I got denied need help please

Do you believe that the USCIS would react by sending me a :

• Total voters
Publicus said:
Indeed we haven't been able to talk lately. Due to a change of schedule, I go to bed a little bit early now. Maybe we can talk during the weekend.
Yea man, that would be cool!
I would like to chat a little. Oh, by the way, i have received another exact copy of the first letter from the NRC .

sOnY

signing photos and erasing things!

Hey guys,
I just remembered something about my appeal interview back in october 25, 2005.

first, the lady was so nice as i said in the post before, but at the end, she didn't ask me to sign any photos, which is the standard procedure at the end of the interviews if the applicant about to be approved!

second, she had a pencil and an eraser, and upon my anaswers, she seemed satisfied nodding her head, while erasing things on one paper and writing my answers on another paper. she did that for many questions.

I wonder what was that all about. Any ideas , suggestions, conclusions would be appreciated.

thank you,

sOnY

I got something from the DO today!

Hey guys,
I just got a certified letter from the USCIS but i would have to pick it up tomorrow from the post office as the notice said.

I recall that the appeal Immigration officer told me that she would send me a certified mail, and i asked her whether approval or denial, she said , yes wheather approval or denial i will send it certified, so don't worry.

Here i am , i got the letter but i have to wait till tomorrow. I hope it's approval! i am wishing, hoping.

Pray for me!

Sony

sony55 said:
Hey guys,
I just got a certified letter from the USCIS but i would have to pick it up tomorrow from the post office as the notice said.

I recall that the appeal Immigration officer told me that she would send me a certified mail, and i asked her whether approval or denial, she said , yes wheather approval or denial i will send it certified, so don't worry.

Here i am , i got the letter but i have to wait till tomorrow. I hope it's approval! i am wishing, hoping.

Pray for me!

Sony
I bet you're going to be there at 8 am waiting for the post office to open. Good luck.

JohnnyCash has a point

This is my first time to post anything period. I have been a spectator for over 6 months. I would always login and go to johnnycash account and click on all messages by JohnnyCash just to learn. Even though a lot of the postings don't concern me, but I still like to read and gain knowledge from someone who is knowledgeable about the subject, not giving unknowledgeable guesses about the law. But today I had to sign up and actually say something. If a guy like “JohnnyCash” wasting two to three hours a day helping people with nothing to gain, then I have a lot of respect for him. All he was trying to say was “it doesn’t matter if all your ancestors live here, even if you were the step son of the president of the United States and you violated the law, you will be punished”. I mean look what’s happening to Scott Libby. JohnnyCash was correcting some people who we were “speculating” about the law with a “poll” and other “postings”. I would like to say this, first I would to thank Johnny on behalf of me and all of us for the great, detailed, accurate postings. And Sony I wish you the best and I wish that you can get through this hard situation and you ought to apologize to JohnnyCash, because after all you have benefited from him a lot and you can go back to the posting and see all of the Private IM and all the questions he answered for you. Wish you good luck

sony55 said:
Hey guys,

Pray for me!

Sony

wish all the best. what time does your local USPS office open? mine opens at 8:30am but the pick up window won't open till 9am.

I've been 'lurking' here for quite some time, and I want you to know I'm rooting for you. I hope and pray the letter contains the GOOD news you've been waiting to hear. All the best to you, Sony!

ocworker said:
wish all the best. what time does your local USPS office open? mine opens at 8:30am but the pick up window won't open till 9am.
It should be open by 8:30 as the notice says pick-up after 8:30, but like publicus said , i probably won't go to sleep tonight and be there by 8 am !

sOnY

sony55 said:
It should be open by 8:30 as the notice says pick-up after 8:30, but like publicus said , i probably won't go to sleep tonight and be there by 8 am !

sOnY

i understand how you feel. when i received my oath letter, even thought i got the email notification on the same day before i checked my mail box at night at home, i still became speechless. i thought i was in dream.

wish you all the best. i know how bad you want to go to the post office,but hey man... get some sleep, and drive safe tomorrow. hee hee

JoeF said:
Nope. There is no upper limit for spouses of US citizens, or, to be more exact, for immediate relatives (it also applies to parents of US citizens, for example). The only requirement is that the person was inspected, i.e., didn't sneak over the border. In all other cases, there is indeed a 180 day limit.

Is there a law or an article of the law saying this (for parents of an American Citizen) or usualy INS is just "closing an eye" in such cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
vulpasin said:
Is there a law or an article of the law saying this (for parents of an American Citizen) or usualy INS is just "closing an eye" in such cases?
Vulpasin, I am copying my response here:
Yes, as a matter of fact, it is written here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPReligibility.htm#j.
Read under "Otherwise Eligible Immediate Relatives" and "Ineligible".
You can also read about it in the instructions of the Form I-485 under "Who is not eligible to adjust status".
Hope this helps.

Sony,
I am glad to hear that you are almost done with your journey of citizenship.
Good luck!

akatu said:
What was that : court hearing, or board of appeal hearing.
what the judge said?

i am very interested in details
I have my hearing before IJ on Monday.
So tell us Akatu what happened in your hearing?

sOnY

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the poll or posted a message.
If anyone has a question i would be happy to help.

Also, if anyone knows anyone who has the same experience as mine, please let me know what is next, oath, approval, maybe another denial, or what?

Also, if you have an idea about when could i expect something that would be awesome!

thanks

sOnY

sony55 said:
I would like to thank everyone who participated in the poll or posted a message.
If anyone has a question i would be happy to help.

Also, if anyone knows anyone who has the same experience as mine, please let me know what is next, oath, approval, maybe another denial, or what?

Also, if you have an idea about when could i expect something that would be awesome!

thanks

sOnY

Sony,

The following is pure speculation on my part.

USCIS has overturned the previous decision to deny citizenship, and your application is now being reconsidered. I think the next step will be for you to either receive the oath letter, or a denial. I'm rooting for you to receive the oath letter! (I was optimistic enough to vote for 'approval and citizenship' in your poll!) As for how long it will take, again, that's pure speculation. Maybe a couple of weeks?

I'm praying for good news, my friend!

homeschoolmum said:
Sony,

The following is pure speculation on my part.

USCIS has overturned the previous decision to deny citizenship, and your application is now being reconsidered. I think the next step will be for you to either receive the oath letter, or a denial. I'm rooting for you to receive the oath letter! (I was optimistic enough to vote for 'approval and citizenship' in your poll!) As for how long it will take, again, that's pure speculation. Maybe a couple of weeks?

I'm praying for good news, my friend!

The next step will be an oath letter. If USCIS wants to deny Sony's case now, they have to do it under a different clause than the Good Moral Character clause and lying under oath. I don't see any other reasons for them to deny his case at this stage. The new adjudicating officer or supervisor will keep in mind, that a denial decision has been reversed. Officers like judges, don't like their decisions to be overturned.

I say the next step is the Oath letter. When will you receive it? I am incapable of predicting that. But why don't you get an Infopass and visit the USCIS office. You never know, they may just administer the Oath right there.

Good luck,

Publicus said:
The next step will be an oath letter. If USCIS wants to deny Sony's case now, they have to do it under a different clause than the Good Moral Character clause and lying under oath. I don't see any other reasons for them to deny his case at this stage. The new adjudicating officer or supervisor will keep in mind, that a denial decision has been reversed. Officers like judges, don't like their decisions to be overturned.

I say the next step is the Oath letter. When will you receive it? I am incapable of predicting that. But why don't you get an Infopass and visit the USCIS office. You never know, they may just administer the Oath right there.

Good luck,
I will go to the DO and inquire!

sONy

What should i do?

Hello there!

I am so sick of this ridiculous bureaucracy! I feel that i am so lost!
Wait, do somthing, if wait, till then. am i under any law who can provide me with some rights to sue?!

I am thinking about a lawsuit but the picture is kind of fuzzy.

I need your ideas, opinions, and suggestions about the following thought:

I am thinking to file a lawsuit based on the following key points:

First : The USCIS didn't issue their initial denial withing the 120 day time specified by the law.

Second: The USCIS sent their denial letter WITHOUT POSTAGE, knowing that the denial is extremely time critical, since it includes the appeal form that has to be filed withing 33 days from the date of denial! and i received the letter with only 10 days left to appeal. Since the letter had to go back to the USCIS and then being resent without changing the date of the original decision!

Third: When i filed my FOIA to obtain a copy of my immigration file, I couldn't get a response from the National Record Center withing the 20 time frame specified by the federal law. In fact i filed my request ( with certified mail and return receipt) in August 2005 and still haven't gotten anything yet but a letter says that i have to wait!

Fourth: As you can see, i got the original decision overturn, and they mistakenly denied me!

As i have come to a conclusion, that the USCIS mistreating me, they are handling my file and my case in general carelessly, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Also, the USCIS has violated two federal laws, 120-day law, and 20-day law.

I also started to believe that the USCIS are handling my case with some kind of profiling being from the middle east and muslim!

What do u think!??

Sony

sony55 said:
Hello there!

I am so sick of this ridiculous bureaucracy! I feel that i am so lost!
Wait, do somthing, if wait, till then. am i under any law who can provide me with some rights to sue?!

I am thinking about a lawsuit but the picture is kind of fuzzy.

I need your ideas, opinions, and suggestions about the following thought:

I am thinking to file a lawsuit based on the following key points:

First : The USCIS didn't issue their initial denial withing the 120 day time specified by the law.

Second: The USCIS sent their denial letter WITHOUT POSTAGE, knowing that the denial is extremely time critical, since it includes the appeal form that has to be filed withing 33 days from the date of denial! and i received the letter with only 10 days left to appeal. Since the letter had to go back to the USCIS and then being resent without changing the date of the original decision!

Third: When i filed my FOIA to obtain a copy of my immigration file, I couldn't get a response from the National Record Center withing the 20 time frame specified by the federal law. In fact i filed my request ( with certified mail and return receipt) in August 2005 and still haven't gotten anything yet but a letter says that i have to wait!

Fourth: As you can see, i got the original decision overturn, and they mistakenly denied me!

As i have come to a conclusion, that the USCIS mistreating me, they are handling my file and my case in general carelessly, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Also, the USCIS has violated two federal laws, 120-day law, and 20-day law.

I also started to believe that the USCIS are handling my case with some kind of profiling being from the middle east and muslim!

What do u think!??

Sony
Any insights and opinions would be much appreciated!

Sony