I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Congratulations,
It was a day of a defining moment for you. right??

They sent you an email around 10:45PM on Saturday. Do they work on the weekend that late? I guess it is an automated script that updates the system at night.

Hi everyone,

I just received this email from USCIS around 10:45PM today and it says that
Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On March 24, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
An email and text message from USCIS at 7:15PM today ...yes PM

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On April 1, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

I hope this is not some cruel April fools' day joke on me. I will only believe it when i get the card...so stay tuned.

On Hold since 11/06.
Country - Ethiopia
writ of mandamus in 2009 - forced to withdraw or face denial... after spending $$$

I sent a flurry of emails (on 03/15) to the TEXAS service center and DHS after learning that the party I am a member of was cleared(for support after 1993). Thank you BILA for that information! I owe this development especially to you, Melanie Nezer and all of you on this forum.

I will keep everyone posted (hopefully in a couple of days) if i get the card (i am so traumatized by this process to believe this is true...so bear with me)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On April 1, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

I hope this is not some cruel April fools' day joke on me. I will only believe it when i get the card...so stay tuned.

On Hold since 11/06.
Country - Ethiopia
writ of mandamus in 2009 - forced to withdraw or face denial... after spending $$$

I sent a flurry of emails (on 03/15) to the TEXAS service center and DHS after learning that the party I am a member of was cleared(for support after 1993). Thank you BILA for that information! I owe this development especially to you, Melanie Nezer and all of you on this forum.

I will keep everyone posted (hopefully in a couple of days) if i get the card (i am so traumatized by this process to believe this is true...so bear with me)

Congratulations GEM1234; glad your ordeal is over.
Did you have a Lawyer when you filed for Mandamus?
If YES, did your Lawyer agree to dismal or withdrawal?
What was USCIS response to the reason of hold?
I hope you don't mind answering those questions for me, and thanks in advance.

Congratulation GEM1234! Thank you for bring hope to this forum. I am also from Ethiopia was wondering which parties were exempt. Can you tell us which party you were?
Thanks!

On Hold since 11/06.
Country - Ethiopia

Deep Trigger,
Do you know whether or not country change of conditions affects those cases that are on hold for years? I heard that at the time of decision making/adjudication, the officer examines the country condition of the asylee before making a decision on the GC application which means there is a possibility of denial. Is that true?

No I am still on hold...
On hold since March 1999

Deep Trigger:
Yes I had a lawyer. We agreed to withdraw the law suit without giving up the option of bring it up in the future, if needed. Reason for hold was the 212 crap ..membership to a Tier III organization.

HBA:
my membership was in AAPO and EPRP(after 1993).

Deep Trigger,
Do you know whether or not country change of conditions affects those cases that are on hold for years? I heard that at the time of decision making/adjudication, the officer examines the country condition of the asylee before making a decision on the GC application which means there is a possibility of denial. Is that true?

Yes & NO. Because they would go back to your application file for review; only if there is an exemption authority for the group that you belong to, the Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism work with service center USCIS Asylum division where your case is pending; they already prepared a detailed "administrative record," about the group you belong to, which is a compilation of information, typically including both classified and open sources information, demonstrating that the statutory criteria for designation have been satisfied in your case and for the group that you belong to. At that point you are on hold. Once decided for the hold, they usually don’t go back because of change in the country of origin, but they just wait until the DHS Secretary issues an exemption authority for the group that you belong to, to review your case for adjudication purposes.

Deep Trigger:
Yes I had a lawyer. We agreed to withdraw the law suit without giving up the option of bring it up in the future, if needed. Reason for hold was the 212 crap ..membership to a Tier III organization.

HBA:
my membership was in AAPO and EPRP(after 1993).

Thanks for the info.

Hey Gem1234! What a wonderful news is this,I'm very happy for the outcome to be this positive.Thank God u r out of this bullshit.Pls give me some clue about ur lawyer and his address cause we share the same party.Once again congrats,this is very big.Cherish the day. Pls lets keep in touch.

Dear all,

may i ask you one question when i will apply I-130 for my husband how long I have to wait to approve the application? I am so scary that I would be terrorist again.
I don’t think anyone in this forum will be able to tell you how long it is going to take but you should start as soon as possible!

my i730 was placed on hold for 16 months when the processing time was only 5 months. then the case was approved because the party my spouse belonged was cleared from the list. now we filed for her i485 and it's over 5 months, normal processing times now a days for i485 is 4 months.. what is this a second round of torture ? i thought once the party was cleared off the list then it means they realized their mistake of putting innocent ones on hold, or am i wrong? are we doomed to receive the same treatment for rest of the life. we haven't done anything wrong , why again?

Noetic and others,

I do not have any update on anything lately. That is why I begged the question, that if someone knows or heard of anything new? Please do share with this forum.
Thanks All!

my i730 was placed on hold for 16 months when the processing time was only 5 months. then the case was approved because the party my spouse belonged was cleared from the list. now we filed for her i485 and it's over 5 months, normal processing times now a days for i485 is 4 months.. what is this a second round of torture ? i thought once the party was cleared off the list then it means they realized their mistake of putting innocent ones on hold, or am i wrong? are we doomed to receive the same treatment for rest of the life. we haven't done anything wrong , why again?

Hi, contaidus, nice to see you here again, it is now taking about 8 months, those quoted time frame are standard paragraphs and does not mean much but just approximate time, some get their application approved within 60 days, you should wait another 3 months, only time you should worry is when they sent a letter with a hold, which does not look like happening in your case since your party has been cleared.

I was visiting my brothers house and saw a Libyan family with lovely little children, I was feeling bad for the family, as you know the USA grants asylum to promote a democratic cause and then brands them as terrorists.

As we have all read and understood Patriotic act and real I D act and the supreme court ruling clearly specifying that 2 or more people opposing against their government of country will be considered as tier 3 organization, on the other hand they are joining the Libyan rebels to fight against the government and later destroying the families by granting asylum and put case on hold.

We all saw what happened to the families of asylum seekers who were standing up against Sadam Hussain and later labeled as tier 3 group, some of those groups are said to be established by the USA. i.e. Iraqi National Congress (INC.), the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK). Please check wikipedia for INC (created by president Bush Sr.) you will be surprised.
This is so pathetic and hypocrite.

I wish I had never come to the USA and deeply regret the damage to me and my family done by this dirty bureaucratic policy.

As I always say if I could get all my FICA and Medicare contribution for these 18 years back from the US government and another option to possibly immigrate to another country I will definitely do it considering a blessing in disguise.

thanks hecate, i don't know what to say man, scared to hell again. I am like a stray dog struck by lightning who is always scared of a little spark( saying in my native language but thats me now). man, i wish i had gone to Aus 13 yrs ago. i would've become a citizen by now and be a responsible father , son, etc not a scared dog. i am so scared of everything now. i have spent my prime time here, invested all i had got, and i am still on the edge. i am scared cuz people keep telling me that asylum is vulnerable to country condition. rebels in our country joined the govt and now killing and looting legally, cuz they are the govt now. i wonder if that's the case they are reviewing the cases again..

contaidus I wish I could tell you something good, but you are so right with your opinion in regards to asylum grant, recently I read one of the circular where USCIS has instructed the adjudication officers to review the cirumstances of the C O P prior adjudication for all I-485. You can figure out the rest.