I am no Terrorist, any advice?

my congressman told me a couple of month back that the DHS said this is classified material they can not give out any info about the exemption procedure and that he has no updates for me ,now i will contact him tomorrow and see if there is any change

I got the email from mezaline last week that the party that I involved has been prepared to get the signature of secretary of homeland security. The final stage. She said after that all cases related to that party will be released for adjustication. She told me that I willreceive some news very soon.

Usa21, I am confused of how soon is soon. At the end of august I was also told that the party I belonged to(CUDP) has been taken of from the list as of June 2010, I should get some news regarding my case very soon. Well it's gonna be almost a month and no movement in my case yet. Do you by chance have the parties short listed for removal from the Tier III list? Just wanted to cross check that my party is really removed from Tier III.

For other members, how about we make list of parties removed so far from Tier III, if any? (we can open another thread just for te lists). This will be helpful for as a reference.

Here what I got when I contacted the local Sentor.

" I spoke with the USCIS Nebraska Service Center's congressional liaison who stated
your I485 application is still on hold. However, she did say that there were a 1,000
or so cases released recently so it could be that they have not released your
application yet. She suggested I check back in 45 days to see if there is any
movement on the case. She figured it was either they have not released it yet
either because they simply have not gotten to it, or that your case was held up by
something other than the DUP hold.

Please contact me again in 45 days and I will make another inquiry. " Please guy any suggest or comment regarding this

Usa21, I am confused of how soon is soon. At the end of august I was also told that the party I belonged to(CUDP) has been taken of from the list as of June 2010, I should get some news regarding my case very soon. Well it's gonna be almost a month and no movement in my case yet. Do you by chance have the parties short listed for removal from the Tier III list? Just wanted to cross check that my party is really removed from Tier III.

For other members, how about we make list of parties removed so far from Tier III, if any? (we can open another thread just for te lists). This will be helpful for as a reference.

The process is not finalized, it means USCIS is still currently working on it, and has not yet come to a conclusion or final dertermination, when they do, the waiver process will start by applying the DHS Exemption authority, which has not yet taken place. Nothing started yet, I got this from my congressman help. I asked tons of questions they forwarded to USCIS, and got answers of each one of them, I now have a better understanding. Again, NOTHING at all yet has started. Informations being exchanged are altered and became slightly changed from one inqyuiry agency to the other. But the bottom line is., no one will come forward and say I am approved, when someone does many others in this forum will as well at the same time, and this is what to look for.

All of these people who are claiming that their groups are cleared are still waiting, it is not Groups Clearance, it is Exemption Authority on individuals by case to case basis. This is how it was clearly explained to me. Any questions let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
a) theourk's congressman/congresswoman/senator " I spoke with the USCIS Nebraska Service Center's congressional liaison who stated
your I485 application is still on hold. However, she did say that there were a 1,000
or so cases released recently so it could be that they have not released your
application yet. "

b) deeptrigger after talking to his office of congressman: The process is not finalized, it means USCIS is still currently working on it, and has not yet come to a conclusion or final dertermination, when they do, the waiver process will start by applying the DHS Exemption authority, which has not yet taken place. Nothing started yet, I got this from my congressman help.

totally lost, "my congressman told me a couple of month back that the DHS said this is classified material they can not give out any info about the exemption procedure and that he has no updates for me ,now i will contact him tomorrow and see if there is any change"

kkebero, : I am confused of how soon is soon. At the end of august I was also told that the party I belonged to(CUDP) ( Nepali congress for me) has been taken of from the list as of June 2010, I should get some news regarding my case very soon.

me: latest update from Melanie. 6 days ago she told me that cases pertaining to Nepali congresses are being reviewed. She did not say anything about waiting till 2011. what the hell...

see the conflicting messages, the representitives are giving conflicting answers. compare a) to b) totally opposite. one of them must be lying, not knowing, or talked to someone who didn't know what was going on.

our cases are hold without any reasons. I don't understand why my application takes so long to process. I am simply asylum and I didn't do anything in this country.

our cases are hold without any reasons. I don't understand why my application takes so long to process. I am simply asylum and I didn't do anything in this country.

usa21,
Yes, you're right. Our cases are hold without any apparent reason. You are not alone, there are many more innocent victims. I guess you haven't been waiting since 1999, I have ben ..., I know you experienced what it feels like to wait with no estimated time.

What makes my patience even worst is the time I am here in this country legally, I applied for asylum in 1993 and was granted in 1998, and waiting since then, that is a long time for some one who never broken any law and always stayed legally in the USA.
There is no compensation and justice, the families are suffering and the USCIS has no integrity for the people suffered due to human rights issues.

I know its easy for me to console since I no longer need to live through this ordeal, but I'd highly urge you all to remain patient and not read too much into what the congressmen are saying. Most of you should receive your approvals by the end of the month. Its been like how long..3 weeks since a number of us on here received our approvals? The nonsense shared by the congressmen are illogical.

Walker bro, thanks a lot for coming back to help us again in this time of confusion. i am more worried now than ever before. I feel like those who could be waived are waived and us are destined to be doomed forever. no disrespect to deeptrigger, but i highly doubt on the information he received from his congressman. what federal agent would like to tell a congressman that they approved cases who were labelled for material support in mistake. if they did, what a shame. if they approve cases by mistake then a valid question is how many cases get denied, or put on hold because of mistakes too.
almost every message i read i now a days are conflicting from one another. i don't know what to believe. according to one user a congressman says 1000 cases were approved and we will hear some more approvals in the beginning of October, then another congressman says no there has been no approvals yet so far, all the approvals were mistakes.now what do i pray, pray that more mistakes will happen so i get approved too.
Anwen is not answering. ms Hughes told me she'll get back and haven't for few days. i am lost and confused. oh god ... what a torture...

Cortadius, it took Anewn five days to reply to my last email. I am sure she will reply to you too, may be she is researching your case or they might be having a meeting with USCIS and she wants to give recent updates based on that.

I'm hoping that we will see some light before by first week of October. Otherwise i will be heartbroken...

Walker bro, thanks a lot for coming back to help us again in this time of confusion. i am more worried now than ever before. I feel like those who could be waived are waived and us are destined to be doomed forever. no disrespect to deeptrigger, but i highly doubt on the information he received from his congressman. what federal agent would like to tell a congressman that they approved cases who were labelled for material support in mistake. if they did, what a shame. if they approve cases by mistake then a valid question is how many cases get denied, or put on hold because of mistakes too.
almost every message i read i now a days are conflicting from one another. i don't know what to believe. according to one user a congressman says 1000 cases were approved and we will hear some more approvals in the beginning of October, then another congressman says no there has been no approvals yet so far, all the approvals were mistakes.now what do i pray, pray that more mistakes will happen so i get approved too.
Anwen is not answering. ms Hughes told me she'll get back and haven't for few days. i am lost and confused. oh god ... what a torture...

I also got this e-mail from Nezer.

At a meeting with USCIS last week, we were told that a number of groups were in the process of being finalized for presentation to the Secretary of Homeland Security for authorization of exemption waivers. We should know more in early October – please stay in touch. They did say that they still plan to have ½ the cases on hold resolved by the end of 2010, and all of the cases resolved by the end of 2011.

Melanie

Melanie Nezer
Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy
HIAS

I also got this e-mail from Nezer.

At a meeting with USCIS last week, we were told that a number of groups were in the process of being finalized for presentation to the Secretary of Homeland Security for authorization of exemption waivers. We should know more in early October – please stay in touch. They did say that they still plan to have ½ the cases on hold resolved by the end of 2010, and all of the cases resolved by the end of 2011.

Melanie

Melanie Nezer
Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy
HIAS

I only hope that they do not have a quota on these approvals, which would be releasing certain amount of cases, as we saw some approvals and now activity looks completely frozen.

I only hope that they do not have a quota on these approvals, which would be releasing certain amount of cases, as we saw some approvals and now activity looks completely frozen.

Her e-mail said <<number of groups were in the process of being finalized for presentation to the Secretary of Homeland Security for authorization of exemption waivers>>.

being finalized for presentation to the Secretary of Homeland Security for authorization of exemption waivers, there is no quota, the quota was already lifted by congress, it is just that the process is ongoing and not final yet.