD's) after July 1st and my application is EB3 category. Will the latest unavailability of visa numbers effect us?

Attorney Murthy : Since the PDs are not current in your case for anyone in the world in EB3 during July 2005, then legally, the USCIS is not allowed to approve the case or stamp the PP with the GC. The officer is allowed to complete reviewing the case and then a letter goes out to the person when the PDs become current again. Until then, the person must keep filing EAD and AP extensions each year, if needed.

mhsoor said:
aj2004, I checked with my attorney and she said that as of July 1st there are no more immigration visa numbers available for EB3 category. So we will have to wait till October 1st and see what happens then.

The long wait for unfortunate people like you and me is not over yet.

aj2004, few of those who are in EB3 category and got their approval notices might have been assigned immigration visa number before July 1, 2005.

But my attorney stated very clearly (and same thing attorney Murthy has mentioned) that NO EB3 CASE WILL BE APPROVED atleast until immigration visa numbers become available in October 2005. And then after it depends when our PD becomes current. So we could have final approval this year or may be next year, who knows.

aj2004 said:
Well, as per chat questions I have copied and pasted the exact Q&A and also the link , it seems nobody of EB3 category should get 485 approved in July but it seems a few people are? who knows or maybe I am not getting it right.

http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch062005_P.html

Chat User : My wife and I have an interview at the local INS office (140 approved and we have EAD's) after July 1st and my application is EB3 category. Will the latest unavailability of visa numbers effect us?

Attorney Murthy : Since the PDs are not current in your case for anyone in the world in EB3 during July 2005, then legally, the USCIS is not allowed to approve the case or stamp the PP with the GC. The officer is allowed to complete reviewing the case and then a letter goes out to the person when the PDs become current again. Until then, the person must keep filing EAD and AP extensions each year, if needed.

ok that makes sense thanks mhsoor
mhsoor said:
aj2004, few of those who are in EB3 category and got their approval notices might have been assigned immigration visa number before July 1, 2005.

But my attorney stated very clearly (and same thing attorney Murthy has mentioned) that NO EB3 CASE WILL BE APPROVED atleast until immigration visa numbers become available in October 2005. And then after it depends when our PD becomes current. So we could have final approval this year or may be next year, who knows.

Immigration Visa Number Vs. Alien Number

Hi folks,

Does anybody know what is the difference between "Immigration Visa Number" and "Alien Number"?

I spoke with my attorney and she said that when we apply for I-485, then an Alien # is assigned. Per my attorney, "Alien # is the number for your permanent residence visa. It will be printed on your permanent residence card."

I applied concurrently, I-140/I-485/EAD/AP. My EAD (1st and 2nd, both), AP and even the FP notice that I had received has this Alien #. Does this mean I have my immigration visa number? If that is the case then all those who are in similar situation and are in EB3 category, may not have to wait for the availability of the immigration visa number till October 2005. If we are lucky enough, then, our cases might get approved before October.

Hope for the best. God helps them who help themselves.

They are not the same thing

mhsoor,

An A# is assigned to everyone that applies for a GC or any other immigration application for that matter. This A# is unique to that individual and is the number that the USCIS uses to match all applications with a particular applicant. It is pretty much your identity within the USCIS world. As far as I know there is no relation between the A# and a visa number. A visa number has to be assigned to a 485 application before it can be approved. The 485 application already has an A# and a visa number is attached on top of this. Having an A# does not mean that a Visa number has been assigned to your case. Right now all the EB3 applicants have A#s but cannot be approved because they do not have visa numbers to assign.

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

saras

saras76,

So since there have already started working on your case what does the lawyer say for you.

saras76 said:
mhsoor,

An A# is assigned to everyone that applies for a GC or any other immigration application for that matter. This A# is unique to that individual and is the number that the USCIS uses to match all applications with a particular applicant. It is pretty much your identity within the USCIS world. As far as I know there is no relation between the A# and a visa number. A visa number has to be assigned to a 485 application before it can be approved. The 485 application already has an A# and a visa number is attached on top of this. Having an A# does not mean that a Visa number has been assigned to your case. Right now all the EB3 applicants have A#s but cannot be approved because they do not have visa numbers to assign.

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

saras

hello people ...fiinally an LUD on my 485

Dont know what is about butt got an LUD today july 18 2005 and an other on 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Approved!!!

I got the approval emails last night. Please check the signature for details. Thank you everyone for their posts and updates. Good luck to y'all...!!

looks like my Gc is on the way too.
This is what the current status for my receipt for I485 says
"On July 22, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"
Good luck to everyone

Category EB2
PD Jan 28 2003
RD I140/485 - Feb 28th 2005
AD 140 March 2005
FP - July -5-2005
Lud Changed on 7/6/2005 and 7/22/05

I am in the same boat too. Waiting----. PD04/30/2002-EB3
Concurrent Filing I140/I485 TSC11/13/2003
FP10/23/2004, LUD 05/05/2004
I140 AD 03/01/2005
I 485?
1AP, 2 EAD's

Congratulations to all approved recently. I'm very glad many EB2 cases have been approved lately. Enjoy your new found freedom. I hope once October starts EB3s can share good news too!