I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I heard this story from a friend of mine. The wife of my friend was the principal asylee and he is a derivative. The wife got her citizinship a year agoa nd he applied for I-485 again as a sposue (he applied before as asylee but never got any response probably due to the 212 hold). When he went to the interview the ofice told him that he has another application open and she can not grant him the green card until the first case is cleared (i.e the 212 hold). So it seems that this hold is like a curse once it sticks itself to you then there is no way you can get it off.

Based on the information below, asylum cases should not have been sent for adjudication in Nebraska by DHS in the first place, it is a state of high hate crime and increases racism every year, please Google link below, no wonder why so many innocent people are being punished, it is not the crime we did it is in fact the crime they are doing in hate and discrimination, 14% increase in hate crime.
http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2009/07/15/4a5e0a42acd63

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the kind of people who are totally illetrate and the ones who tell us "go back home", now what happens when these racist states gets the opportunity to adjudicate asylum, you figure out, the local service center are normally helpful and show helplessness to help us based upon the Nebraska and other racist states, this should be considered by the higher offices of DHS, but then they always like a mix of good cop and a bad cop to balance out, that is the way bad bureaucracy works.

Dear fellows,
I have a technical question that I hope one of you may be able to answer. if I go for Nunc pro tunc asylum application is it going to be stuck in the hold again? My I-485 is on hold becuase I'm a derivative asylee whose spouse was a member of Tier III party. My spouse didn't have any hold and she will become citizin soon. I figure if I can drop the initial application and apply nunc pro tunc this may end the association with the Tier III party as I have no political activities as was described in my application. Any suggestions Hecate, Deep trigger?

Dear fellows,
I have a technical question that I hope one of you may be able to answer. if I go for Nunc pro tunc asylum application is it going to be stuck in the hold again? My I-485 is on hold becuase I'm a derivative asylee whose spouse was a member of Tier III party. My spouse didn't have any hold and she will become citizin soon. I figure if I can drop the initial application and apply nunc pro tunc this may end the association with the Tier III party as I have no political activities as was described in my application. Any suggestions Hecate, Deep trigger?

Both my parents are USA citizens since long, if they sponsor me it will not make any sense neither will it make any sense if I get married to a USA citizen, my friend who was married to a USA citizen was also on asylum hold when his name was released they told him to withdraw one of the application, however they put him for a long hold even after he got married, once your name is put on 212 only way out is wait for removal of your name, nothing else matters here, not even if you don't belong to that group, my attorney told me to wait until the group they connected me with clears off and then for the records once if that group clears I can inform them I had nothing to do with them, either way it will not make any sense because the name is cleared and green card will be in process so why complicate it.
Your name will clear soon since all the hold cases are now processing faster you are better off waiting then wasting money on attorneys it will not make a difference, YOUR NAME MUST BE CLEARED BY DHS (PERIOD). Just like your name check and finger prints has to be cleared by FBI.

hi to everyone

hello everyone,

After receiving GC I traveled to India without any problems except that corrupt Indian immigration officer tried to ask for bribe by holding me few minutes on the line. When I started answering him loud, another officer heard of it and said let him go. Then I managed to sneak into the places I wanted to go including my hometown. Not a problem. Remember, I was on hold due to this 212 bullshit. It is never brought up on the customs when I arrived back. The custom officer asked me where I went, how long was my trip and if I went back to my country. Then stamped my passport and the blue form (which is to declare what stuffs I bought back with me) and had me taken photograph, fingerprints and said next in the line. Thats it. took me about 30 seconds.

Guys don't be afraid to travel if you have a travel doc. I don't know about for you those who are on hold, I believe you can travel too.

Someone told me lots of cases are being cleared up recently and there should not be any hold.

section 212 a3b

I have been put on hold as late as last September 2010, and as many of you, I am really concerned about this hold. Can anyone advise me about what to do. The questions that have are: Do I need to hire an attorney, file for FOIA or something? Can I travel while on hold?
I am an asylee from Congo Brazzaville (Africa), granted Asylum in 2006 and filed for GC in March 2007. Hence, I am not really sure what tier I am at this point. If there is any latest info you might have, please fill me in.

Both my parents are USA citizens since long, if they
sponsor me it will not make any sense neither will it make any sense if I get married to a USA citizen, my friend who was married to a USA citizen was also on asylum hold when his name was released they told him to withdraw one of the application, however they put him for a long hold even after he got married, once your name is put on 212 only way out is wait for removal of your name, nothing else matters here, not even if you don't belong to that group, my attorney told me to wait until the group they connected me with clears off and then for the records once if that group clears I can inform them I had nothing to do with them, either way it will not make any sense because the name is cleared and green card will be in process so why complicate it.
Your name will clear soon since all the hold cases are now processing faster you are better off waiting then wasting money on attorneys it will not make a difference, YOUR NAME MUST BE CLEARED BY DHS (PERIOD). Just like your name check and finger prints has to be cleared by FBI.

Another update.'On November 30, 2010, the post office returned your Card as undeliverable....'
Damn USPS. I opened an SR to get it back.

Congratulations, Kkebero.

Gourel double 0 seven, yes you can travel while on hold. Your hold will have no effect on any benefits pertaining to your status as an Asylee.

M confused, my wife who was derivative asylee got her Green Card almost been a month but me being principal asylee nothing happened to my case still acceptance and lud was changed after i did bio since then nothing i don't how its possible without approving the principal they approve derivative and i don't know what to do. i do want to call them but processing times is still under bracket and if i call them are they going to hold my wife GC too or anything.pls suggest.

Its CIS buddy - renowned all over for their inconsistencies and ridiculousness. You'll get approved as soon as an officer goes over your case.