I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Waiting-1
Here what I got from my lawyer, it does not make any sense to me.
Hi ***,

I received the following response from USCIS today:

Thomas,

Thank you for your query. While USCIS has released for adjudication those cases
associated with the DUP, Mr.****'s case remains on hold due to his
membership with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and the Sudan People's
Liberation Movement (SPLM). The record does not currently reflect an end date with
respect to his participation in the latter two organizations. If you have any
questions, or would like additional information, please let us know.

Sincerely,

David Tu

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Service Center Operations Directorate

Let me know if you want to discuss possible next steps.

Best regards,
Thomas
In a later email he said the following afer reading my file

if you left Sudan at age 16 and have not had any involvement since then, I believe you are eligible to adjust -- even under USCIS guidelines (ie, even if you'd been a soldier with SPLM, you would have been a minor at the time).
I did truly left my country at the age of 17. What you guys think, thanks?

I don't know but to me it could just be a simple answer if you left Sudan before you were 16 other wise they consider you to be not eligible since they presume you were associated until you left your country, you have to wait until the later 2 parties are exempted or sue USCIS, I wish you good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
therouk,
This whole thing is just a farce. One of those morons must have read somewhere that DUP was in alliance with SPLM at one point in time and then he just came up with this geniuos conclusion to put you on hold. It is unwritten policy in the Office of Asylum to try not to grant permenat residency to any asyleee if they can get away with it. What they think is that all asylees are crooks and they don't deserve their asylum status, howver the law does not allow them to do that so they get back at us using this hold. that what it is clear and simple.

If I have been a minor at the time and I can prof that will they adjust my application? the thing I dont get it where they getting the SPLAM or NDA from, that just sucks. I have no choice left except continue with Thomas till we sue them very soon if they refuse to adjust my file.

therouk,
This whole thing is just a farce. One of those morons must have read somewhere that DUP was in alliance with SPLM at one point in time and then he just came up with this geniuos conclusion to put you on hold. It is unwritten policy in the Office of Asylum to try not to grant permenat residency to any asyleee if they can get away with it. What they think is that all asylees are crooks and they don't deserve their asylum status, howver the law does not allow them to do that so they get back at us using this hold. that what it is clear and simple.
Waiting-1 Your wisdom is impressive this sound so true.
therouk if you see I-485 application they ask for your affiliation and association with any group since you were 16, you may see a form I-485 by down loading from internet, if you were not associated before that time then you are already exempted from this hold as per the rules.

From what everyone's saying, it sounds like they're just being ultra careful and classifying anyone even remotely suspicious (justification might be non existent), into the terrorist bin. In the case of the poster, all should be OK.

From what everyone's saying, it sounds like they're just being ultra careful and classifying anyone even remotely suspicious (justification might be non existent), into the terrorist bin. In the case of the poster, all should be OK.

And it takes them 18 years (not to find out) to investigate, perhaps the other message you gave me is these guys are ignorant and incompetent, low I Q high school graduates living and feeding in the name of national security that does not even exist in these cases, the food they put on their table for their family is my tax dollar, bravo department of justice, what a nice way to pay back, sure we are asylees living on their mercy.

Hba

Hi usa21,
Hi, HBA
I am also not sure what should do. I am the only one who do not get my GC in my community. Everyone else with the same party and same organigatiob got their GC respectively. I am really confused that I need to sue USCIS or wait a little bit. I am from Burma and I donated $10 organization called ABSDF. But, the student leader from that party got his GC long time ago, and is living in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Hi usa21,
Hi, HBA
I am also not sure what should do. I am the only one who do not get my GC in my community. Everyone else with the same party and same organigatiob got their GC respectively. I am really confused that I need to sue USCIS or wait a little bit. I am from Burma and I donated $10 organization called ABSDF. But, the student leader from that party got his GC long time ago, and is living in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Hi usa21

Few week ago i posted the e-mail i got from Melanie she stated " DHS noted at a meeting on September 14 that that exemption authority for two groups, the ABSDF (Burma) and the AISS (India) are pending final approval by the Secretary of Homeland Security" So my advice is first to contact Melanie and wait it shouldn't be much longer before your approval

Good Luck!!

hi,
yes, i know it shouldn't be lond to get final signature of secretary of homeland security. It is pending since september 14 to get a sign for it. I am be patient, but you know it is really fraustrated for me. Ms. Amwen said she hasn't heard further approval after summer exemption. How you guys think what should I do? Sue it ir wait a little bit?
Hi usa21

Few week ago i posted the e-mail i got from Melanie she stated " DHS noted at a meeting on September 14 that that exemption authority for two groups, the ABSDF (Burma) and the AISS (India) are pending final approval by the Secretary of Homeland Security" So my advice is first to contact Melanie and wait it shouldn't be much longer before your approval

Good Luck!!

All these facts are really confusing to me perhaps for everyone. I know so many Nepalese asylees that are member of Nepali Congress and its student wings and they have got GC very easily and promptly. But in my case, I am on hold. I was member of Nepali Congress and its student wing, but Nepali Congress is the most democratic party in Nepal, its not a terrorist organization rather was and even at present is against terrorism. Why I am on hold......

And in recent dates, all of sudden so many Nepalese started getting GCs that were on hold from several years but I am still the unlucky one.... and it sucks

Can u tell who is your lawer? Because we do not have no choice to fight for it. I doesn't make sense. How much do you spend for it? Because we needd to calculate our budget and fight for it.
yeah alone[/QUOTE]

koteya
Any update regarding your law sue. For the others any news guys or updates?

Waiting-1 Your wisdom is impressive this sound so true.
therouk if you see I-485 application they ask for your affiliation and association with any group since you were 16, you may see a form I-485 by down loading from internet, if you were not associated before that time then you are already exempted from this hold as per the rules.

I looked up the I-485 Part 3 and I am very sure I put none, so I dont know where the heck they getting their info from. holy crap this getting no where. I hired a lawyer and he said may go to court if no result so I have to wait and see.

Well my wife who was derivative got her Green Card (new design as they say) i liked it but me being principal nothing happened to my case still acceptance and lud was changed after i did bio since then nothing i don't how its possible without approving the principal they approve derivative and i don't know what to do. any suggestions

I looked up the I-485 Part 3 and I am very sure I put none, so I dont know where the heck they getting their info from. holy crap this getting no where. I hired a lawyer and he said may go to court if no result so I have to wait and see.
In my case I also put nothing in my I-485 and they sent me RFE "Request for evidence" but when I got my FOIA "Freedom of Information Act" my asylum was linked with my I-485 application, so may be you should check you asylum documents may be they linked your asylum document with your I-485, but any ways, as you can see how unorganized and ignorant they are based on that it is possible they may have mistakenly done some thing wrong to your file, I was told by human rights attorney, (who are the most closely linked with our situation and perhaps the only lawyers with knowledge in our issues) nothing can be done but wait patiently until your exemption. The court how ever does not have the responsibility to adjudicate your case but to ask USCIS for your decision in certain amount of time normally 60 days or 30 otherwise if it deems reasonable, upon which USCIS blackmails the plaintiff for denial based on nonavailability of exemption weather required or not required in certain cases, it is not the authority of court to ask for adjudication, however I believe if we continue to fight and take denial we do however have another option to seek justice based on wrongful denial, in such instances USCIS has mostly lost the cases as they were not able to proof such charges against the plaintiff. Unfortunately there is no justice and it is frustrating for both of us and all the others, it would be taking a shot weather the judge will be fair or not (no further comments).
Did you talk to any attorney and have you requested the FOIA from USCIS, by the way FOIA normally does not cost anything and it has some valuable information, I would suggest one must not hire an attorney without FOIA in cases like ours.

In my case I also put nothing in my I-485 and they sent me RFE "Request for evidence" but when I got my FOIA "Freedom of Information Act" my asylum was linked with my I-485 application.

Hecate,
How was your asylum application linked to I-485? Was it linked through the declaration letter or was it linked through some of the questions that you answered on I-589 (asylum application)?

Hecate,
How was your asylum application linked to I-485? Was it linked through the declaration letter or was it linked through some of the questions that you answered on I-589 (asylum application)?
Through my asylum application I-589 the information I provided , I found out when I did freedom of information they had my asylum and I-485 linked, even though it was totally the wrong party and I had nothing to do with it nor did I mention any thing about that party, but on my I-485 they connected me to that party and it was attached and answers were ticked marked from my I-589 (or what ever the asylum application is) but still they screwed it up, and my attorney says you have to wait until that party clears and further inform them you had nothing to do with that party but it would only complicate the case (frustrating mess).

Does anyone know how to file for Freedom of information Act? i did apply one time but it came back none of information. Does anyone advise me to file for it?