I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Thanks Ifedup for the encouragement, I have a feeling that our action if gets the attention will have a positive outcome, the DHS have shown some movement recently if they get a little attention from the white house it will be much active action.

Congratultion Ifedup!
I'm also still checking the forum every day to see good news such as urs today. I can't wait to see the good news from all my friends in this forum. This forum has been a daily stop for me since I joined in 2010. One thing I encoruge everone to do is to ask your Senator office to check your status for you and to ask uscis to speed up your application. That's what my Sentor requested for me. I called the usis number to check my application status the same day I contacted my Sentor's office. My reply came as your application still on hold and the the Senator reply that my application is been given to an immigration offiicer for processing. So please contact your Congress person and please keep this good news comming.

Hi everybody
my asylum case is pending over 7 months
what i have to do to speed up my application.
I went to the asylum office many times, and every time they answer me " your case still pending"
I mail them and get same answer.
I email them and also get same answer.
I even talked with my lawyer and he told me there is nothing to do but wait.

are there any way to make Asylum office speedup my application and give my the Decision?!!

If any one with a busy schedule wishes to sent a letter to join our good cause kindly copy paste a specimen with just small changes on date, name and address on Post #2289, and sent them out, this is one hope that we are depending upon.
Thanks for your support.

Hi Everyone,

I mailed my first letter hours ago and will do so for the next 10 days.
The good news that I wanted to share with you guys I received the below e-mail this morning:

-------------
The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On February 4, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
-----------------

It has been very long waiting time (1999). When I think about it should be for something good. The uncertainty of my status in this country made me push myself very hard to do many good things for my family, and myself. The down side is the stressful time, frustration, and the feeling of humiliation by the non-sense terrorist-related inadmissibility affected my health a lot.
My time line:
1999 – Applied for Asylum
2005- Asylum granted
2006- Applied for Green Card
2013- Green Card Approved

14 years wow, I should have my triple Citizenship by next year :)

I can’t describe my feelings right now, I don’t think I will be able to thank all of you enough for your support, and the valuable information you guys shared with us. You have no idea how that helped me overcome the suffering.
I will be checking this forum to see the good news from all of you.
Wish you all much success - peace, health, and happiness

[Congratulation Ifedup, on your newly approval; well deserved ]

I want to know some thing about this topic in details.
Please give your comment & voting..
regards
prem

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone,
I found about this forum this morning. I am in the same boat like everyone else; I was granted asylum in 2003 and in 2004 I did apply to adjust my status to permanent resident (PR) and since my application for adjustment of status has been put on hold because of the material support provisions of INA. I was fired from a very well paid job when I informed my boss about my immigration problems. I almost lost my home as I had difficulty paying mortgage with minimum wage even though I was working more than 70 hours a week for almost two years. With hard work and a strong determination I was able to establish my own business with very little capital and no help from anyone. Today I have provided well-paid jobs for eight American citizens.
When I read about others on this board, I could easily identify with their agonies. We are vice less victims who have been victimized in a very unjust way for years and some even for decades. Sometimes I do feel like I am having a nightmare, but it is real and happens here in the US right now.
I appreciate the efforts of those of us who started to write to the President seeking for justice. I will mail my letter on Tuesday. I was wondering if we could petition the White house online and if we could get 100000 signatures then the white house has to acknowledge the petition and respond to it. I understand collecting than many signatures seems a daunting task but I think it is worth trying and probably we may get some attention to our cause.

Hello Everyone,
I found about this forum this morning. I am in the same boat like everyone else; I was granted asylum in 2003 and in 2004 I did apply to adjust my status to permanent resident (PR) and since my application for adjustment of status has been put on hold because of the material support provisions of INA. I was fired from a very well paid job when I informed my boss about my immigration problems. I almost lost my home as I had difficulty paying mortgage with minimum wage even though I was working more than 70 hours a week for almost two years. With hard work and a strong determination I was able to establish my own business with very little capital and no help from anyone. Today I have provided well-paid jobs for eight American citizens.
When I read about others on this board, I could easily identify with their agonies. We are vice less victims who have been victimized in a very unjust way for years and some even for decades. Sometimes I do feel like I am having a nightmare, but it is real and happens here in the US right now.
I appreciate the efforts of those of us who started to write to the President seeking for justice. I will mail my letter on Tuesday. I was wondering if we could petition the White house online and if we could get 100000 signatures then the white house has to acknowledge the petition and respond to it. I understand collecting than many signatures seems a daunting task but I think it is worth trying and probably we may get some attention to our cause.

Jaya22,
Welcome to the Club!
It does not appear that there is any meaningful way out to the messy situation we are in. 100,000 signatures, it is well pondered, but it seems to me that it is a big number of signatures to gather. We could not gather 10 or even enough volunteers to send grievance letters to the President. Anyway, I wanted to give my warm welcome, but we are a pretty hopeless situation. That would probably come to an end one day...

Hello Everyone,
Unfortunately the country we have taken asylum in is not very reputable is protecting minorities, google the Japanese American internment, incident of rosewood, there are unlimited more incidents and there is a long history of xenophobia and aggravation on minorities in USA, no one cared to do much at a level that could change the unfair action, however if you need me to join you for such petition I will gladly sign up and back up such action, recently I sent a letter to Obama, Michele Obama, and Senator John MCCain, McCain office already told me to take a hike, now hoping to hear from Obama where I have already sent few letters.

I have a good news, this news is good for cases on hold since 1999, we recently saw a few approvals for cases on hold since 1999, one of my co worker on asylum hold since 1999 got his green card, it is a hope that they are moving cases since 1999 and may go First in first out.
His family got green card long time ago but his case was on hold, he was approved effective back date.

This is the e-mail i got from my lawyer today "USCIS did release a Policy Memo today on the “Limited General” TRIG exemption. That might be a hopeful sign." i try to google and get more information but no success. please post if you have any updates Thanks!

Have wonderful day

This is the e-mail i got from my lawyer today "USCIS did release a Policy Memo today on the “Limited General” TRIG exemption. That might be a hopeful sign." i try to google and get more information but no success. please post if you have any updates Thanks!

Have wonderful day

Hi HBA, I am afraid that your Lawyer wasn't aware of the implementation Memo, this is old news.This is a memo that went out internally within USCIS, field offices and service centers in late September, on implementation of the August 2012 exemption. And Aila just posted it back on their web. on 2-25-2013 for lawyers to take a look at it;as they always do, but in reality it is nothing new.

Let’s hope that the next Asylum division quarterly meeting which is on
March 19, 2013 will bring good news.

Let’s hope that the next Asylum division quarterly meeting which is on
March 19, 2013 will bring good news.

I hope so too,HBA. By the way:

The Terrorist-Related Inadmissibility Grounds (TRIG) Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting is actually on 03/12/2013, but the Asylum Division Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting is 03/19/2013]

Hello

Here what i received from USCIS today. My status was on post decision activity for many years and today it looks like went backward to initial review. I am not sure if that is good news or not. Please let me know what you think

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On March 28, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Here what i received from USCIS today. My status was on post decision activity for many years and today it looks like went backward to initial review. I am not sure if that is good news or not. Please let me know what you think

Security checks and fingerprints are only good for about six months. If your application was held up for many years and they are now asking for new prints and photographs, I would interpret that as a good sign. But that is just a guess.

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On March 28, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

HBA,
I wouldn’t worry about such categorical steps…
After acceptance of your petition, it goes to initial review, which we are all at. And after that stage, it’s adjudication. It appeared that you recently did a change of address, that might be the reason why, the notification on initial review.

Good luck