I am no Terrorist, any advice?

GC received today. Best of luck to all of you.

Congratulations.
Tell us how you feel after you received the first approval text msg? I call it the day of a defining moment isn't? . I think it is one of the best moments of your life. Enjoy it and God bless you.

Congratulations Waiting 1 and best luck every one.

I received the travel document last week so we will see what the future hold planning to travel this summer ,I also applied for my file through FOIA

Guys I have a good news to share with you, I received the following email today from my lawyer. Thanks god am free. I hope everyone will receive his GC very soon. this is the post # 78 for me in this forum lol

Dear XXXX,

I have the answer to your question - I just received this message from my contact at
USCIS HQ:

Thomas,

Once again, thank you for the follow up inquiry. I checked in again with NSC, and
received word that your client's I-485 was approved today. He should receive the
approval notice in next week's mail. Thank you and have a Happy New Year.

Congratulations!! Let me know when you receive the approval notice.

Happy New Year!
Thomas

Guys I have a good news to share with you, I received the following email today from my lawyer. Thanks god am free. I hope everyone will receive his GC very soon. this is the post # 78 for me in this forum lol

Dear XXXX,

I have the answer to your question - I just received this message from my contact at
USCIS HQ:

Thomas,

Once again, thank you for the follow up inquiry. I checked in again with NSC, and
received word that your client's I-485 was approved today. He should receive the

Happy New Year!
Thomas

therouk,
when did you apply ?
Congrats by the way.

Thanks guys, my status says "On December 30, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you....." oh god it feel good to be over with this all none sense crap 212. totallylost I fought USCIS about SPLA becasue I had nothing to do with them, but Thomas(DC Lawyer) was saying something about SPLA so I advice u to call him.

Deep trigger: I applied on 09/27/2007.

What a haapy new year, and happy new year for all

I'm new to this & has a pending I 495 case since May of 2006.I'm from Ethiopia and and got my asylum approved in July of 2002.Is there any one who can help me find an advise on this case.

Dear XXXX,

USCIS HQ:

Thomas,

Happy New Year!
Thomas

Congratulations Therouk! We are all very happy for you. Do you know what your lawyer has done for you specifically? so we can learn from his strategy.

I'm new to this & has a pending I 495 case since May of 2006.I'm from Ethiopia and and got my asylum approved in July of 2002.Is there any one who can help me find an advise on this case.
Just to make some correction.My case is I 485, And my asylum case is EPRP

congratulations therouk.
biia, is your case on hold due to 212 a 3 b? You can contact your congressman to inquire about your case. Also you can get your file from the USCIS using the freedom of information act (FOIA), the form is available on the uSCIS website. As far as the status of your party you can contact Melanie Nezer at melanie.nezer@hias.org, she may be able to tell you if your party has been cleared by DHS or not. Best of luck.

Thank you Waiting-1 for the info.Yes my case is pending based on 212 a 3b & I already knew it through my senator's office.I was looking to this FOIA on uscis site but couldn't find it, would u pls send me where its located.

thanks

Pls disregard it I'm already got it.Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Bila:
My case has also been on hold since 2006 based on EPRP membership. I filed WOM in 2008. USCIS filed an 11 page response to the court on why my case was on hold...basically the 212 crap... and was told to voluntarily dismiss my case (or face denial at that time). I did so without waiving my right to sue USCIS again in the future if i need to as there was no point in going forward with the case. They claim EPRP is in the Tier III list even though it was not included in the documents they sent me to my FOIA request. Thought i will let you know.

Hi GEM1234.Thank u for The info. What do you think is the right way to challenge this.Should we simply sit & wait or is there something that we do together.

waiting to hear fm u

Hi Bila:
I don't want to sound pessimistic but i have tried every single avenue there is to check and try(including a costly lawsuit that i was forced to withdraw) and believe i have exhausted them all. I am more than willing to try anything outside the box that you or someone else here can think of we might try. I will suggest you file the FOIA and at least see if they in fact have EPRP on the list this time (if not that could give us some ammunition to go after them, even though they could easily add it back to the list whenever they want without any justification).

I was following up on the Refugee Protection Act of 2010 VERY closely which was introduced last year that could have solved our problems. That bill never came out of committee and is dead now. Short of a legislative fix or some blanket waiver from the executive branch, i don't really see any way out after having gone through the lawsuit and the ridiculous "response" they give for holding up all our cases. This is government incompetency and ignorance at its finest! Sorry i couldn't be of any help. But please do let us know how your FOIA request go and we can see if there is anything we can do from there.