I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I have been reading this forum for a long time, though without becoming a member. I have found it comforting. The reason I decided to become a member is that I have found the following link that will be of interest to all of you to share. Btw, I am from Ethiopia.
I realize that I am not allowed to post links since I am new. But, you may go to humanrightsfirst dot org slashasylum slashpdf slashHRF-RPA-two-pager.pdf and read the article. You may then decide for yourselves if it is worth to demand the senators tp pass it asap.

The act is about The Refugee Protection Act of 2010 (Senate Bill 3113). The name may give you an impression that our case is not related to this act. But, it believe me, it is.
Here is some part of the article from the site (in case you are having difficulty with my instructions), "Protects refugees from inappropriate exclusion by revising overly broad immigration
definitions that are mislabeling refugees as supporters of “terrorist organizations,” including
by eliminating the “Tier III” undesignated terrorist organization definition, which has led to
numerous unintended consequences but is not needed as an enforcement tool against its
intended targets;"

Ghiorghis
Check this link below and see by your self, this Bill introduced to the senate more than three time and never passed. now the new one only 4 senators are sponsoring it, In fact last time Introduced they were 11 Senator sponsoring it. I am not trying to be negative but to give out the facts that all. Thanks a lot for sharing info anyway. BTW guys any news regarding removing all “Tier III” from the hold. Any update please?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-3113

Thanks therouk - I checked out the site. It is kind of depressing. There appears to be no real interest to reform that part of the immigration legislation. It may take some time but Congress has to deal with the general problem of immigration. That may be the time, if not earlier by some miracle, the government will deal with our issue. Our fate may be tied with that of 'undocumented aliens'.

howdy all,

Check the link out!

http: //w ww.ilw.com/seminars/201008_citation2e.pdf

Most recent and comprehensive article on Material Support! Very well written!

It is titled as : "COMBATING THE TERRORISIM BARS BEFORE DHS AND COURTS" Google search it if the link doesn't work.

I have spaced out http: SPACE//wSPACEww.ila.com............ So in order to use the above link properly make sure there is no space in the URL address. so make sure remove the space where I wrote SPACE out of the address. And it should work fine or else just google search the title and you will fing out the article. Thought for people to know what is it all about and what has happened so far or what might happen in the near future for so called Material Support Cases.

Hello everyone,
My case has been on 212 hold since 2006. I recently checked my case status in the USCIS website. I found out the status has changed from request for evidence to request for evidence response review. The request for evidence statuse lasted for 4 years. I'm from Sudan and the hold is due to associattion with the DUP. Has anyone experienced such change in status lately? Do you think it a good sign? Thank you all for sharing your experiences with this difficult situation.

Two more cases pertaining to 212.a.3.b of the same party that my father belonged to have been approved in the area that I live in. I don't know if things are moving or not but I'm gonna be one busy fellow making daily phone calls to the USCIS this week.

Also, the lawyer that I consulted to back in the days has returned back and he wants us to wait a bit because apparently, he's received similar notes/memos about several organizations/groups being removed from the list of hold.

ya Walker, our lawyer also said his two clients who belong to the same party your dad and my wife belong to have been approved. i wonder if we have the same lawyer. looks like things are moving.please update me if you know something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
My case has been on 212 hold since 2006. I recently checked my case status in the USCIS website. I found out the status has changed from request for evidence to request for evidence response review. The request for evidence statuse lasted for 4 years. I'm from Sudan and the hold is due to associattion with the DUP. Has anyone experienced such change in status lately? Do you think it a good sign? Thank you all for sharing your experiences with this difficult situation.

[ When did the change of status occurred on your case, was it on 7/17/10 ?; Because mine was. From my personal opinion, I don't think that DHS would process group by group basis, but the whole Tier-III groups, group by group basis never works. I think also DHS will process the majority of cases affected during the immigration reform session. But again this is just my personal opinion based on no concrete facts]

Hi Deep Trigger,
The update was on 7/17/10. May be it was just software upgrade or something like that. I don't hold high hopes on this update anyway.

Also the immigration reform is not going to happen any time soon with the economy sagging, definitly not during this adminstration time.

Hi Deep Trigger,
The update was on 7/17/10. May be it was just software upgrade or something like that. I don't hold high hopes on this update anyway.

[ It is a possibility, but me and my 2 friends, had update the same day, 7/17/10, and our cases did change over 5 years. I am not having any high hopes but it is a kind of strange that you, me and my 2 friends on hold, have update the same day.]

I don't know if its a mere coincidence but by the looks of things, a lot of cases ( and GC applications ) are being approved or being updated this week. Not getting my hopes high or anything but the next few weeks should enlighten us more.

Cortaidus, I doubt the lawyers were the same. Mine's based in Bay Area.

Just heard of another compatriot getting his GC approved. ( 3 approvals in a week ).

Don't get too excited but things are definitely moving.

filing another I-485

A few months ago,someone on this forum wrote that he/she filed for a secound I-485 based on marriage to a USC eventhouh the Ist application was on hold and actually was interviewed but was told by the IO to wait for a responds in a few weeks.It apears like he/she has not been participating any more on this forum,I was woundering how his/her case ended,please if you are still checking on this forum,could you comment on the out come of your secound I-485.

Hi everyone,

I am super excited to share this GOOD NEWS!

My lawyer advised us to sue the INS and see if it would do us any good. so instead of all of us doing it, my friend took the plunge volunteered to go first. this past Tuesday, the lawyer called us with the happy news. she won the case and her green card is on its way! strangely, Her sister received her approval letter on Thursday.They're both falling under the same inadmissible category!

P.S. I just checked the status of our cases and saw that my case was updated on 7/10 My sister's on 08/14 and her husband's 8/21! could it be finally happening??? should i get my hopes high??? well, lets just be optimistic and pray.

Good luck all!

A few months ago,someone on this forum wrote that he/she filed for a secound I-485 based on marriage to a USC eventhouh the Ist application was on hold and actually was interviewed but was told by the IO to wait for a responds in a few weeks.It apears like he/she has not been participating any more on this forum,I was woundering how his/her case ended,please if you are still checking on this forum,could you comment on the out come of your secound I-485.

I'm still here checking every day, I posted earlier that my GC throuhg marriage was put on hold also due to INA 212.