I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hi all,
I just hung up talking to Anwen Hughes. She said, she is aware of a number of cases that have been approved based on the August 10 exemption. The next quarterly meeting is scheduled for December the 13th. you all will be approved pretty soon. Just hang in there.

I don't know about SCOPSSCAT, because I sent an inquiry and received 3 replies all of them totally different in term of wording.
I bet if you would write them again, you may get some different conflicting answers.
Failing to submit a RFE, has nothing to do with ineligibility for an exemption waiver. Many people were asked to provide a RFE, after they submitted nothing happened, they still NOT approved.

Even if we have the same goal, my case is diffrent from your's. If you got conflicting answers it doesn't mean I have to get too. So betting, that I am going to get conflicting(unfavorable) answer is pessimistic wish. Failing to sumit a RFE at any time has negative impact in your case, not positive. Some of our cases has been on hold for more than a decade, between those years the condition of the country, the activity of the group and the behavior of the applicant could change and sometimes it does. If they send you RFE due to the change you have to send them the information ASAp. you don't say it has nothing to do with ineligibility. It has something to do with. People are getting green card after this exemption. So it is important they send back on time. For the record this exemption is not equivocal, it is good LGE. I don't know which part is vague for you, but there are some pro-bono lawyers to help you understand. Some times you sound like a wolf in sheeep's clothing.

I wish you green card!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if we have the same goal, my case is diffrent from your's. If you got conflicting answers it doesn't mean I have to get too. So betting, that I am going to get conflicting(unfavorable) answer is pessimistic wish. Failing to sumit a RFE at any time has negative impact in your case, not positive. Some of our cases has been on hold for more than a decade, between those years the condition of the country, the activity of the group and the behavior of the applicant could change and sometimes it does. If they send you RFE due to the change you have to send them the information ASAp. you don't say it has nothing to do with ineligibility. It has something to do with. People are getting green card after this exemption. So it is important they send back on time. For the record this exemption is not equivocal, it is good LGE. I don't know which part is vague for you, but there are some pro-bono lawyers to help you understand. Some times you sound like a wolf in sheeep's clothing.

I wish you green card!!!

Thanks for your wish; and I apologize not because I am wrong but because I value our relationship more than my ego, and my religion does not allow insults or name calling. I wish you a green card as well from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I just got back from two months of vacation in France. Was no problem leaving the country and coming back with a simple travel document that was issued by USCIS and I 94. I have emailed Melanie since I got back to get new updates. I am still waiting for her reply I will make sure to share with you all.

Hello All,

I just got back from two months of vacation in France. Was no problem leaving the country and coming back with a simple travel document that was issued by USCIS and I 94. I have emailed Melanie since I got back to get new updates. I am still waiting for her reply I will make sure to share with you all.

Welcome back HBA.
I hope you enjoyed your trip.
Have you received yet any RFE, in regards to your case?

Hi

Welcome back HBA.
I hope you enjoyed your trip.
Have you received yet any RFE, in regards to your case?

Thank you Deep Trigger, I had wonderful time. No I have not received anything from USCIS including the RFE. I am not sure if that is a good sign or bad? What will you advice me to do? I did contact a lawyer about it and I was told to wait for couple more months that USCIS is clearing all pending cases.

Thanks!

Thank you Deep Trigger, I had wonderful time. No I have not received anything from USCIS including the RFE. I am not sure if that is a good sign or bad? What will you advice me to do? I did contact a lawyer about it and I was told to wait for couple more months that USCIS is clearing all pending cases.

Thanks!
[/QUOTE

I honestly don't think that the fact of not receiving a RFE is a bad thing. Besides I did not received any myself, and most that I talked to, didn't either . I think that Lawyer was correct, waiting a couple of month and we would probably know about our fate. My lawyer was told after the elections, but the future will tell.
Best luck to you, HBA.

[/QUOTE

I honestly don't think that the fact of not receiving a RFE is a bad thing. Besides I did not received any myself, and most that I talked to, didn't either . I think that Lawyer was correct, waiting a couple of month and we would probably know about our fate. My lawyer was told after the elections, but the future will tell.
Best luck to you, HBA.

Thank you Deep Trigger, for the information. Good Luck to you too!

Hi All,
Friends and strugglers: It is nice to be back to this informative post.
Please if any one has information regarding that the DUP of The Sudan is cleared from the terrorist list or the undesignated terror III group list. If possible send me the definite documentation that shows that the DUP is no longer a terrorist group.

I was cleared 2 years ago with the help of this post and now I am applying for my citizenship, and I already went for an interview. Everything was going smoothly during my interview, until the IO asked got stuck in questions about the DUP and my enrolment and activity towards that political party. At the end of the interview, the IO marked; need further review. I am not sure if this was the reason that IO did not approve my case immediately or not. Please note that I am now applying for naturalization in the ground of family spouse (Married from US citizen). But my GC was issued on the basis of asylum. I don’t want to go back to the start again. If any one please has a list of the party clearance please forwarded to me and I will truly appreciate it.

I would like to share a piece of information I got from my attorney. He told me that one of his clients whose application for adjustment of status was on hold for 6 years and 3 months, has received his green card on Thursday. His green card was back dated 3years and 2 months...according to my attorney it seems that this individual's application was pre adjudicated and the INS was just waiting for wavier....

I would like to share a piece of information I got from my attorney. He told me that one of his clients whose application for adjustment of status was on hold for 6 years and 3 months, has received his green card on Thursday. His green card was back dated 3years and 2 months...according to my attorney it seems that this individual's application was pre adjudicated and the INS was just waiting for wavier....

Good piece of information.
Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, SOA.

Hello all,
News and stories of people getting the hold off their cases and getting approved is slowly finding its way into this forum.
Things however slow, are going towards the desired direction. There will be more good stories of approved cases pretty soon.
Hang in there everyone, Green card is blinking.

Hello all,
News and stories of people getting the hold off their cases and getting approved is slowly finding its way into this forum.
Things however slow, are going towards the desired direction. There will be more good stories of approved cases pretty soon.
Hang in there everyone, Green card is blinking.

Very Thoughtful and Comforting, Thanks JosephEsf.
I have a long talk with my lawyer who stated that << at this point no one knows what's going on>>. The policy implementation is not transparent, and USCIS is processing extremely slow.

Wishing that our Hope won't be in vain... Let us wait and see.
Again thanks JosephEsf.

My pleasure Deep Trigger.
Hey hecate, any news?

No nothing yet, it has been over 2 weeks since I sent them RFE, lets see what happens next, I will keep you updated if there is any further development. Hope soon we will all be out of this mess.

No nothing yet, it has been over 2 weeks since I sent them RFE, lets see what happens next, I will keep you updated if there is any further development. Hope soon we will all be out of this mess.

hecate,
Some few guys that I know have turned in their RFE, but same thing they are still waiting. And many others have been still on hold. I guess USCIS has some implementation plan that we and our legal representatives don't know, at least mine doesn't know, what's boiling down at this point.

hecate,
Some few guys that I know have turned in their RFE, but same thing they are still waiting. And many others have been still on hold. I guess USCIS has some implementation plan that we and our legal representatives don't know, at least mine doesn't know, what's boiling down at this point.
You may be right but there was the same hope in 2004 when they sent me RFE, then in 2009 the immigration officer told me my Green card is ready just waiting for RFE and now in 2012 another RFE with another hope, I pray that your predictions will prove right, but my thoughts are more in favour of thinking that they review our applications at certain point and they need to keep the records updated.

Keep on praying for me and all of us we should all do the same.

You may be right but there was the same hope in 2004 when they sent me RFE, then in 2009 the immigration officer told me my Green card is ready just waiting for RFE and now in 2012 another RFE with another hope, I pray that your predictions will prove right, but my thoughts are more in favour of thinking that they review our applications at certain point and they need to keep the records updated.

Keep on praying for me and all of us we should all do the same.

The more I read your posts the more I have the tendency to agree with you. But this time around may be different because of the exemption, if we go back to what they anticipated to do about 75% will be adjudicated, we should only keep hope, and wishing our hope won't be betrayed. But I understand where you coming from with all your analysis based on past practice. Yes, I will definitely and for sure pray for you and for the rest of us, like I 've always been doing. May God grant our prayers. Keep in touch, wait and see, there is no hardship that wouldn't end.