I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hecate,
Are you sure that USCIS was instructed to review the country condition before approving I-485? Do you have the link for the memo? I want to read it

I am from Egypt. Does that mean they will deny my I-485 and revoke my asylum?
As you already know, Egypt went through a lot of changes in the last 3 months.

I spent 14 years in this country and I spent all my prime time here. I can't believe that after all these years I am still in a limbo.

I had big hope when President Obama got elected. I though that he will have some sympathy for the asylees and refugess. Unfortunately, he has done nothing.

The former president Bush did a lot of good things for the asylees and refugees. He removed the 10000 visa limit for the asylees-green card and allowed asylees to have unrestricted SS card and gave the asylees permanent employment authorization.
and cleared the backlog for the name check background check.

I hope president Obama will do good thinks too for the asylees. I am waiting for the change that he promised.

contaidus I wish I could tell you something good, but you are so right with your opinion in regards to asylum grant, recently I read one of the circular where USCIS has instructed the adjudication officers to review the cirumstances of the C O P prior adjudication for all I-485. You can figure out the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

I just read some of the most recent writings and it seems like you guys are super, extremely frustrated . I understand this pain as I am feeling it too, however, let us not get pessimistic and distracted. There are TWO main things that need to be done for an individual to have their Asylee and Refugee status adjusted and have their Permanent Resident Card in a situation like this. I am sure we all know that already, but I want to re-emphasize on it so we won't be just wondering around too much. As we know we are all on hold for various reasons, but mainly due to TIER III Terrorist Organizations affiliation Hold. So in this case, we need to focus on TWO factors ONLY.

1) Approval of Exemption from USCIS-DHS with Secretary's consideration of that particular TIER III group from the list of TIER III, so that the group can be considered for relief from th authorities and therefore they can start processing the pending AOS applications.

2) Making sure that, AFTER the EXEMPTION is allotted to a particualr party or group, without any further delay USCIS-DHS, to adjudicate individual's application ASAP.

The above are the two MOST important and ONLY things that can get us ALL through. As it has been happening to some other folks. I have heard, as some of you might have heard as well, that USCIS-DHS has mentioned their intentions to adjudicate several AOS applications that are on hold, by the end of this year, because they were or have been considering exemptions to around 16 more groups by 2011.

With that being said, yes it is true that USCIS do look at the country's background before adjudicating any application. Even though that country might have gone to several changes politically, socially and economically, it is always an extremely rare and tough situation that those changes can affect (in a good way) for the individuals who have been on hold in the U.S. for their pending Refugee and Asylee Applications. At the time of adjudication, the burden will onto the USICIS officer to show significant cause that situation regarding an individual have changed about 180 degrees and therefore it will be OK for that Individual to go back. I hope you all understand, what I mean. Now this is a general policy, whatever happens beyond that to anyone else, is something that is not dictated in the policies.

I hope it will help us all out!

Thanks,
May God Bless!

Free-Life

(1) Changed country conditions.

(i) If asylum status was granted prior to November 29, 1990, adjustment may be granted under 8 CFR 209.2(a)(2) , even though the applicant may no longer be a refugee because of changed country conditions.

(ii) If asylum status was granted on or after November 29, 1990, and the applicant can no longer demonstrate that he or she continues to be a refugee due to changed country conditions, the case should be referred to the asylum office for consideration of revocation of asylee status. However, officers should keep in mind the difficulty of establishing that a given applicant can no longer establish a well-founded fear of persecution solely because of changed country conditions. Despite vastly improved country co nditions, other factors may indicate that the applicant continues to be a refugee. Such factors may include, but are not limited to, severe persecution in the past or the continued possibility of localized persecution. Factors which, taken together with improved country conditions, may indicate that the applicant no longer continues to be a refugee.....

If asylum was granted after November 29, 1990 there will always be a risk of denial based on our coutry condition, the reason why I-485 can not be approved is due to the fact that it will grant us a parmanent residenence with a change of status and USCIS therefore considers taking unnecessary delay time rather then approve.
Free-life has a good opinion and that is what I hope for all of us.
Barack Obama had told prior elections that this delay will not continue and we will issue green cards to all those people that are on hold, but we have all seen the things he said before the elections and the said things not been done after he became president.
It was infact him who took material support case all the way upto supreme court where the case was concluded 2 or more people forming a party to oppose a goverment can fall into the material support group.
Nothing can be predicted, but I would stay with the opinion of Free-life, it makes some sense, lets wait and see what is next.
If I or some one comes across the memo (hopefuly) should give the web link ( unfortunately after spending several hours I am still unable to find the link that I accidently reached one time) so we may understand things better, it is good to think positive but not good to rule out the possibilities that may arise, I am thankful to free-life to dig so much, I myself feel comfortable reading his threads, however I believe if republicans would have won the elections we would not have been in this sitation for so long, besides Senator John Kyle (republican) has been very sincerely working in this cause but so far things are slow, remember there is no 100% gurantee that all parties will be exempted and USCIS/DHS may deny some parties from some countries that do not have much support from UNHCR, besides country conditions may also help them to an excuse, lets wait for upcoming months and see what is the next action by them.

Who do you think will help the asylees/refugees more (republican or democrat)? We need to know before the election so that we can tell our family members and friends who to to vote for in 2012.

As far as I know, former president Bush tried his best to help the asylees and refugees.

One of the best thing he did was removing the visa limit for asylees-green card and allowing asylees to have unrestricted SS card. He also eliminated the backlog for the name check background in 2008. He also tried 3 times to push for the immigration reform. He tried one time in his first term and twice in his second term. He tried so hard.

Actually it was not Bush who did all of the above mentioned things, it was a settlement agreement that earned that for the Asylees
see link
http://www.justice.gov/eoir/ogc/NgwanyiaVGonzales/NgwanyiaVGonzalesSettlementAgreement.pdf

Lets wait for few months and see what happens next, there are a lot of people working for us this includes Anwen Hughes and Melonie Nazer.
I am too skeptical about all this and for that reason I am pressing all of us to consider a class action to get our FICA and Medicare from the USA, so at least there is some financial security since these things will be impossible to claim once thrown out of the country, I have lived in the USA for about 20 years and have been working for past 18 years and contributing to my FICA and Medicare, that will be lost in case of denial.
However it is always better to have higher hopes for immigrants when Republicans are in power, at least as far a past history shows.

Hello guys i hope evryones doing fine.. i have a question from all of you if you guys can help i have recieved this same letter like you guys but im not a Asylee i have Employment based case EB3 rest of the world this is the letter i recieved

The processing of your case has been put on hold because you appear to be inadmissible pursuant to the terrorist-related grounds of inadmissibility under section 212 (a)(3)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

does anyone can tell me what i can do to find out why they put me in this category it will be a great help thankss

Hello guys i hope evryones doing fine.. i have a question from all of you if you guys can help i have recieved this same letter like you guys but im not a Asylee i have Employment based case EB3 rest of the world this is the letter i recieved

The processing of your case has been put on hold because you appear to be inadmissible pursuant to the terrorist-related grounds of inadmissibility under section 212 (a)(3)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

does anyone can tell me what i can do to find out why they put me in this category it will be a great help thankss

Here4long,
INA section 212(a)(3)(B) renders inadmissible an alien who provided material support or members for a terrorist organization. INA section 212(a)(3)(B) relates to individuals having affiliations with specific terrorist organizations. USCIS identified such individuals Subject to Terrorism-Related Inadmissibility Grounds Due to their involvement and send them similar letter.
In your case it maY be an error because EB3 shouldn't get that letter. a year ago I placed a service request and recieved information on EB3 mentioning cut out date, visa availability, employer sponsorship etc...USCIS doesn't have the best customer service, the customer service are handle by private compagny, who currently provide the wrong information. to aliens. I wouldn't worry to much.
All you can do is either to write them or to call the 1 800 #.
Good luck

Hi Guys,

My GC got approved today. I was a little bit nervous the past 3 months, since my asylum cased was on hold for more than 2 yrs due to the infamous 212.a.3.b crap. But my GC got approved exactly months after I filed.

FYI I am from Ethiopia.

Wish you all good luck!!

Looking forward to the naturalization.

Hi Asylee_2007

Hi Guys,

My GC got approved today. I was a little bit nervous the past 3 months, since my asylum cased was on hold for more than 2 yrs due to the infamous 212.a.3.b crap. But my GC got approved exactly months after I filed.

FYI I am from Ethiopia.

Wish you all good luck!!

Looking forward to the naturalization.

Congratulation Asylee_2007 I am glad that is over for you. I am also from Ethiopia can you tell us your party;)

hi every one,

I had waited 5 years for my green card because of ina 212a3b, but i only got one year back date. But, my friend is the same situation and same year he waited for his GC and he got back 5 years back date, and he is ready to apply for his citizenship. Does anyone know what is the difference and how can i do?

Please advise, Biometrics question.

Hey guys,
I have a question:
A female friend of mine, who has been on hold due to [212(a)3(b) material support bar] since 2004 has received a biometrics appointment code-3, for Sat May 14, 2011.

She did one biometrics appointment code-3 on 4/2005, ...........since then nothing...

What do you think of that?
Is it progressing?
Is it the route of a possible approval ?

yes, It is good sign, and it's seemed improving.
Hey guys,
I have a question:
A female friend of mine, who has been on hold due to [212(a)3(b) material support bar] since 2004 has received a biometrics appointment code-3, for Sat May 14, 2011.

She did one biometrics appointment code-3 on 4/2005, ...........since then nothing...

What do you think of that?
Is it progressing?
Is it the route of a possible approval ?

Not yet ...
But I know 2 people who been on hold for a long time they just received biometrics request(fingerprint) for end of May.

We will see, they both asked me what the request would lead to: I don't know.
Any one with experience about fingerprint and long pending request.

Thanks

I was asked to do my fingerprinting in 2003, 2005, 2007 and May 2009, June 2009 and again in July 2009 (the office refused to fingerprint me for the one in July 2009, and I had to get an appointment with local service center because my attorney told me to have it documented but the fingerprint office was extremely rude and did not give any thing in writing but just informed me that it is the policy to only fingerprint twice) , I had also submitted my medical with my application in October 1999, they had me redo in August 2004, and then again in August 2009, and after that they sent me an email to my inquiry in September 2009 that "your case is on hold....212a3b...".
I don't know if my reply helps you but just so you are aware of these morons and how they treat us.

I was asked to do my fingerprinting in 2003, 2005, 2007 and May 2009, June 2009 and again in July 2009 (the office refused to fingerprint me for the one in July 2009, and I had to get an appointment with local service center because my attorney told me to have it documented but the fingerprint office was extremely rude and did not give any thing in writing but just informed me that it is the policy to only fingerprint twice) , I had also submitted my medical with my application in October 1999, they had me redo in August 2004, and then again in August 2009, and after that they sent me an email to my inquiry in September 2009 that "your case is on hold....212a3b...".
I don't know if my reply helps you but just so you are aware of these morons and how they treat us.

Hecate, it is always good to see your email surfacing on this forum.
By the way thanks for your reply.
Do you mind telling me what the code was on your biometrics? or did the ASC take your photos and signature as well on each of those fingerprint appointment dates?

Please, let me know.

Hi Deep Trigger here are the details for my ASC
2003 code nil, 2004 code 1, 2005 code 2 with picture (I don't remember if they did or did not take my signature but slight inclination they did take my signature,my memory is not that good), 2006 code 1, May 2009 code 3 with picture and signature, June 2009 code 1 (I believe they retook my signature and picture), July 2009 after receiving ASC the office declined to fingerprinting, I was informed they only do 2 fingerprinting and they said this ASC is in error.
I hope this information will be helpful to you, good luck.