I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Asylee99
How do we start, I did some research and came out with e-mail address for the media. We need to focus and come out with a letter template that will be sent to the media and senators. I was just curious how many of us are here in this forum?

Is there anybody who is going to attend, the USCIS Asylum Division Stakeholder Meeting, on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 2:00pm. I know justnjust sent questions.

I don't think the media will be willing to hear about us now , I have been sending to many of them without even a thank you letter , There is no incentive for them , they better off covering what will turn people to thier chanelles why bother with a bunch of useless asylees don't have the right to vote and have no weight among public opinion. I think they will pay attention when there is big lawsuit like we hope is going to take palce , the RPA 2010 hearing has minimal or no media coverage , because they don't care about our issue. That doesn't mean we should quit trying , but the bet won't be on the media it will be on Lawsuit. lawsuit and lawsuit . I think the hold supporters are coming with some contradicting analogy , they want to Keep Tier 3 category yet the admitt they caught some freedom fighters ( some of them supported by US government) in that category because OF THE LAW ( BUT THEN THEY OPPOSE CHANGING THE LAW ), YET THEY ARE SLOW IN APPLYING THE WAIVERS AVAILABLE . so that clearly shows the bad intentions , neglect , or untold hidden agenda . The only time someone would listen to you in this country is when you have the right to vote OR when THE LAW TELLS THEM TO DO IT, but this is not a nice free fun ride , it take time and effort with sucessful strategy to make DHS listen to us by the LAW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest we contact Anderson Cooper from AC360 , his really an active person and care about people life's. I think if we send him letter and forward him what people are saying about this issue,and urge him to take it as serious matter we may have someone in our side. WWW.AC360.COM. just go post in his blog, send letter, doing anything will help when we start the Law process against the DHS. any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

I've already tried CNN. They didn't care.

Washington Post has run a few articles in the past. Anderson Cooper is a great shout though.

My application for I-485 is pending since October 1999, is there any one who is on hold for this long?, last request by USCIS for my fingerprinting and 3rd time medical in May 2009, later I was informed of this baseless 212 a 3 b of the INA, what a nerve wreck.
If there is any one in pending status for 11 years or more please let us know, this question is very important to me, if any one has a question regarding this hold feel free to ask questions, if it helps you I will be glad to answer any questions.

Hecate, which country are you from? did you file any petitions for beneficiaries? i've been waiting for a year hoping to get my derivative status approved, if it's going to 10 ten years then i should forget it. hell, with the stress i may not even live 10 years, who knows. I still don't understand how they review and approve cases. do they go by individual cases or by the political party of the country. cuz even with people from the same political parties from a particular country some applications are getting approved while others are being held. however, most people argue that hold has to be removed for everyone for you to get out of hold. I'm confused. the lawyers i have talked to told me they can't help and it may take years, 10,11 to get approved. I contacted a gentleman in another immigration website who was on hold and later removed and received I730s and his green card on the same day. According to him he hired an attorney and tackled the case.So is it something we need to work on individual basis? here is another example, People are talking about amnesty for years. It boils and cools down over the years but it does not move. for an immigrant it is wise to fight his own case through a lawyer rather than waiting for something big like that to happen. is this one of the cases where we need to hire our own lawyer and fight on our own? I am not trying to break down the bond of this group or anything like that, of course a massive relief would benefit everyone but is it going to happen, is it a reasonable expectation?
Here is another thing i thought of, there are thousands of innocent people like you and i who are on the hold by mistake, but who knows there might be few who were responsible. how is USCIS going to grant the relief to everyone without reviewing each and every cases. One of the lawyers told me that there are only two people who go over these cases that is why it takes years/decades.

My application for I-485 is pending since October 1999, is there any one who is on hold for this long?, last request by USCIS for my fingerprinting and 3rd time medical in May 2009, later I was informed of this baseless 212 a 3 b of the INA, what a nerve wreck.
If there is any one in pending status for 11 years or more please let us know, this question is very important to me, if any one has a question regarding this hold feel free to ask questions, if it helps you I will be glad to answer any questions.

I applied in October of 2002 and recently got the hold letter

The inconsistency on USCIS' part is laughable and cringeworthy. My mom and brother never got their I730s approved while I did. Now Cortaidus who's awaiting his approval of I730 too is yet to get approved. This is ridiculous on their part. What's even more ridiculous is the fact that I know a few people who've received their GCs within a month ( no finger print ) and they applied for asylum fearing prosecution while representing same political party as my father.

Cortaidus I know more than your one successful case who got denied a GC after they filed a mandamus , they are no longer here , they left the country .They hired the best lawyers to have thier petition denied and leave the country.I know others who filed a mandamus and advised by DHS attorneys to withdraw the case because they likely recieve unfavorable decision,and they withdrew thier cases and guess what they are no longer allowed to file another lawsuit because they CHOOSE to withdraw thier mandamus , our options aren't great , the path of collective lawsuit wasn't tried in this case and paving the road is harder than riding it , so be patient and believe me there is no ideal advise in immigration matters, its individual experience at the end of the day , but when there is a law blocking you then its a collective effort that makes sense. No one has the right answer now .If you decide to go alone I wish you all success but if we have a collective effort then we all success.
Hecate, which country are you from? did you file any petitions for beneficiaries? i've been waiting for a year hoping to get my derivative status approved, if it's going to 10 ten years then i should forget it. hell, with the stress i may not even live 10 years, who knows. I still don't understand how they review and approve cases. do they go by individual cases or by the political party of the country. cuz even with people from the same political parties from a particular country some applications are getting approved while others are being held. however, most people argue that hold has to be removed for everyone for you to get out of hold. I'm confused. the lawyers i have talked to told me they can't help and it may take years, 10,11 to get approved. I contacted a gentleman in another immigration website who was on hold and later removed and received I730s and his green card on the same day. According to him he hired an attorney and tackled the case.So is it something we need to work on individual basis? here is another example, People are talking about amnesty for years. It boils and cools down over the years but it does not move. for an immigrant it is wise to fight his own case through a lawyer rather than waiting for something big like that to happen. is this one of the cases where we need to hire our own lawyer and fight on our own? I am not trying to break down the bond of this group or anything like that, of course a massive relief would benefit everyone but is it going to happen, is it a reasonable expectation?
Here is another thing i thought of, there are thousands of innocent people like you and i who are on the hold by mistake, but who knows there might be few who were responsible. how is USCIS going to grant the relief to everyone without reviewing each and every cases. One of the lawyers told me that there are only two people who go over these cases that is why it takes years/decades.

No I have a son but his mother is a Canadian so she took advantage of my bad situation and took my son to Canada, I am in admissible so I can not come back from Canada if I ever go to Canada, I have not seen him for almost 4 years, he was born in the USA but his mother could not be sponsored due to my hold, so the whole relationship came down.
I applied for asylum in 1993 and was granted in 1998.
It is impossible to tell how they review the cases as they use an umbrella of national security to cover up their incompetence.
Attorney can win the case for you but the court can not interfere in the decision of immigration, which means with mandamus law suit you may move immigration to give your decision in 60 days, but the decision will be a denial due to insufficient and not enough exercise for USCIS to approve your case.
Initially USCIS tried to deport applicants they found inadmissible under 212 a 3 b of the ina but they badly lost the cases as we all know the entire issue is baseless and we are all innocent people. "Khader Musa HAMIDE and Michel Ibrahim SHEHADEH" (copy paste the link and you can find the details of the decision).
Attorney will represent you because it is money for him to fight your case, however an honest attorney will tell you all mentioned above. I know how attorneys work since I am my self an ex attorney.
I can not advise you what to do as this can only be told by means of crystal ball..lol, it will be predicting, there may be a good news as they are hopefully in process of passing a bill "111 TH CONGRESS S.3113" (copy paste the link and you can find the details ) only God knows if it will be beneficial for us or not, that will be told by time.
I would have totally forgotten about my Green Card if I had know all these pains are down the road to pass through, but now I have to wait hoping I may be close to my decision, may be I am way far but again such speculations are just there, so you may make your decision based on my facts, but remember policies keep changing, and some times it may change for some thing positive, but then these are the chances you will have to take if you decide to hang on.
Good luck and I hope I was helpful, how ever it will be helpful to see how many people are waiting as long as I am, so I hope some one waiting this long will contact.
Thanks

Thanks guys for some valuable suggestions. I agree with you guys that individually filed mandamus is not the solution. however, i was not refering to the mandamus. The gentleman from the other forum told me that his lawer tackled the case. Can't cases like these be tackled with out filing a mandamus? since this is clearly a mistake, can't we do anything besides waing for eternity or filing a mandamus and get denied? how about tackling a case like what NepaliAsylee did with the help of his lawer?

Cortaidus I think we all should do this, we ain't waiting just for mandamus someone might open the door for successful tackling of this complex issue , the most important part is to share the experience , but since the individual circumistances may be different , the individual effort might be of limited sucess.
Thanks guys for some valuable suggestions. I agree with you guys that individually filed mandamus is not the solution. however, i was not refering to the mandamus. The gentleman from the other forum told me that his lawer tackled the case. Can't cases like these be tackled with out filing a mandamus? since this is clearly a mistake, can't we do anything besides waing for eternity or filing a mandamus and get denied? how about tackling a case like what NepaliAsylee did with the help of his lawer?

Hecate thanks for sharing your experience but the case you reffered to has been in courts for more than 20 years ??? thats hopefully not the case here lol, but you know I think right now there is a lot of talk about immigration I hope thats not for the mid-term elections in November, if you have noticed they are always coming up with excuses to make it difficult for asylees to naturalize , first they introduced the CAP of 10,000/year yet they never used that number towards admitting asylees , finally they settled that after a calssaction lawsuit in 2005 , then they introduced the real ID act which victimized so many probably far more than 7,000 and unknown number of asylum seekers, so every time there will be something to make it harder for asylees to get immigration benifits. The legislations by it self are not enough if there is no political or DHS will to change its MOOD towards asylees/refugees.still by far US has the biggest quote of asylees/refugess in the world but probably a good chunk of those will never be naturalized which in part doesn't violate the UN convention since it leaves the immigration benifit as a descresionary issue to the hosting country but it erodes the US tradition of naturalizing those who are considered stateless/Refugees.
I am from Pakistan, no I have a son but his mother is a Canadian so she took advantage of my bad situation and took my son to Canada, I am in admissible so I can not come back from Canada if I ever go to Canada, I have not seen him for almost 4 years, he was born in the USA but his mother could not be sponsored due to my hold, so the whole relationship came down.
I applied for asylum in 1993 and was granted in 1998.
It is impossible to tell how they review the cases as they use an umbrella of national security to cover up their incompetence.
Attorney can win the case for you but the court can not interfere in the decision of immigration, which means with mandamus law suit you may move immigration to give your decision in 60 days, but the decision will be a denial due to insufficient and not enough exercise for USCIS to approve your case.
Initially USCIS tried to deport applicants they found inadmissible under 212 a 3 b of the ina but they badly lost the cases as we all know the entire issue is baseless and we are all innocent people. "Khader Musa HAMIDE and Michel Ibrahim SHEHADEH" (copy paste the link and you can find the details of the decision).
Attorney will represent you because it is money for him to fight your case, however an honest attorney will tell you all mentioned above. I know how attorneys work since I am my self an ex attorney.
I can not advise you what to do as this can only be told by means of crystal ball..lol, it will be predicting, there may be a good news as they are hopefully in process of passing a bill "111 TH CONGRESS S.3113" (copy paste the link and you can find the details ) only God knows if it will be beneficial for us or not, that will be told by time.
I would have totally forgotten about my Green Card if I had know all these pains are down the road to pass through, but now I have to wait hoping I may be close to my decision, may be I am way far but again such speculations are just there, so you may make your decision based on my facts, but remember policies keep changing, and some times it may change for some thing positive, but then these are the chances you will have to take if you decide to hang on.
Good luck and I hope I was helpful, how ever it will be helpful to see how many people are waiting as long as I am, so I hope some one waiting this long will contact.
Thanks

Hecate thanks for sharing your experience but the case you reffered to has been in courts for more than 20 years ??? thats hopefully not the case here lol, but you know I think right now there is a lot of talk about immigration I hope thats not for the mid-term elections in November, if you have noticed they are always coming up with excuses to make it difficult for asylees to naturalize , first they introduced the CAP of 10,000/year yet they never used that number towards admitting asylees , finally they settled that after a calssaction lawsuit in 2005 , then they introduced the real ID act which victimized so many probably far more than 7,000 and unknown number of asylum seekers, so every time there will be something to make it harder for asylees to get immigration benifits. The legislations by it self are not enough if there is no political or DHS will to change its MOOD towards asylees/refugees.still by far US has the biggest quote of asylees/refugess in the world but probably a good chunk of those will never be naturalized which in part doesn't violate the UN convention since it leaves the immigration benifit as a descresionary issue to the hosting country but it erodes the US tradition of naturalizing those who are considered stateless/Refugees.

Yes I understand that case has been in court for 20 years, but the benefit we get is the date of decision which was in 2007, how ever your observation is correct and I am glad you are well aware, the way the US government sees it is as a humanitarian help, thus it is sufficient for them to see we are not in a country of persecution, the settlement for immigrants is a benefit they look at as it is not our right but a privilege that they can give, attorneys are in fact a waste of money, in over 17 years I have spent a lot of money in attorneys, all down the drain, I almost went for mandamus as well as ombudsman but when I checked into the laws it pretty much looked like you completely give your life away for them to decide, thus it was not a right choice, later I found out things can get even worst with those options.
You are well aware it is also a human right's issue to falsely persecute some one, charging as a terrorist without a reasonable grounds and keep the case pending for years to me is also a persecution, but you can not take a second asylum as per the rules it should be your first place of boarding from you native country, so this also disqualifies us from getting asylum in Canada or other country unless if we try to go to our native country and try again, which is a risk of even worst persecution in our country, so not much until some one in senate really stands up, this may only happen if some one is God fearing and cares about the reputation of America, so far it has not happened.
There has never been so many applicants under allegations on 212 a 3 b of the ina, but again we as a people live in hatred based on our past experience for example if a black guy mugs some one on the street we tend to say black people are criminals, or if a white guy mistreats we tend to say white people are racists and so on, the same way people working in the US government on lower and higher level are people with similar mentalities, these REAL ID ACT and PATRIOTIC ACT was made based on these facts, technically it is completely unconstitutional as it clearly violated 1st, 3rd and 5th amendment rights, unless these acts are redesigned I don't see any other way for a hope of fair treatment that can be given to asylum cases.
The entire issue on 212 a 3 b is based on REAL ID ACT and PATRIOTIC ACT, and the only way to fight is to quash these acts, the civil rights and AILA have tried to work on this but unsuccessful results, due to the exaggeration pointed out based on 911, and the patriotism by people with power.
There is no proper way of processing as I see people charged with 212 a 3 b application filed 2005 are now cleared and my application filed in 1999 is still pending, even though in 17 years I have never even got a parking ticket, and have a clean record. What a mess!
So if you ask me how long you should wait I am sure after reading the above your attorney may be right it may take any amount of reasonable or unreasonable time.
Good luck.

Thanks HOPE FOR BEST for such an important information you have provided. Nicely detailed, I have sent a letter to USCIS internal audit and hoping to receive something if there is any progress I will definitely put it here so people may benefit from my experience, I was wrongly charged for totally a different political group, so may be USCIS audit can correct that mistake.

Hello, every body,

I just want to ask you all, I put my husband information when I applied for my green card. Does it effect to my adjustment application? That's why my case is pending for such a long time? Does anybody know? I was single when I was granted asylum.
Thanks HOPE FOR BEST for such an important information you have provided. Nicely detailed, I have sent a letter to USCIS internal audit and hoping to receive something if there is any progress I will definitely put it here so people may benefit from my experience, I was wrongly charged for totally a different political group, so may be USCIS audit can correct that mistake.

Based on 21 y/o palestenians cases the lawyers were able to establish they pose no threat to the US ( after 21 years of delegations)I was wondering why lawyers can't challenge DHS that majority of 212 holds pose no threat to this country since most of those on hold belong to a political parties that never engaged directly or indirectly against the US (other wise they would be Tier 1 or 2) , but I think whats funny is the wording of The REAL ID ACT gave them a golden opportunity to categorize us as Tier1,2 or 3 , even the DHS policy director for refugees/aylees during Bush era Mr.Igor ( who I think the mastermind of the policy we in now) admitts to unintended consequences and he still opposes to repeal Tier 3 holds or Tier 1 duress cases, and admitts there is little waivers available which imply they better of be safe than sorry ,I think we are caught in the middle of security mentality that took over from constitutionality and common sense and hence you will find the law and constitution donot get along in many aspects of these provisions. (
Yes I understand that case has been in court for 20 years, but the benefit we get is the date of decision which was in 2007, how ever your observation is correct and I am glad you are well aware, the way the US government sees it is as a humanitarian help, thus it is sufficient for them to see we are not in a country of persecution, the settlement for immigrants is a benefit they look at as it is not our right but a privilege that they can give, attorneys are in fact a waste of money, in over 17 years I have spent a lot of money in attorneys, all down the drain, I almost went for mandamus as well as ombudsman but when I checked into the laws it pretty much looked like you completely give your life away for them to decide, thus it was not a right choice, later I found out things can get even worst with those options.
You are well aware it is also a human right's issue to falsely persecute some one, charging as a terrorist without a reasonable grounds and keep the case pending for years to me is also a persecution, but you can not take a second asylum as per the rules it should be your first place of boarding from you native country, so this also disqualifies us from getting asylum in Canada or other country unless if we try to go to our native country and try again, which is a risk of even worst persecution in our country, so not much until some one in senate really stands up, this may only happen if some one is God fearing and cares about the reputation of America, so far it has not happened.
There has never been so many applicants under allegations on 212 a 3 b of the ina, but again we as a people live in hatred based on our past experience for example if a black guy mugs some one on the street we tend to say black people are criminals, or if a white guy mistreats we tend to say white people are racists and so on, the same way people working in the US government on lower and higher level are people with similar mentalities, these REAL ID ACT and PATRIOTIC ACT was made based on these facts, technically it is completely unconstitutional as it clearly violated 1st, 3rd and 5th amendment rights, unless these acts are redesigned I don't see any other way for a hope of fair treatment that can be given to asylum cases.
The entire issue on 212 a 3 b is based on REAL ID ACT and PATRIOTIC ACT, and the only way to fight is to quash these acts, the civil rights and AILA have tried to work on this but unsuccessful results, due to the exaggeration pointed out based on 911, and the patriotism by people with power.
There is no proper way of processing as I see people charged with 212 a 3 b application filed 2005 are now cleared and my application filed in 1999 is still pending, even though in 17 years I have never even got a parking ticket, and have a clean record. What a mess!
So if you ask me how long you should wait I am sure after reading the above your attorney may be right it may take any amount of reasonable or unreasonable time.
Good luck.

usa21 ,
I know some people in this forum and some friends who are asylees , the hold is projected to thier i-730 applicants and thier dervative spouces but I have no idea if this can be reversed , my question to you is your husband a derivtive asylee ,Asylee or on another visas?
Hello, every body,

I just want to ask you all, I put my husband information when I applied for my green card. Does it effect to my adjustment application? That's why my case is pending for such a long time? Does anybody know? I was single when I was granted asylum.

My husband is in another country where he is a asylum too. I went there and married him officially.
usa21 ,

I know some people in this forum and some friends who are asylees , the hold is projected to thier i-730 applicants and thier dervative spouces but I have no idea if this can be reversed , my question to you is your husband a derivtive asylee ,Asylee or on another visas?