I am no Terrorist, any advice?

congratulations Nepali bro, however your case is little different. According to your statements from your earlier posts USCIS admitted they made a mistake on your case, so technically you didn't have hold for last 4-5 months, if i understand it correctly. anyways, good luck with your future. do you know other Nepalis getting approval or Nepali parties getting out of the hold list?

Cortaidus, you are right about that. You are accurate to find that information from my previous posts. I had received 212 letter, then went to see my lawyer. She advised to do two things. Apply for a waiver of inadmissibility and contact congressional office, and did both. The congressional office pushed harder to get this hold removed. And the USCIS sent a letter saying that hold letter was a mistake and mentioned to wait for 6 months to process. But it is just a little bit over 6 months (2 weeks over) that they approved the case.
When I contacted the USCIS, in between 1 time, they told me that my case status was pending. Then the congressional office contacted USCIS and were told that my case was back on 212 hold again. So it was a really huge mess. On top of that, the travel document I filed for was denied, then approved again after the congressional office made an inquiry. So there are lots of mistakes have been made.

But for those of you who think my case is different from yours, I would say no because we all were tagged for material support non-sense. My congressional rep says there are about 2000 more cases left to process. So all of you can have just a little more patience since you have waited already so long. You all will be approved and I am sure about that (if you are not seriously involved in crimes).

Yes, I know 1 more Nepalese case was approved last week and he received the same message in email and case status as I did. So do not worry. Its coming.

Goodluck to all of you.

What's really going on?

is USCIS / DHS REALLY processing and approving the pending cases ?
or are they just reviewing them for pre-adjudication purposes ?
Reasons being is that I know lot of people with pending applications including mine but no one so far received approval of any kind besides LUD and LUD only.
Looks like some, a very few people though getting approved according to some posts in this forum.

What's going on ? Can we get some kind of better explanation ? or what's really happening.

I asked lawyers, wrote letter to USCIS HQ, DHS HQ no one seems to know nothing, no information available to the public. What ever's going on, the process is not transparent,

I applied at 1999---still pending.
victim of quota---finally eliminated no more cap.
victim of name check---backlog cleared, no longer an issue.
victim of material support bar--- group I belong still not clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because, Mr/Miss Einstein, going back home is not an option. People sought asylum fearing prosecution. People want to live in peace.
I just saying maybe you should take into consideration that the system you are facing here in the usa is more then obviously hostile towards asylum seekers and pretty biased against anyone coming from "muslim" countries ...asylum should be sought maybe in other muslim countries
also uscis obviously is monitoring this kind of cases.. and it did not escape unnoticed that lots of asylum seekers from muslim countries are seeking asylum on the ground of religious persecution (ie for the reason being militant islamists back home !!-this goes for about 90% of asylum seekers from Egypt,Pakistan,Jordan,Morocco... etc)

I just saying maybe you should take into consideration that the system you are facing here in the usa is more then obviously hostile towards asylum seekers and pretty biased against anyone coming from "muslim" countries ...asylum should be sought maybe in other muslim countries
also uscis obviously is monitoring this kind of cases.. and it did not escape unnoticed that lots of asylum seekers from muslim countries are seeking asylum on the ground of religious persecution (ie for the reason being militant islamists back home !!-this goes for about 90% of asylum seekers from Egypt,Pakistan,Jordan,Morocco... etc)
"

"should've been" would be an appropriate word on this occasion. Remember that we've already been granted asylum?

I get the gist of what you're trying to say and to some extent, I do agree. But again, since asylum has already been granted, why dwell? Besides, I don't think European countries are as lucrative as the U.S. Maybe that's the reason why the U.S. isn't that eager to ease its immigration policy as far as asylum is concerned. 9/11 certainly played a huge part on it.

For the record, the political party that my dad belonged to is the leading party that has no ties w/ terrorism whatsoever. My country used to be called a "zone of peace" until the terrorists started an idiotic "war" against the parties, King, Army, Cops etc w/ some ridiculous agendas. And there are less than 1% Muslims living inside the country.

September already !

Guys come out, and advised please.
Any news for approvals related to groups being cleared from the hold 212(a)3(b)-tier-III? I tried hard to get new information from DHS & USCIS for what's been going on, INFORMATION READ IN THIS FORUM but they seem to be totally ignorant of the subject. What's really going on ?
Any one tried Anwen Hughes or Melanie ?
What were their answers?

Thanks folks.

Deep Trigger,
Nothing new so far. Just the LUD from 07/17/10. I will keep all of you posted if there is any new development.

Thanks Waiting-1,
We will appreciate it; and we will keep each other informed. I also received LUD on 07/17/10 same as you.
Dude, I have been waiting since 1999.
Thanks.

Deep Trigger, here what I got back from Anwen Hughes when I emailed her this week,

"People whose cases were on hold due solely to their affiliation with the DUP should
now be seeing their cases move forward, because DHS recently clarified that it is no
longer treating the DUP as a "Tier III" organization. This change took place this
summer, so a number of cases affected have not yet been processed, but if this
connection with the DUP was the only thing holding you up, that problem should be
resolved in the near future.

If you yourself either engaged in violence or armed conflict, or if you gave
"material support" to individuals who did, then your case would not be resolved by
this change in position with respect to the DUP, and without having seen your file,
I cannot tell you with certainty what was holding it up. But there is a strong
likelihood that it was because of your DUP affiliation, and if so, you should soon
be receiving either a decision on your case or--if your fingerprints and/or your
medical exam were done long ago and need to be redone--a "biometrics" appointment
and/or a request for a new medical exam so that USCIS can then decide your case.

Please let me know if you do not see some sign of movement on your case within the
next 30 days." please guys share any info you may get. thanks

therouk, I have sent an email to Anwen asking if the group I belonged to was designated as Tier III and if so if they are removed from the list. It's been almost five days since I sent her an email. No reply of any sort yet. I think she also put me on hold lol

otherwise I'm just keeping it real. I will update if I get any update from USCIS or Anwen.

does this means i cant enter to usa as long as i'm on hold??

does this mean i cant get a visa anymore???

dear friends

i'm an iraqi doctor who escaped the war in my country , anyway i applied for usa refugee programe for iraqis 5 years ago , i was interviewd and reached the final stages with the us.cinitizenship and immigration officer

after that the result was ON HOLDDDDD , of course i waited for 2 year and still its the same , I think they put me on hold becoz i told them i used to treat patients whether they were iraqi police or militias ,,,,,,i didnt know this may put me in inadmissibility basis otherwise why didnt they make a decision on my file for this looooong time????anyway this is only my guess to y they put me on hold

my question is please :

for me i dont want to go to usa anymore , the situation in my town is better now and i finished phd degree which can enable me to live a happy life i hope BUTTTT there is a fellowship degree in usa which i applied to and badly want to complete as its a golden chance to strengthen my cv and job prospect, i have to pay for it of course its a 6 month degree......if i apply for j1 visa will they refuse me based on my previous refugee file ????

i gave my fingerprints and also passport copy when i was intervied for refugee , does this mean i cant enter usa for life even if i pay for the study and bring the letter of acceptance from the university and bring them proof of funding my study by giving them a sponsored bank account????

thanks dear friends in advance for your help , sorry for putting this question here but i'm really afraid from being refused and this topic have many viewers who are ON HOLD , so i thought sombody may know somthing

I pray all of your cases to be solved

yes therouk I have seen this but the USCIS is still not taking actions Ms Anwen promised to give me a call and I'm waiting for her waiting is the best thing I can do so far I have been thriving for any piece of information about the group that caused my dilemma but no news all the leaders are now citizens living their lives they do not want to talk to some one like me who can bring trouble .Mr Ragland asked for 400 $ to talk to me over the phone lol

to cooldoc I do not want to deliver bad news but since you are inadmissible that means you remain like that no matter how you seek entrance to the USA every time you apply for visa they will find this nonsense that is just my view I'm not an expert

Thanks Therouk, I appreciated it.
I don't belong to DUP at all.
But check out the following very closely, I extracted from Anwen reply to Therouk.
<<If you yourself either engaged in violence or armed conflict, or if you gave
"material support" to individuals who did, then your case would not be resolved by
this change in position with respect to the DUP>> this doesn't make any sense to me.
Tier-III membership ONLY cases was cleared long time ago.
Tier-III membership cases, who provided material support under duress cleared.
even Tier-I & Tier-II membership cases, who provided material support under duress cleared.

So I would think that they are clearing all tier-III groups who provided material support to individuals or and groups, because in reality these are not threat to U.S., These are not Terrorists groups. Refugees and asylees who got caught in the middle.

Let's wait and see, but some informations from different sources or government agencies are really conflicting.

Thanks Therouk, I appreciated it.
I don't belong to DUP at all.
But check out the following very closely, I extracted from Anwen reply to Therouk.
<<If you yourself either engaged in violence or armed conflict, or if you gave
this change in position with respect to the DUP>> this doesn't make any sense to me.
Tier-III membership ONLY cases was cleared long time ago.
Tier-III membership cases, who provided material support under duress cleared.
even Tier-I & Tier-II membership cases, who provided material support under duress cleared.

So I would think that they are clearing all tier-III groups who provided material support to individuals or and groups, because in reality these are not threat to U.S., These are not Terrorists groups. Refugees and asylees who got caught in the middle.

Let's wait and see, but some informations from different sources or government agencies are really conflicting.

I think this refer to people who have family member that have been kidnapped by such groups, I've met many people who thier refugee cases has been rejected after they have been kidnaped and payed ransome to get released and at the embassy they have been told that this is fall under " groups who provided material support to individuals or and groups "

so I guess now they changed that.

I think this refer to people who have family member that have been kidnapped by such groups, I've met many people who thier refugee cases has been rejected after they have been kidnaped and payed ransome to get released and at the embassy they have been told that this is fall under " groups who provided material support to individuals or and groups "

so I guess now they changed that.

[To be quite frank, I am totally lost. Are we taking about Oversea or Domestic applications ???. Anyway, I don't understand anymore what DHS intends to do or what they are working on now, they should just approve all tier-III groups people who filed for adjustment of status, regardless of the support provided, because it is irrelevant to terrorists any given way.]

I got a response from Anwen that CUDP(of Ethiopia) was designated as Tier III buy removed from the list as of June 2010. So if my hold was solely for association with CUDP, I should very soon hear from USCIS that my case is approved or some sort of movement. She asked me to inform her if I get any response from USCIC or a month is elapsed with no update.

I advice you to contact her if you want to know the party you belonged to is deaignated as Tier III and if so whether it is removed. She is a very helping individual.