I got denied need help please

Do you believe that the USCIS would react by sending me a :

• Total voters
JohnnyCash said:
You may involve Congresspersons after 120 days of your interview.

I recall you advised me not to pressure them by getting congresspersons to involve the inquiry (just bc do not want to annoy them). So, it is ok to get congresspersons to involve, however, not before 120 days?

thanks

parekh

parekh

i just recently had my interview for my citizenship and i declared all citations i got from speeding violation, the officer who interviewed me crossed those out and put her initials and mentioned those are not the kind of vilolations they are looking for.

parekh said:
Like many folks on this forum(and this after reading the forum threads a few times!) I made the mistake of not declaring my speeding tickets on the N-400(coz I did not realize that traffic tickets are considered a citation). A few days after I mailed my N400 I mailed a clarification letter and an updated version of the page(not the entire N400) where I declared the tickets.

At my interview the officer asked me absolutely nothing at all about the tickets. As he was flipping thru' the app I noticed that the file did not have my updated page. At that point I was in two minds - should I or should I not mention it? As the officer finished the interview and was congratulating me I thought -- what the heck, let me mention it so that it does not come back to bite me. I did and he said it was irrelevant since they were only speeding tickets. He made no notes whatsoever. A couple of days after my interview(which was more than 4 months after my PD) I recd a letter from USCIS in response to my updated N400(where I declared the tickets) and guess what --- they said they were seriously backlogged and expected to process my letter by Oct!

My interview was on June 22 and I'm scheduled to attend the oath ceremony on Jul 22. Hopefully in Oct 2005(more than 7 months after I sent my clarification) USCIS does not change its mind on granting me citizenship :)

Dont worry I wrote all the citations i got from speeding and the officer who conducted the interview erased them all and told me those are not relevant and not what they are looking for.. hmmp!

Sony:

I am sorry about your denial. I am confused though.

Are you saying that you entered on F-1 but, never even bothered to register - not even the first term? Or you did study for a little bit and then abandoned school? If you never even registered, any reasonable person would conclude that you never intended to study in the first place. Because, what could realistically change in the time you board the plane in your country and arrive in the US a day later? I am not doubting you really wanted to study but, you need to hire an attorney and get some solid documentation as to why you had to leave school.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Amy

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy Kellogg said:
Sony:

I am sorry about your denial. I am confused though.

Are you saying that you entered on F-1 but, never even bothered to register - not even the first term? Or you did study for a little bit and then abandoned school? If you never even registered, any reasonable person would conclude that you never intended to study in the first place. Because, what could realistically change in the time you board the plane in your country and arrive in the US a day later? I am not doubting you really wanted to study but, you need to hire an attorney and get some solid documentation as to why you had to leave school.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Amy
amy, it wasn't a day later. i came to the states 3 months before the beginning of my school to get used to life in the states. If i came and like you said a day later things changed that won't make sense.

Attorney present at hearing

Hello there,
i am sure you guys read my story. My question is , how important or useful could the lawyer be at the hearing session?
Please advise . thanks

Very important, and a very good lawyer. Sony, this is a very imprtant step in your life, may be more important than a degree or a very good job. suggest to invest in it as much as you can.

Steve_Houston said:
Very important, and a very good lawyer. Sony, this is a very imprtant step in your life, may be more important than a degree or a very good job. suggest to invest in it as much as you can.
Thank you steve!

Sony ... In your experience: Why do you think the Greencard was approved for you but now you face all those difficult problems? Do you have the impression that the greencard processing was kind of 'relaxed' and the naturalization a 'question-everything-again' deal?

I ask because I try to understand how the naturalization process would differ from all the other immigration proceeding I had - all without problem.

Movibe

movibe said:
Sony ... In your experience: Why do you think the Greencard was approved for you but now you face all those difficult problems? Do you have the impression that the greencard processing was kind of 'relaxed' and the naturalization a 'question-everything-again' deal?

I ask because I try to understand how the naturalization process would differ from all the other immigration proceeding I had - all without problem.

Movibe

the naturalization is the last step of the immigration process. once you become a US citizne, you would be granted the rights which are only for US citizen (not to the green card holder).

I believe the naturalization is not just a question-everything-again deal. It is a complete check on any and everything about your before they grant the approval on your case.

Sony 55, I am truly sorry to hear this about your case my friend. Hang in there and you shall prevail. You are such a great asset for this country, and a true American.

I know you will prevail. Please keep us posted. Good luck to you.

Publicus.

Publicus said:
Sony 55, I am truly sorry to hear this about your case my friend. Hang in there and you shall prevail. You are such a great asset for this country, and a true American.

I know you will prevail. Please keep us posted. Good luck to you.

Publicus.
Thank you so so much Publicus, i will keep u updated

Got the appointment for hearing!

I just got my notce to appear for appeal hearing. On October 25th. the letter said that anything i would say can and will used against me in a court of Law lol, they are trying to scare me off . I am going for my right anyway, i am not scared, did nothing wrong to back off.
wish me good luck

Hi Sony;

This is good news that they did not deny your appeal without a hearing. My recommendation is to consult with a lawyer and have him with you in the hearing. He must go with you through the questions they may ask and be prepared with the right answers.

Good luck
Steve

sony55 said:
what would be good things to prove good moral character. I haven't been envolved in community work.
thanks

may be you should prove you did not do any thing to make you disqualify for having a good moral character.

basically proving you did not have any crimal records is the first thing.

also, can you have your employer, friends who have professional title (such as medical doctor, university professiors..etc) to write you a recommentation letter or describle whom you are.