I got denied need help please

Do you believe that the USCIS would react by sending me a :

• Total voters
JohnnyCash said:
I’ve already told you that your case has been approved, but it seems that you don’t want to have patience. I won’t respond any further on this thread because I feel offended when you have said things, which is not true at all because I never told you a liar. Besides, you did not care the time/energy/effort that I spent on this thread in helping you out before making such an irrelevant and bogus statement for no reason. Further, I don’t give the fuck about your friend-Manyung, who knows nothing about me or about immigration laws. Nor I need the hollering fan club with me to stand up for my conviction. Always remember: JohnnyCash doesn't give the damn about fan club when it comes to standing up for his own beliefs/convictions.
Dear Johnny,
Happy thanksgiving first of all!
I certainly appreciate everyone's effort to answer me. I am wide open to opinions, that's why i question the answers and openions to see if they are based on laws and/or proven facts that's all!

you said in earlier post that many people got away with lying even more terribly than me, that's when i felt hurt that you "basically" calling me a liar! That's fine though, you can say whatever you feel, but don't offend me.

I really don't appreciate the profanity you have used in this great forum! I would like to moderator to check what you have said in the last post!

thank you everyone!
sOnY

You should know that govt. could strip you from any benefit if they EVER find out that you misrepresented (lied) to them. Further, it is not about what you think, rather it is about govt. determination. That means-you can keep repeating that you did nothing wrong, but that would mean nothing unless govt. gets convinced otherwise.

The government could decide and rule against me , but I know That i didn't do anything wrong. The government is not GOD, they are not always right. They decide , i fight back because i believe in what i am fighting for.

Thank you anyway,
sOnY

To Everyone on this post who is interested in FOIA/PA,
After i have sent the USCIS another certified mail to remind them of my request sent on August 29, 2005, they have mailed me the attached answer. Please feel free to look at it and forward any questions to me.

Regards,
SoNy

Last edited by a moderator:
Is INS asking about international or US arrests in n-400?

Does anyone know if we should state international arrests when filling out n-400? I was arrested in Canada once and spend couple hours in jail. Then in Switzerland for 30 minutes at the border. Then in Chehoslovackia for 1 hour at the border - all because of problems with Refugee Travel Documents and visas needed for different countries.

So, when they ask about if I was ever arrested - do they mean in US or in the world?

Thanks.

sony55 said:
After i have sent the USCIS another certified mail to remind them of my request sent on August 29, 2005, they have mailed me the attached answer. Please feel free to look at it and forward any questions to me.

Regards,
SoNy
Anybody has an idea what the heck this letter supposed to tell?

sOnY

sony55 said:
Anybody has an idea what the heck this letter supposed to tell?

sOnY

By law they have 20 days to answer you. They can ask for only a 10 days extension. But we know USCIS doesn't care about the law. Here is what I'd do if I were you, I would give them 3 to 4 weeks, then give them a call, and send them another letter reminding them of your right under FOIA to access your documents. Tell them that you have the option to sue them under the act but really want to work things out. Offer to help in any shape or form possible. Here you are building a paper trail to use in case you have to file a lawsuit to access your dossier.

Good luck Sony.

Publicus

Publicus said:
By law they have 20 days to answer you. They can ask for only a 10 days extension. But we know USCIS doesn't care about the law. Here is what I'd do if I were you, I would give them 3 to 4 weeks, then give them a call, and send them another letter reminding them of your right under FOIA to access your documents. Tell them that you have the option to sue them under the act but really want to work things out. Offer to help in any shape or form possible. Here you are building a paper trail to use in case you have to file a lawsuit to access your dossier.

Good luck Sony.

Publicus
but I don't think i would be able to sue them and then sue them again to overturn their denial! that's too much financial burden!
what do you think. Oh, thanks alot by the way for the good word you put in for me on this thread.

sOnY

sony55 said:
but I don't think i would be able to sue them and then sue them again to overturn their denial! that's too much financial burden!
what do you think. Oh, thanks alot by the way for the good word you put in for me on this thread.
sOnY

Well you only sue them once. If they answer you, then that's great. If they don't, they have denied you, so you sue.

sony55 said:

Regards,
SoNy

sony. ur name is clear in that letter in second line, i would suggest to NOT to disclose that kinda information.
just a suggestion.

NY_Waiter said:
sony. ur name is clear in that letter in second line, i would suggest to NOT to disclose that kinda information.
just a suggestion.
Hey man, thanks alot. actually, i didn't pay attention to that. I had deleted my name from other two places on the letter and didn't pay attention to that one!
I appreciate it!

sOnY

Publicus said:
Well you only sue them once. If they answer you, then that's great. If they don't, they have denied you, so you sue.
Ok, i still don't get it. Let's say i sued them to release my records, then, i won, and they deliver my records. After a while, lets say i receive the denial after the administrative appeal, then i would have to sue them to try to reverse that decision as well. As my lawyer said lately, the court option is very expensive and extremely time consuming!
I am upset a little!

sOnY

sony55 said:
Ok, i still don't get it. Let's say i sued them to release my records, then, i won, and they deliver my records. After a while, lets say i receive the denial after the administrative appeal, then i would have to sue them to try to reverse that decision as well. As my lawyer said lately, the court option is very expensive and extremely time consuming!
I am upset a little!

sOnY

Well, you can sue them at the same time for both FOIA and your case (that if it got denied). Just use one complaint for both issues. This will involve waiting which is what FOIA is all about in the first place.

Publicus said:
Well, you can sue them at the same time for both FOIA and your case (that if it got denied). Just use one complaint for both issues. This will involve waiting which is what FOIA is all about in the first place.
Thank you publicus,
I have even asked mr.Gotcher about this situation , and he basically said the same thing, he said, sue them, they think that the law doesn't apply to them. However, do you know the cost of such law suits?

Also, for some reason, when i emailed my lawyer telling him about the option of suing in case my appeal got denied, he said, "good question, I am hoping to solve this issue administrativley, however, the court option is extremely expensive and time consuming". Duh, i know it is time consuming , but if it is my right, i want to practice it and take advantage of it!
And a thousand DUH's ; I know we all are hoping to solve the issue administratively!
What do you think!

SONy

sony55 said:
Thank you publicus,
I have even asked mr.Gotcher about this situation , and he basically said the same thing, he said, sue them, they think that the law doesn't apply to them. However, do you know the cost of such law suits?

Also, for some reason, when i emailed my lawyer telling him about the option of suing in case my appeal got denied, he said, "good question, I am hoping to solve this issue administrativley, however, the court option is extremely expensive and time consuming". Duh, i know it is time consuming , but if it is my right, i want to practice it and take advantage of it!
And a thousand DUH's ; I know we all are hoping to solve the issue administratively!
What do you think!

SONy

Sony,

Immigration law is a large field. It is a behemoth. Many lawyers specialize in certain areas only: such as Business practice, or family cases. Others specialize in deportation and immigration court proceedings. For instance, months ago I phoned two lawyers, and as soon as I mentioned a lawsuit option they immediately stopped me apologising that they don't go to court. That's fine. They are just not familiar with litigation, that's all. So if you want to use a lawyer in court, you must find one who is familiar and confortable with the process. Yes it is your right, but you can't make a person do something that they aren't confortable doing. It seems that your attorney is not familiar with federal court. Also it is important to note that for a lawyer to represent you in court, they must be admitted in that Federal district, and many are not.

If a lawsuit is settled out of court, the cost is maybe $1000 to 2000, but if lawyers have to fight, prepare memos, answers etc...then appear in trial, the costs add up. But remember you can always ask for attorney fees. Just lately the court awarded a plaintiff $11K in attorney fees in a FOIA case. I will post it later.

Why don't you file Pro Se? At least in the FOIA case. It'll cost you $250 filing fee. Just get the bastards to work. Do you see how relunctant your lawyer is to file a suit? Do you think the US attorney gets excited when he sees a new lawsuit on his desk? Of course not. It's the same feeling. So make them uncomfortable. :cool:

Publicus said:
Sony,

Immigration law is a large field. It is a behemoth. Many lawyers specialize in certain areas only: such as Business practice, or family cases. Others specialize in deportation and immigration court proceedings. For instance, months ago I phoned two lawyers, and as soon as I mentioned a lawsuit option they immediately stopped me apologising that they don't go to court. That's fine. They are just not familiar with litigation, that's all. So if you want to use a lawyer in court, you must find one who is familiar and confortable with the process. Yes it is your right, but you can't make a person do something that they aren't confortable doing. It seems that your attorney is not familiar with federal court. Also it is important to note that for a lawyer to represent you in court, they must be admitted in that Federal district, and many are not.

If a lawsuit is settled out of court, the cost is maybe $1000 to 2000, but if lawyers have to fight, prepare memos, answers etc...then appear in trial, the costs add up. But remember you can always ask for attorney fees. Just lately the court awarded a plaintiff $11K in attorney fees in a FOIA case. I will post it later.

Why don't you file Pro Se? At least in the FOIA case. It'll cost you $250 filing fee. Just get the bastards to work. Do you see how relunctant your lawyer is to file a suit? Do you think the US attorney gets excited when he sees a new lawsuit on his desk? Of course not. It's the same feeling. So make them uncomfortable. :cool:
Publicus,
What exactly is the Pro Se? I am not familiar with it!
My lawyer doesn't seem to be familiar with many things. He told me it is really not significant to the case that i haven't received my records Under the FOIA. the way i look at it, if i had my file with me before the appeal, i could feel, be, and be prepared much better, with much more confidence and evidence! I mean that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.

I am waiting for your post of the FOIA case.

sOnY

sony55 said:
Publicus,
What exactly is the Pro Se? I am not familiar with it!
My lawyer doesn't seem to be familiar with many things. He told me it is really not significant to the case that i haven't received my records Under the FOIA. the way i look at it, if i had my file with me before the appeal, i could feel, be, and be prepared much better, with much more confidence and evidence! I mean that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.

I am waiting for your post of the FOIA case.

sOnY

Pro Se is short for In Propria Persona, meaning in one's own person, and in legal terms, without representation by an attorney.

Well in cases of denial, it is EXTREMELY relevant that you have full disclosure of information, data, and documents that USCIS may have. It only insures the fairness of the whole judicial process. If the case goes to court, the US attorney will have to disclosure any documents that he may use in legal proceedings to you and/or to your attorney before representing them to the judge. Otherwise such information cannot be used in a court of law.

it is a part of approval!

Hello,
referring to the USCIS officers manual, if the application is approved or recommended for approval, the interviewer must make the applicant sign the front of his/her photos.
here is the qoute from the manual :

After the interview and the certificate preparation sheet has been completed, if the correct photographs are submitted, advise the applicant to sign the front of each photograph with his or her full name (if the applicant is changing his or her name, the applicant should sign with the new name). Ensure that the applicant’s signature does not obscure the facial features of the photograph. An applicant who is unable to write may place a mark on the photograph in lieu of a signature. [See 8 CFR 333.1(b).] If the applicant is physically unable to mark or sign the photos, you or the applicant’s guardian must sign the photographs as provided in 8 CFR 333.1(c)(2).

Therefore, I assume that the whole administrative appeal was just a formality, and i should certainly expect a denial soon since the officer didn't ask me to sign any photos, just like in the first interview!

What do you think?

SONy

sony55 said:
Hello,
referring to the USCIS officers manual, if the application is approved or recommended for approval, the interviewer must make the applicant sign the front of his/her photos.
here is the qoute from the manual :

Therefore, I assume that the whole administrative appeal was just a formality, and i should certainly expect a denial soon since the officer didn't ask me to sign any photos, just like in the first interview!

What do you think?

SONy

what manual is this? can I get a link to that?