I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hope for Best, about a month ago you posted a very optimistic message in this thread telling all of us to be patient. I have a few questions about that message. Is it for all of us or just for people from your country for some particular group? If it's only for a political group from your country then it's good foryou guys, i am very happy, but at the same time the good news is only limited to the members of that group and not all of us. I am raising this question because i saw , user "Garballa" online here and i tried to see some of the user's posting. while going over her page, i was able to see a message sent by you to the user where you have mentoned that your friend who you mentoned in your optimistic message having connection with the officer, was telling you about the political parties from Sudan only.
I and many of us here were optimistic from your message because we were under the impression it was for all of us who are under this hold.So it was not for all of us? I am not snooping your private message or anything as it was on his/her public profile and i don't know how i was able to look at it.it raised me a very sincere question though. pardon my curiosity. i thank you for all your help and kindness just want to be correctly informed and not be optimistic from a message which is not related to me , if it is not.

This is the Email I sent to Ms Elizabeth who is preparing the agenda to the above meeting , don't know if that will work or we would get clear answers , hope some people in DC area will be able to join that meeting.Dear Ms Elizabeth:

I am representing several frustrated asylees on the implication of application of the material support bar to admission in the USA . The statistics shows probably as of today there are more than 7,000 applicant are bared admission into the US who were initially approved for asylum/Refugee status , some of them have immediate family members who could not join because of the current interpretation of the material support bar . The consolidated appropriations act /2008 provided some guidance for DHS to apply exemptions on some of those on hold . I was wondering how do the DHS apply those exemptions ? and is there any time frame to apply these exemptions? if there is any recent progress in applying exemptions available to the DHS? and if there is any mechanism available to avoid placing people on hold in the future ?
I appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue which affecting the daily lives of so many in the US and abroad.
thank you on behalf of forum.immigration.com material support bar victims asylee/refugees.
sincerly

Thank you justnjust for taking the initiative to send the e-mail behalf of us.

I was wondering if we can participate in this USCIS Ombdusman community call to address our issues.
“The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) provides recommendations for resolving individual and employer problems with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As mandated by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 § 452, CIS Ombudsman is an independent office that reports directly to the Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security. The CIS Ombudsman:
• Assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with USCIS;
• Identifies areas in which individuals and employers have problems in dealing with USCIS; and
• Proposes changes to mitigate identified problems. “

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1171038701035.shtm

everytime i come to this page, there are 4 -5 people browsing but no one cares to share anything.. looks like everyone wants all take and no give relationship.. please don't hesitate to share any news you have heard about this matter.. looks like most of the users , including Walker who was very supportive from the very begenning have decided to take a rest from this thread... :(

I wish I had anything to add. I simply don't. I'm just hoping that something works out but the fkn idiots will take steps at a snail's pace, I'm pretty sure. What has the Secretary got to lose? She gets to see her husband, her family whenever she wants. She's not there to feel compassionate.

7,000 f****** individuals on hold, over 7,000 families affected by this bullshit and nobody gives a crap. This has got to be a joke.

Lets wait for what the DC attorney has to say. I really hope we can sue the Homeland Security Secretary's *** too. She needs to leave that position if she's gonna do nothing.

Ever since we received another "actively processing" bullshit, I've gotten even more outraged. What kind of idiots do they think they are? Its been almost 2 months since we received that actively processing nonsense. What is the processor doing? I could've managed to memorize every words of an asylum application in 2 months.

If you haven't contacted the Attorney, I hope you are. We need more support. More voices. This nonsense needs to be taken care of, once and for all.

And what is happening with Hope For Best and others who shared that news of how they HAD to approve the applications? Only 2 people have received approvals over these two months. You're deluding yourself if you think one day, they will approve all cases automatically. I met another asylee who's GC has been put on hold for 9 years! Can we afford to have our GC applications put on hold for another 7 years? Do we want to? Napolitina will be replaced by someone else and he too will have other things to take care of instead of this.

How can someone like us who've been FORCED to flee our countries by real terrorists get labeled as terrorists? What sort of logic is it? Apparently, there are massive loopholes. But again, nope, The secretary doesn't give a crap. I doubt she's even aware of any of our inquiries for case updates and what not.

Asylum News

For you all to read: read this news and be happy. I hope Obama's aunt's I 485 application will not be put on hold like ours. Or if we wait for another year and she also gets put on hold, then we will have a real case. Just a thought. Open this link.

Sorry, looks like I can't post the link. The server is not allowing me. But go to
boston dot com and search for the news title "Obama's aunt given OK to stay in United States". Or simply google search for "Obama's aunt given OK to stay in United States". You will find the news.

For you all to read: read this news and be happy. I hope Obama's aunt's I 485 application will not be put on hold like ours. Or if we wait for another year and she also gets put on hold, then we will have a real case. Just a thought. Open this link.

Sorry, looks like I can't post the link. The server is not allowing me. But go to
boston dot com and search for the news title "Obama's aunt given OK to stay in United States". Or simply google search for "Obama's aunt given OK to stay in United States". You will find the news.
Obama aunt is approved for her asylum. They don't approve our application. What is difference?

Locker9,
it's true that most people come here and browse without making any comment, the only problem I have with locker9 is, it looks like you are pointing your second finger to others while the rest of your three if not four fingers are pointing at of you (don't take me serious).It looks like today was your second post and I am almost certain that you've been browsing this site before joining this month. Anywhere, getting back to what locker9 said, it's true, I made a comment a couple of weeks ago encouraging people to join the conversation, not just reading, but also sharing information, whatever you hear, read or search from the internet, I would say that most if not all of the post gives us some momentary relive while we await our various faith either through luck as others get randomly approved, or wait for Mr. Thomas to get back with us about the law suit.

there is a petition that have been submitted to congress ,
unfortunately the rule in this forum is that i cant submit a URL before i made 15 posts ....so i am goona go around it like this ....wowowodotrallycongressdotcom/2/2819
if you dont know about it , now you know ...? share with friends , submit your letter , if you pay 9 dollars , a letter will be sent to your local stated senator and president obama .
there are a lot of people who signed it . also you can hide your name if you want to . lets go to work guys and stop all the negative thinking .

Garballa, thanks for sharing. however, that petition was started by some of the members of this thread such as The.Walker, Miaj etc. It has been discussed many times in this thread if you read the previous postions. So far the outcome of that petition is fruitless.

ooh ...will i am sorrey then ...first time i knew about ....damn it ...i feel embarrassed .......i guess its cause i am new 2 this site ...anyway ...
i shared it on my facebook ...so hopefully we will get more 2 sign it ...
sorrey again

Hi all,

Glad to see this lively and very informative discussion, keep it up. It has been a while since i check this forum but my case is on hold because of 212. I tried to file a law suit with my lawyer but we finally decided to wait for some time for the uscis to resolve the issue. I think the hold status is more beneficiary to the uscis than to the asylee or refugee since it avoid numerous possible law suits against the department. People are worried to lose the hold status if they sue the department.

on the other hand, i am wondering about the broad implication of 212 bar. Is that mean we are bared from any immigration benefits such as work permit and travel document? If the bar applies to our work eligibility, doesn't this contradict the definition of asylum and refugee.

Jone , when did you receive the letter of hold? What was your lawer's reasoning for the wait? did he say anything like how long we should wait or anything like that?>
to answer your questions to my knowledge, i don't think you'll have problems gettign a work permit, and refugee travel doc is often issued. if you read the previous posting of this thread they talk about it. the worse part of this law is it ruins the family. often husband/wife or children have to wait for years to see each other because it hold I730 and green card applications.

Jone,as per my lawyer and information that I recieved from USICS through my senator,your work permit and traveling in and out of the country is not affected by the hold,I was told the law crafted did not mention work permit and travelling in and out(thank God for that part).

samdalas40, if that is the case then wouldn't the purpose of "inadmissibility" get defeated? Can you please check with your lawyer?

Also, like I've aforementioned, one of my compatriots actually flew into the COP after his mom's death even after his case was put on hold due to 212.a.3.b.

Jone, as an asylee, you don't even need an EAD. Do your homework and try to find a thread with an attachment ( a memo from USCIS ).