I am no Terrorist, any advice?

The Walker
I think, by filing WOM the UCSIS interview you and if you pass you get ur GC otherwise, they will recommend you to withdraw your case, but most likely they will tell you to withdraw your case as they did to many people who filed WOM.

no she didn't reply me back.. walker what are you going to do if you get a call from USCIS one day and they tell your they're going to deny you if you continue with the case? what will you tell them?

"If you wait, you need to wait as long as the entire party gets cleared off, of the list."
walker, i've been following your posts for a long time. in your previous posts you have said that you know some people who belonged to the same party as you dad did and got approved after the hold. are you trying to say now that all of them got approved because their WOM was successful? if not, your statements are contradicting, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's contradictory? :S

Not everyone's applied for WOM and hence, not everyone's gotten approved. As a matter of fact, I found out that at 500-1000 people from the same party are now placed on hold. I now know 3 people from the same party who've filed for WOM and they had their GCs approved.

Therouk, like I aforementioned, it depends on an individual and the political party. The political party that I was talking about is the biggest in the history of the country. They should've NEVER been placed/categorized as a terrorist organization. So, the chances of filing for getting the GCs denied are very minimal. It might be different in your case because of your country and your own situation.

Walker,
USCIS might launch a new policy soon. They are in the process of reviewing the indadmissibility issues. Check out this link

Assylum,
I don't think this applied to the INA 212 a 3 b. One of the requirment of this I-601 (Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility) is you are not Inadmissable under INA 212 a 3 b.

Salem_all wrote on 9th july,10:

Let's be Specific and Clear!
The.Walker, I would like you to give us the conditions that you are stating that some people were able to adjudicate their cases using WOM based on the 212(a)(3)(B) inadmissibility. We need you to submit to us the court proceeding and ruling, as it is a public record. You can hide the names of the individual(s), if the person(s) doesn't/don't want to make his/her/their identity(-ies) public. I have seen a lot of cases when the WOM worked on I-485 adjustment cases but only when the adjustment is based on marriage to a US citizen , employment based adjustments, or other type of adjustment cases; but, I haven't encountered one with the hold based on 212(a)(3)(B) nonsense. So. please give us a real scenario where WOM worked with the hold cases! In that case, people can use that precedent to argue for their WOM. That will help a great deal. But, without that precedent it will be a waste of time and money. That is my personal opinion. Everyone is free to file for WOM if she/he wants to.

Locker9,
I'm perplexed with you labeling my stance as contradictory. It's been a while since I've established a stance on filing for WOM or remaining patient are the only ways to go. I didn't give a crap because I didn't like the tone of Selam_all. His posts have always been negative. He's being too rationale. At first, he kept saying how he's never come across anybody filing for WOM except the cases pertaining to Marriage or Employment based adjustments. That's not the case at all. There have been several cases ( as I found out this week ) of people filing for WOMs. Several people on this forum have contacted the DC Lawyer, a fellow Forum member has already shared a link of a successful WOM while I met a lawyer who successfully won the WOM to a fellow compatriot ( who ended up receiving the GC ).

Like I aforementioned, it depends on each individual. Just because You, I or Mr. XYZ thinks that he's wrongfully put on hold doesn't mean a whole lot. If you're dead sure that you aren't even affiliated with a political party and you're indeed placed on hold wrongfully then you SHOULD be filing for WOM, if you need your GC or get your I-730s approved. There are plenty of people who've been placed on hold that are happy to wait out because they've already seen their family members' asylee family petitions get approved. So there's no desperation, no hurry. Its been 6 years since I saw my mom and my brother. Almost 4 years since my dad filed for my mom and brother. He was a member of the largest political party in the country's history, the same party that restored democracy on a number of occasions. It isn't even remotely connected to terrorism. So that's my personal case. My personal scenario. If that weren't the case, I'd just be keeping my mouth shut and play the waiting game.

Also, I've already shared a number of stories. A young leader of the youth league of the same party has not only been approved of the asylum but also he's also been granted a GC. How insanely ridiculous. Further, there's a lady who received her GC in 28 days ( from the filing date ) without even getting her biometrics done! There's no consistency. No logic.

Again, it depends on individuals. If you REALLY think that you've been wrongfully placed on hold then you have two options. 1. Remain silent and wait for your approval ( could be a month, year, or several years ), 2. File for WOM.

And before I forget, I asked the lawyer if she could hand me the court proceeding and orders, she was like flat out "NO" citing the guy's privacy. If you live in Bay Area, I'll be more than happy to give you the name of the lawyer(s) who've taken these cases. More people from my country are filing for WOMs.

Hopefully, we will receive our approvals before we file for it but the probabilities are next to 0.

don't be preplexed man, i wasn't sure if the examples of the people you provided were the approvals because of wom or waiting, so i wanted to make it clear. I'm also a victim and haven't seen my wife for last 3 years. thanks for the valuable inputs..

You said I was contradicting myself while that was never a case. Hence, I was perplexed.

It is free, that's what is incredible! But you're better off hiring an attorney.

The attorney that I just talked to works for a non-profit organization and he didn't charge a single penny but sadly, his tenure is coming to an end soon. So we'll have to find an attorney.

"..in your previous posts you have said that you know some people who belonged to the same party as you dad did and got approved after the hold. are you trying to say now that all of them got approved because their WOM was successful? if not, your statements are contradicting, sorry.
"
i was trying to say that your statements would be contradicting if the approvals were simply because of waiting and not filing for WOm. before i said that i asked you if the approvals were based on successful WOM or wait..so i was not blaming you for contradicting yet.
Also, i was under the impression( with the discussion from the posts by Salem_all, Hecate etc) that there was no successful Wom so far because every time when someone files for WOM their lawyer tells them to withdraw the WOM or get denied.

overall, please forgive me, i'm just a cabbie don't know very good English .. but i'm trying to come to a conclusion from our discussion.. so far we're not going anywhere.. and it's just increasing the confusion among us..

There's nothing to forgive, to begin with, my friend. So don't worry about the confusion and misunderstanding. We're on the same side.

The attorney that I consulted told me that the chances of USCIS asking you to withdraw your case or get denied are true but it also depends on your background ( Like I've mentioned hundreds of times ). If they were to tell that to my father, we're NOT gonna back off. Why? Because 90% of asylees belonging to the same political party have already received their GCs. The hold was absolutely farcical. There were no grounds to put my dad's application on hold. When the student leader's from the same party has been handed a GC, it is a massive cock up on USCIS' part to place my father's case ( and several other compatriots' ) on hold in the first place.

So ( again! ), you need to ask yourself first. Do you REALLY think that you've been wrongfully placed on hold? Does your political party bear no arms or isn't involved ( not just from your view point but also from a view point of the outsiders ) in any terrorism related activity? If the answer is yes, then depending on your willingness, $$ etc, you're better off filing for WOM, well unless, you're happy to wait.

I also know a guy from my country who filed for asylum 3 years after my dad did, received his approval, had his wife and his 2 kids come here after the approval of their I-730s but his GC has been placed on hold. Unsurprisingly, he's happy to remain patient because there's no urgency. I wish my case were the same but it's clearly not. As long as my father remains inadmissible, my mom and my brother's I-730s won't get approved. So, we're not gonna sit back and relax anymore. If they ask us to withdraw our WOMs, there's no way we're gonna do it because we will bring the cases of hundreds of other compatriots' approval forward. This is ridiculously infuriating. Even the NSC officials know it but why the hell would they care?

There will be a fee of $300 to file the petition, and you can file it by your self simply call your Federal district court and they will mail you the whole package. However I advice all not to file it your self, you definitely need an attorney, for the following reasons.
1\ before filling your petition to the court you have to prove to the court that you have exhausted all your effort to have your case adjudicated, therefore you have to send a copy of your petition that you prepared to USCIS before you file it to the court. Usually they allow the USCIS 63 days to respond.

2/ at this point you will be dealing with the attorney of the USCIS. In my case they did not respond within the 63, but they transferred the case to my local service center.

3/ you can file your complain at your local district court or at the district court where your file is being pending, in my case we filed on both courts. Check this out in more details because deferent courts have deferent law and judge (republican, democratic, conservative and ext) the attorney has an access to find which court has more in favored wins comparing to the others.

Read this link. really intresting conversation with a former adjudicator. from what he says it sounds like a crowded call center, or a factory where it's a choir to do a job. unfortunately our lives were in those files. who knows what bad day my adjudicator was having to put my innocent life in limbo. my wife lives with threat every day back home, and i can't sleep..

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is exactly 12 years since I got to the US on asylum basis.
I've applied for my GC 11 years ago.
I've submitted many finger prints and my medical.
Today is also exactly 1 year since I've been notified about the 212(a)(3)(B) inadmissibility status.

I really don't know what WOM is. I checked at
thefreedictioary online and got the following
Acronym Definition
WOM Word of Mouth
WOM Wombat
WOM Wake-On-Modem
WOM Waste of Money
WOM Write Only Memory
WOM Write-Only Memory
WOM Women on Mission (Southern Baptist Convention)
WOM Wear of Materials (accelerated weathering tests)
WOM Wireless Optical Mouse
WOM Write Once Memory
WOM Well Oiled Machine
WOM Web Object Management (IBM)
WOM Women of the Moose (club)
WOM Wireless Operator Mechanic (UK and Australia)
WOM Women Over Mates
WOM Walk Off Mat (construction)
WOM Wings Over Miami (aircraft museum)
WOM Write Optional Memory
WOM Washington Overseas Mission (Washington, MO)

But in this context it could be different.

What is WOM?