I passed my citizenship interview this morning

cchong

Registered Users (C)
I passed my citizenship interview this morning. I checked in about 30 minutes early and waited for 65 minutes before I was called.

The interview was very routine. The officer went through some of the questions with me on the N400 form and flipped through my most recent travel document (reentry permit) and expired passport. He then asked how I traveled abroad. I told him I used USCIS issued documents and had returned my expired travel documents to the USCIS. I then told the officer I have copies of the travel documents and if he needed it. He told me no.

Once that is done, the civil test began; I answered all the six questions correctly and cruised through the English test quickly.

He told me he normally give people their oath letter, but the officer told me he will mail it to me and I should receive the oath letter in few weeks. I asked for clarification about the timing and told me it will take about 2-3 weeks. My 5 years anniversary is next week; perhaps, that explains why he cannot give me my oath letter.

congrats cchong... I remember you from old times when we were struggling for GC. I wish you well in your future life.

Your signature does not indicate FPs? Were you not finger printed?
Congrats again.

Thank you very much Lazerthegreat. I wish you a smooth naturalization process as well.

I did not do my finger print for this application. When I told the officer he was very surprised and looked up my file again. He told me they have my finger print and it was done in Oct. It actually this this when I applied for RP. The officer told me that they used the finger print I did in Oct and assured me that everything is fine.

Congratulations cchong. Did the IO take away your RP? Is it still valid? I have been traveling with CIS travel documents too, but I want to keep them! Anyway, I'm in NYC too, so hopefully I get the same nice IO.

I passed my citizenship interview this morning. I checked in about 30 minutes early and waited for 65 minutes before I was called.

The interview was very routine. The officer went through some of the questions with me on the N400 form and flipped through my most recent travel document (reentry permit) and expired passport. He then asked how I traveled abroad. I told him I used USCIS issued documents and had returned my expired travel documents to the USCIS. I then told the officer I have copies of the travel documents and if he needed it. He told me no.

Once that is done, the civil test began; I answered all the six questions correctly and cruised through the English test quickly.

He told me he normally give people their oath letter, but the officer told me he will mail it to me and I should receive the oath letter in few weeks. I asked for clarification about the timing and told me it will take about 2-3 weeks. My 5 years anniversary is next week; perhaps, that explains why he cannot give me my oath letter.

Congrats cchong. You will receive ur oath letter in a week to 10 days. So just relax & have fun my friend.
Atique.

Hi Cafeonleche,

Thank you.

NO. The officer did not take away my unexpired RP, but he told me that when I take the oath I will need to bring my RP and green card with me and will need to surrender those documents.

Congratulations cchong. Did the IO take away your RP? Is it still valid? I have been traveling with CIS travel documents too, but I want to keep them! Anyway, I'm in NYC too, so hopefully I get the same nice IO.

Hi Atique,

Thank you Atique. As I mentioned, my 5 years anniversary is April 13 so it might take a bit longer than 10 days to get the oath letter. I am prepared to wait for 3 weeks. Any way, I am definitely glad that my case is moving forward and look forward to becoming a US citizen soon.

Congrats cchong. You will receive ur oath letter in a week to 10 days. So just relax & have fun my friend.
Atique.

congratulations cchong.